1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Modification Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Thunderfall, May 22, 2006.

1. Lplate

Lplate Esus (Allegedly)

Hi,

I'm working on a nomadic Civilization for Erebus. This civilization will occasionally relocate an entire population from an on-season city to an off-season settlement
    (converting the off-season settlement into an on-season city in the process). They have a number of unique improvements for the terrain, to reflect their nomadic life.

The standard cottage, hamlet, village, town cycle will be replaced by a 4 equivalents at each level. As the improvements are used they do not upgrade along the usual path. Rather, they degrade, producing less and less income the more they are used. This is to reflect the massive surge in trading when a population relocates into an area and the gradual diminishing of trade as the resources of the area are used up. IMPROVEMENT_MOBILE_COTTAGE_1 degrades to IMPROVEMENT_MOBILE_COTTAGE_2, which degrades to IMPROVEMENT_MOBILE_COTTAGE_3, which degrades to IMPROVEMENT_MOBILE_COTTAGE_4. When the improvement is in the fat cross of an off-season settlement and an on season city relocates to it, then the improvement moves up to the next tier, e.g. if it was a mobile cottage type improvement, it is converted into IMPROVEMENT_MOBILE_HAMLET_1.

Spoiler :

The trading camps have a population boom whenever the nearest primary camp comes into season as the merchants scramble to supply the large population. Of course, the merchants can not survive without food and so as the

food in the area diminishes, so many of the merchants will move on. Over the seasons as the population returns again and again, the associated trading camps will become more established and developed providing a greater and more varied

selection of traded goods.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]The four first tier improvements are: New, Established, Old and Deserted Small Trader Camps. If these are within the fat cross of a city when the Panivo relocate to it, they become New Trading Camps. Further Relocations will upgrade the improvements to New Large Trader's Camps and ultimately New Massive Trading Camps. The variously sized trading camps go through the cycle: New, Established, Old and Deserted.

For the cities I'm using the tents and yurts style used by the Hippus (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/hippus.jpg/) developed by Freya for the CityStyleModModMod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=333249). I was thinking that a varying number of these early era tents/yurts could be used in the graphic to represent the different mobile cottage, hamlet, village, town improvements.

This particular Civilization would exploit tiles rather than farm them. To represent this, I've created 7 exploited improvements. The first 4 yield extra food, the fifth yields no food and the last two reduce the amount of food the tile produces. I'm looking for a graphic to represent this on the screen. I haven't a clear idea for this one (perhaps an increasing number of grey/brown lines scarring the land).

Spoiler :

The Panivo Foragers are skilled at finding more food in an area than any other workers, resulting in high early food yields in a city supported by exploited terrain. Overtime, this exploitation is unsustainable and the

amount of food returned diminishes. If the land is not given some time to recover, it will ultimately cease to yield any food at all. There is the added possiblity that the intensive exploitation will result in degradation of the

terrain, even if recovery time is allowed - Exploitation ultimately will yield frozen tundra or harsh deserts.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Exploited lands goes through the following improvements, each with lower food yields; Initial Exploitation,

Continuing Exploitation, Diminishing Returns Exploitation, Weak Returns Exploitation, Break Even Exploitation, Scarred Land, Ruined Land.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Exploited land can only recover to Dormant, when it is not in the fat cross of an

On-Season Panivo City. The more exploited the land, the lower the likelihood of this recovery and the greater the likelihood that the underlying terrain will itself have degraded.

Would anyone be interested in developing some of these improvement graphics?

thanks,
    LPlate

2. POTC Luva

POTC Luva Chieftain

Requesting President Taft for a LH

3. Kink

Kink Chieftain

Requesting LeaderHead of Robert House (Mr. House from Fallout New Vegas)

Spoiler :

4. Thure

Thure Chieftain

A very special request from me.

A LeaderHead for Ulrich Schmidl.

Spoiler :

5. Justinian14

Justinian14 Chieftain

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I request some new terrain features ...

- Crater
    - Geyser
    - Mesa
    - Canyon

Thanks in advance to anyone who can make these.

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Theres a Canyon/Crater thing in the ice mod that comes with the default civ

8. Radio Noer

Radio Noer The Devourer

Could anybody make me quite a few leaderheads from the Pendragon book series?

I need 13 leaderheads so I understand if you can only do a couple, I wouldn't imagine it's an easy process.

pics

1st set
    Spoiler :
    From left to right: Siry Remudi, Loor, Patrick Mac

2nd set
    Spoiler :
    From Left to right: Alder, Aja Killian, Eli Winter (I would also nneed her daughter, she is virtually identical but with straight brown hair)

3rd set
    Spoiler :
    From left to right: Kasha, Vo Spader, "Gunny"

Finally
    Spoiler :
    Top: Saint Dane Middle: Naymeer Bottom: Bobby Pendragon

If anybody can help with any of them I would greatly appreciate it.

Radio

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Could somebody with a little LH making experience take a look at Da Capo's Mongkut LH? Da Capo doesn't seem to be active at the moment so I post this here.

I don't know if there's something wrong with the LH itself or if I've only made some mistake. Anyway, my Mongkut always gets pink eyes:

View attachment 299372

In case it matters, here are my art defines for him:

Code:
    		<LeaderheadArtInfo>
    			<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_MONGKUT</Type>
    			<Button></Button>
    			<NIF>Art/leaderheads/Mongkut/Tachnechobrus.nif</NIF>
    			<KFM>Art/leaderheads/Mongkut/Tachnechobrus.kfm</KFM>
    			<NoShaderNIF>Art/leaderheads/Mongkut/Tachnechobrus.nif</NoShaderNIF>
    			<BackgroundKFM>Art/leaderheads/Mongkut/Tachnechobrus_Background.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
    		</LeaderheadArtInfo>
    It looks like it's something minor, so I hope you could fix this rather easily.

Thanks in advance.

10. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

This pink always appears if some texture is missing. Put the dds file of the attached zip into the leaderhead's folder and the pink should disappear.

Attached Files:

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It works, thanks!

Another question: I'm looking for a good LH to represent Shivaji Bhosale of the Indian Maratha Empire, based on this depiction:

Spoiler :

Currently I use Shaybani Khan, but he's too Middle Eastern flavored. Does anyone have a better idea?

12. Haschel47

Haschel47 Chieftain

Could I request that somebody make a leaderhead based on this guy:

I think it should be straightforward; Stalin's mustache and De Gaulle's hat would be the main components. But I have no ability to make these myself.

13. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

not that i could make it, but im sure it would help other creators if you said who he is

14. Haschel47

Haschel47 Chieftain

Well, he's a fictional character. Some friends and I used to play a forum game online that was sort of a mix between Risk and Civ, and I decided to make a Civ mod that included all of our fake nations from that game. I've been able to find existing leaderheads that work for most of the other nations, but there aren't any good lookalikes for that guy.

15. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Wich new buildings/wonders you would like to see in the game.
    Post new requests here...
    I would like to request:
    Wonders:
    -Burj Khalifa
    Spoiler :

-Chartres Cathedral
    Spoiler :

-Oriental Pearl Tower
    Spoiler :

-Grand Palace or Wat Phra Kaew
    Spoiler :

-Wat Arun
    Spoiler :

-Lotus Temple
    Spoiler :

-Ruwanwelisaya or Jetavanaramaya
    Spoiler :

-Masjid al-Haram(the "Masjid al-Haram" in Civ IV is the Dome of the Rock.)
    Spoiler :

-Basilique du Sacré C&#339;ur
    Spoiler :

-Sagrada Familia
    Spoiler :

-Taipei 101
    Spoiler :

Altough I think it would be a"miracle" if someone is not too lazy to make one this buildings.

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Brandenburg Gate and the Masjid al-Haram already exist, search the database.

17. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

There is indeed a Brandenburg Gate,but if founded NO Masjid al-Haram in the downloads database.
    If you have or can find one,then please post or upload it.

18. RPG

RPG King

Abu Simbel exists in the RI mod I think.

19. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

I think this one request thread is enough ;).

20. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Why do you always throw spanner in the works?:thumbsdown:
    I see a lot of threads that should be merged but you always merge my threads!:(
    Moderator Action: Please do not comment on any moderator action in public. If you want to say anything about an action, then do it via PM please.
    This thread is old,I don't think many people who can make wonders and buildings will visit this thread,thanks I am soooo happy now.:clap::sad:
    Can I upload a building that somebody has maked if I give credit?