1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Modification Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Thunderfall, May 22, 2006.

1. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Actually, this thread is stickied, and everyone who can make wonders and buildings will see it.
    Almost all modders subscribed to it (or at least check it every now and then), especially because it is old
    The_J only tried to help you by moving your thread here, noone would notice your original post if he didn't do that :p

2. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Actually, this and the Leaderhead request thread are the only request threads I pay attention to. I never EVER check for other request threads, as these the old and accepted stickies that people usely visit and actually keep an eye on :)

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Here it is. No idea where I got it from originally, so unfortunately I can't credit it properly :(

4. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

This is not the Masjid al-Haram this is the Mosque of Imam Reza in Mashhad,Iran.
    The Masjid al-Haram looks totally not like that!

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

You're right, sorry. That happens when you store files under confusing names ;)

6. DataByne

DataByne Chieftain

Here's a leaderhead that CIV desperately needs:

A disembodied brain in a jar!!!

Seriously! Whether the brain is Hitler's, Mother Brain, Akira, The Brain (from DC comics, not the mouse... he'd be great too! I could probably use sabotLieh's Variable Static Leaderhead for him though...), Brain Drain (Marvel... real creative name btw, just like DC's), the Kree Supreme Intelligence (though technically they're a lot of brains...), that one DBZ movie villain, the one from Mars Attacks!! (I'm not excited, that's its name), the one from Robocop 2, IT from A Wrinkle In Time, the list goes on and on!

According to Wikipedia, a brain in such a circumstance is called a "brain in a vat" and is also used in philosophical thought experiments (at least researchers think it is), but the main idea is that some villain/mad-scientist/bio-computer is trying to run things from the confines of their little fish bowl! (Which is how the Futurama heads eat)

So far the love of all things comic (as in humor), sci-fi, and slightly perturbed (in a good way), someone please design a "brain-in-a-jar" leaderhead!

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Don't forget the evil flying brains from Futurama :lol:

8. veBear

I second... that episode is just great with all the splelling miscakes :lol:

9. DataByne

DataByne Chieftain

I was torn with Futurama because they had all these characters that fulfill the principle behind "brain-in-a-jar" but they're heads. Then they have these great evil brains that look (and even act like the evilest versions) like the brain within a jar, except they have no jars!

The best solution would be to use the hypothetical jar model that would be used in the "brain-in-a-jar" mod, and then decapitate all the standard leaderheads and swap them with the brain model.

I don't know much about how the animations would work, but it seems to me that if you could separate the head's animation from the rest of the body (and add a little vertical bobbing) you'd have a Futurama "head-in-a-jar" ready made. But for all I know, that might be like asking a ventriloquist to perform without his hands.

So to sum up, that's two requests now! A "brain-in-a-jar" and a round of jars for everyone else in the archive!

10. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I would like to request these leaders.
    -Seondeok of Silla
    Queen regnant of Silla,Korea
    -Ana Nzinga
    Nzinga Mbande,queen of Ndongo and Matamba
    -Shah Jahan
    Emperor of the Mughal empire

11. veBear

12. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

It's a good leaderhead but I think it do not fits as Seondeok + the hairstyle is too luxerious.
    I can not reskin leaderheads,I'm a modder,but I can not edit,reskin,make or whatever a leaderhead. I'm already using that leaderhead in my mod!

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Sometimes you have to live with what you can get. :dunno:

14. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Do modders actually take requests from people?

15. veBear

Sometimes, but nowdays, not that many are active modders anymore or have their own, larger projects (ekmek have almost retired, capo have DiploII etc.)

16. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I don't care what you are saying!
    I'm sure somebody will take one of my requests...ever...

17. veBear

Be a little nicer in your way of writing, please. You don't want to be offensive, you know. He was only trying to help :)

And when it comes to leaderheads, trust me, WERY few requests are taken. Methyl Orange is not longer active, neither is me, Ekmek, IgorS, and Melcher Cruser have different leaders to take care of, while SaibotLieh doesn't really create LH's for anybody but rather creates those he/she wants to. Capo's working on Diplo II, and Cybrxkhan have WoL and CotW. So leaders are not that easy to get made. I say that either you use that asian LH, or you use Jingu by Ekmek, or you can go on waiting. While I can not see the future, I will predict, however, that if you do so, you will have to wait a long time. Sorry to say so, but there's nothing I can do about it. :(

18. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I guess I have to have patience then...
    I don't understand something:some modders create leaderheads that do not make sense:fictional characters,persons who are no leaders,persons where nobody has ever heard of...
    Of course it's the maker who deciedes wich he makes...
    Is there somebody who still makes buildings and/or wonders?

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No need to be rude, especially if you want people to do something for you.

And frankly, the LHs you request are fairly obscure as well, so basically you're asking for something you criticize yourself.

20. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Shah Jahan was one of the greatest,possibly even the greatest ruler in Indian history:he expanded the Mughal Empire to it's greatest extent,started a golden age in culture and arts and builded the most beautiful building on Earth:the Taj Mahal.
    Seondeok of Silla was one of the earliest female leaders in Asian history and started a renaissance in thought,literature and the arts,she also builded Cheomseongdae.
    Ana Nzinga was the greatest ruler of the kingdom of Ndongo and Matamba,she resisted the Portuguese a while and formed an alliance with the Dutch and saved her country from annexation.
    What do you think of that?:mischief: