Graphics Modification Requests Thread

Here's what I see in fungus01_01.nif:
upload_2020-10-14_21-34-19.png

I'm not an expert but that shows me no colouring.

I think boundshape has to do something with NifViewer, but is not important for Civ 4: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/boundshape-nif.363243/

Normally objects in Civ 4 consist only of one nif. How do your xml entries look like?

Edit: Okay, I had a quick look myself in the CIV4FeatureInfos.xml file and it seems like the graphics are defined in "SymbolPaths".
Code:
<SymbolPaths>
               <SymbolPath>Art/Terrain/Features/Jungle/Jungle</SymbolPath>
           </SymbolPaths>
And I guess it randomly chooses one of the numbered "Jungle" nif files if Civ4 wants to display a jungle feature. So yes, if you need to change something in the nif files, you would need to change it in all of them.

Last edited:
Here's what I see in fungus01_01.nif:
View attachment 572019
I'm not an expert but that shows me no colouring.
Hm, looks okay as far as I can tell. It has no NiAlphaController, but I think that is not really necessary.

Edit: At least that is the case for Civ 4, it might be the case that Colonization does things differently in some ways.

Last edited:
Hm, looks okay as far as I can tell. It has no NiAlphaController, but I think that is not really necessary.

Edit: At least that is the case for Civ 4, it might be the case that Colonization does things differently in some ways.
Yes, I just checked it. In Conflict on Chiron it works as intended. Damn...
upload_2020-10-14_22-14-23.png

Could someone create a Fushimi Inari shrine wonder model?
I don't need the building to be the same (reusing jingu building model is fine for me) but the torii path would be important. The best solution would be if it could work like an Aqueduct - placing the shrine part on the nearest hill/peak and
running a torii path to it from the city.

Something like this:
Spoiler :

Anyone? :mischief:
I have created a wonder movie for it already: Fushimi Inari (16sec)

I started working on it, but had to put it aside for a while because of real life. I completely forgot about it. I'll try to finish it soon.

Anyone know how to make citysets? I don't mean all the way up to making new buildings like artists such as Hrochland, but I mean putting things in the nodes, setting up nodes etc? Anyone have a good guild for nifscope?

You do it all in CIV4CityLSystem.xml.
In a Cityset, you'll typically have the various buildings within the cityset, tyipically identified with something ending in 1x1, 1x2, etc or a 3 digit version of this to identify what size node the building should be put on.

An example of entries within <LNode Name="Leaf_1x1"> would be
Spoiler :
Code:
       <!-- Illians -->
       <ArtRef Name="generic:greco_roman_illians.nif::1x1_01">
           <Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ALL</Attribute>
           <Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_ILLIANS</Attribute>
           <Attribute Class="Scalar">iBatchGroup:1</Attribute>
       </ArtRef>
       <ArtRef Name="generic:greco_roman_illians.nif::1x1_02">
       </ArtRef>
       <ArtRef Name="generic:greco_roman_illians.nif::1x1_03">
       </ArtRef>
       <ArtRef Name="generic:greco_roman_illians.nif::1x1_04">
       </ArtRef>

An example of where I just pointed directly to a building model to populate one of my citysets within <LNode Name="Leaf_1x1"> is
Spoiler :
Code:
       <!-- LPlate - Maleficium - trying to build cityset based on various buildings in Walter Hawkwood's Shadow buildings -->
       <ArtRef Name="generic:maleficium/shadowquarry.nif">
           <Attribute Class="Era">ERA_NAMED</Attribute>
           <Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_MALEFICIUM</Attribute>
           <Scale>10</Scale>
       </ArtRef>
       <ArtRef Name="generic:maleficium/shadowminingpost.nif">
           <Scale>10</Scale>
       </ArtRef>
       <ArtRef Name="generic:maleficium/shadowshrine.nif">
           <Scale>10</Scale>
       </ArtRef>
       <ArtRef Name="generic:maleficium/shadowtemple.nif">
           <Scale>10</Scale>
       </ArtRef>

Within CIV4CityLSystem.xml, you should be able to use similar lines at the different LNode Names to create a specific city art style within your game without actually creating a cityset.

---

As regards the artwork for the improvements, put it in Art/structures/cities/yourcitysetname, where yourcitysetname is the name of the folder that you have the nif files (e.g. maleficium was the folder for the example above).

For the paving, the lines in the code are along the lines of
Spoiler :
Code:
       <ArtRef Name="decoration:muddyhorse.nif::4x2">
           <Attribute Class="Artstyle">ARTSTYLE_HORSERIDING</Attribute>
       </ArtRef>
, put any new nif you have relating to this straight into the Art/structures/cities folder.

Have you ever worked with Nifskope? Then it should be quite easy, if you have the seperate files of the buildings to put them together. If not, I am sorry, I do not have a good tutorial how to add an item to a nif. For me, it is a routine, but I am not able to explain it in a way I am sure you will understand it.

That is awesome thankyou for showing me that Hrochland!

I think I can help make some great things now! I think I will start with a Classical Syrian set...

Now i just need to solve this crash on advance to the next era problem with my mod(see my mod thread or the help thread on the main Civ4 Creation and Customization board. If anyone can help me with that I'd appreciate it

I wonder if someone could do a cable car for a city building (not only the car, there should be at least 2 pylons connected with the cable where the car is hanging, otherwhise it would look stupid)

Hey, pretty new to Civ 4 and its modding scene, are there any mods that change/update the buttons/icons for the resources? I find a lot of them (especially Iron, Marble and Stone) kinda hard to parse and also pretty unappealing. If there aren't, would that be relatively easy to do myself?

see the structure of mods, like each of us. You will find that the mod has the same structure and the icon in the mode replaces the icon in the installation. Like everything else.

Top Bottom