[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Yes, there is missing a skin instance, but it is behond my abilities to fix it. The nif is very messy, it allmost makes my nifskope to crash. Perhaps if I reimport it into Max, but I would loose all animations with that process. I am sorry, that would need somebody with more experience in editing nifs than me. Is Cojote still arround in the forums?

Has anyone figured out that Galley issue? Or has it been fixed by avain or anybody?

Has anyone figured out that Galley issue? Or has it been fixed by avain or anybody?

Could you try it in-game? I've no way to do it now.
I've just fixed the nif "on paper", but I can't say for sure if it works now. If not, I'll recheck it during the next week-end

EDIT
-------
I removed the attached nif because it didn't work fine

I russian musketman is japanese.
I think the japanese musket man has a russian uniform. Maybe mixed up?

PS, The world needs a new Quot Capita.

I'd just like to say that I've been playing Civ4 for years, but never looked at player customized content. This is amazing! Yes I know I'm a newbie, but I just wanted to show my gratitude to everyone who has put VD together and to those who continue to expand it. I'm looking forward to the Scandinavian expansion. Keep up the awesome work people!

here is the fixed file, was the normal "if i´m in the wrong place (considering the child order) in the nif, i will vanish the model behind me and will display the terrain art"
[or in other words: the part with alpha must be the last part of the mesh in the nif tree - considering the order if you expand the children of a node].
Also copied the mesh in the galley.nif and exchanged the rows with the standard one, so that the unit is animated

that you always must search for existing problems here and nobody asks question in the proper tutorial threads :lol:

Attachments

• Galley_fix.zip
    153.5 KB · Views: 83
the part with alpha must be the last part of the mesh in the nif tree - considering the order if you expand the children of a node

As usual, you always have a solution for every issue and we have learnt one thing more :goodjob:

Please, visit the forum more often !!! :thanx:

here is the fixed file, was the normal "if i´m in the wrong place (considering the child order) in the nif, i will vanish the model behind me and will display the terrain art"
[or in other words: the part with alpha must be the last part of the mesh in the nif tree - considering the order if you expand the children of a node].
Also copied the mesh in the galley.nif and exchanged the rows with the standard one, so that the unit is animated

that you always must search for existing problems here and nobody asks question in the proper tutorial threads :lol:

That was exactly the reason, why I was asking, if Coyote is still around. I knew, it would be easy for you to fix. :)

thanks :), i think that atm i will visit the forum on a more regular base again - i also have my next unit (mech) almost finished - almost since two weeks :crazyeye:

thanks :), i think that atm i will visit the forum on a more regular base again - i also have my next unit (mech) almost finished - almost since two weeks :crazyeye:

Uh, uh :clap:...you force me to work again :(...:).

Hi

I posted about forst sometimes being invisible in the Bat 2.1 bug thread and Emperor said I should psot a link to the screenies I made here since he said it might be a problem with the Veritas part of Bat. So here it is --> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8664322&postcount=2074

I guess, it's probably more a problem with the cultural city stiles.

Hi there. Is it here we report bugs ?

There's a problem with the last BAT, 2.1. CTD happen when we try to load a saved game. BUG's modders seem to think it comes from missing art in VD, and they asked to post here to report it, so here I am. You can find the details of the problem and saved games on that page.

While I'm here, I gonna say I really love your work people. It adds a really nice flavor to the game and I can't play without it anymore. Keep up the good job. :goodjob:

I've been wondering... does VD have several people making units specifically for it, or are the unit art styles cobbled together from a bunch of different sources?

I'm asking because I'm looking for someone to make a pretty specific unitartstyles set for my mod. I'm a bit hesitant to post this request in the Unit Requests thread because it will be a very tall order that requires a lot of custom units. Besides, I'm not sure how many unit makers actually hang around in that thread taking requests, you know?

I've been wondering... does VD have several people making units specifically for it, or are the unit art styles cobbled together from a bunch of different sources?

I'm asking because I'm looking for someone to make a pretty specific unitartstyles set for my mod. I'm a bit hesitant to post this request in the Unit Requests thread because it will be a very tall order that requires a lot of custom units. Besides, I'm not sure how many unit makers actually hang around in that thread taking requests, you know?

From my experience a lot of unit-makers do visit the unit requests thread. And I don't think there is anyone specifically making units for VD, I am sure avain has made some himself, but for the most part they appear to be units that other people made. There aren't that many unit-makers around right now (as far as I know), and the ones that are around make pretty specific units (ancient, modern etc.).

Hi there. Is it here we report bugs ?

There's a problem with the last BAT, 2.1. CTD happen when we try to load a saved game. BUG's modders seem to think it comes from missing art in VD, and they asked to post here to report it, so here I am. You can find the details of the problem and saved games on that page.

While I'm here, I gonna say I really love your work people. It adds a really nice flavor to the game and I can't play without it anymore. Keep up the good job. :goodjob:

ditto here too. The new version crashes all my saved games.

EF has worked on things, and figure out it's either related to workers building plantations, or the plantation artwork itself. That is why so many crashes happen so early.

Top Bottom