filippo brunelleschi
472.5 production

gothic architecture policy
15% (472.5 * 15% = 70.8)

sum of existing progress + engineer charge
522 + (472.5 + 70.8) = 1065.3

Yet, once I use the great engineer I only end up with 1057/1065

Anyone know why this is happening?

(obviously someone else finishes the wonder next turn... I grit my teeth and let it go)

Maybe I get things confused here, but according to the sources I can see, Brunelleschi only adds 315 production?

I was going to postulate that the 15% works on Brunelleschi base production value of: 315 * 15% = 47.25.
His ability contributes 315 multiplied by you speed modifier so: 315 * 1.5 = 472.5.

Add them up and it gives you 519.75, so this would have got you to: 1041.75.

Clearly I'm wrong since this isn't what you got. But perhaps your own production per turn is added to this to get you to 1057. Was your production +15 after modifiers?

Clearly I'm wrong since this isn't what you got. But perhaps your own production per turn is added to this to get you to 1057.
That was first instinct too.
Using a great engineer, like chopping, instantly adds to the production during the turn, so there should not be any other production per turn.
A few things are possible - he could have other production multipliers on his city, which impact the efficiency of this. I think also that these wonder cards used to have a really weird interaction with autocracy's bonus and wonders themselves (i think the cards used to have the wonders hard coded in as a list instead of just boost anything tagged as a wonder.)

Empirically, he is getting something really really close to 472.5*(1.15*0.9), or the 15% bonus is 10% less effective but not the base amount. I think this could come about if the city has negative amenities and the equation exempts the raw GE production but not the gothic boost portion. It's also possible the city has other bonuses that add up to some number that gets to 1057 but one of the boosts isn't counted right or something.
@Ansive, can you post an image of the city when this is happening? (hovering over the production so we can see the break down)

I did some more tests.

City production does not matter at the time you use the engineer. Tried with all production tiles assigned and then with all food assigned. Same production gained from engineer.
Happiness probably does not matter, I had +3 amenities, so 10% bonus.
Wonder Policy does matter. City gains more when the policy is slotted.
City you use it in does not matter (in older games the population of the city provided a bonus)

What I actually noticed is that the base yield of the engineer is not what the game advertises. (on epic speedat least)
I removed the 15% wonder bonus policy to test:

(isidore of miletus)
expected 322.5
actual 314

(filippo brunelleschi)
expected 472.5
actual 460

Assuming these yields are correct, 314 and 460. I also tried with the 15% bonus policy:
(isidore of miletus)
base yield 314
expected 15% wonder 361
actual 15% wonder 363 (2 production bonus)

(filippo brunelleschi)
base yield 460
expected 15% wonder 529
actual 15% wonder 532 (3 production bonus)

So to sum up. Base engineer yield is 2.7% lower than advertised. Wonder policy bonus works on that base yield. (gothic architecture at least, the classic era one corvee is bugged and gives 30% instead of 15%)

I did some more tests.

City production does not matter at the time you use the engineer. Tried with all production tiles assigned and then with all food assigned. Same production gained from engineer.
Happiness probably does not matter, I had +3 amenities, so 10% bonus.
Wonder Policy does matter. City gains more when the policy is slotted.
City you use it in does not matter (in older games the population of the city provided a bonus)

What I actually noticed is that the base yield of the engineer is not what the game advertises. (on epic speedat least)
I removed the 15% wonder bonus policy to test:

(isidore of miletus)
expected 322.5
actual 314

(filippo brunelleschi)
expected 472.5
actual 460

Assuming these yields are correct, 314 and 460. I also tried with the 15% bonus policy:
(isidore of miletus)
base yield 314
expected 15% wonder 361
actual 15% wonder 363 (2 production bonus)

(filippo brunelleschi)
base yield 460
expected 15% wonder 529
actual 15% wonder 532 (3 production bonus)

So to sum up. Base engineer yield is 2.7% lower than advertised. Wonder policy bonus works on that base yield. (gothic architecture at least, the classic era one corvee is bugged and gives 30% instead of 15%)

The 2.7% seems really strange. I guess its sth. related with game speed. Does this bug occur on normal speed?

Top Bottom