Great People Female Versions

Awesome!!
This means we are only missing the Prophet and General from a full set :)
Any ideas/plans on those?

Because I found it a bit asymmetric to have the ancient merchant be accomplished by a camel while the modern one stands alone I gave her a nice Ford Mustang. And because it would look rather silly to have her walk somewhere while the car drives behind her

:lol:

Really a cool idea, easy, distinct, unique :cool:.

Yeah! That's some nice work again. She really looks like a super capitalist that modern one. Haha! Actually, she makes me feel the urge to make a modern mod, just to get to use her. But since that won't happen in the near future, she will have to stay in my own personal Civilization for now. She's really quite something.

Thanks everybody!

This means we are only missing the Prophet and General from a full set :)
Any ideas/plans on those?

I think I know now what I'll do for the Generals, thanks to the discussions in this forum (modern one starts at entry #24, the medieval at #75. For the ancient one I'm planning to take greek and roman armed goddesses as blueprint). For the Prophet I still don't have any great idea. The main problem here is that the unit has to work for all possible religions. I guess I'll make a direct female copy of the male Prophet (plain coat and staff).

I agree with The J in the sense that I think you could draw inspiration for the female prophet from religions that are now dead and gone. Like the Greek or Roman religions or possibly Egyptian. That would indeed make them at least seem neutral as opposed to having contemporary religious inspirations like Christian- or Islamic-looking prophets.

Or why not something biblical-looking? The Old Testament is in any case a Holy Book in three major religions. Or a Catholic Nun. It wouldn't perhaps be religiously neutral, but I think it'd work OK, maybe even for the modern one.

I have to think about the modern prophet still, but I'll post any ideas. It might just help.

I definitely think you should go with an ancient Greek or Indian looking prophet for the ancient-era, and if you wanted to go with something specific for the modern-era perhaps Mother Theresa?

:think: Will have to look into the goddess images available, maybe I'll find something that fits.
There is no male modern Prophet, so I guess I won't make a female one either. But don't worry, there are still seven religions that all need a female Missionary. :D

Nice! Will you make Missionaries too? I'm in the market for some neutral-looking, possibly medieval nun-type missionaries.

Okay, the next two great people are finished, the Prophet and the Ancient General:
Spoiler :

Now that almost all female great people are finish it's time for collecting names for them. So, if anybody has some suggestion I would be happy to hear them. :)

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14673

Oh yes. These two are definitely some of your best ones yet. I have open slots for both of these!

Names? How do you mean? Like just female names for each unit? The modern spy is a clear Madeleine in any case. She's my favourite, as you might have guessed. :)

Oh yes. These two are definitely some of your best ones yet. I have open slots for both of these!

Names? How do you mean? Like just female names for each unit? The modern spy is a clear Madeleine in any case. She's my favourite, as you might have guessed. :)

I'm glad you like them. :)
With names I mean female counterparts to the unique names of the normal great people (like Einstein, Shakespeare and so on).

Ah, again some nice and unique units, great :goodjob:.
The "greek war goddess" design is a nice idea :).

...uff...names...
Great general...besides Joanne D'Arc (or however it's written in english) i can't really imagine any real person who could fit on it. Only greek or roman goddesses come to my mind.

Prophets the same. Mother Theresa...hhmm...this girl from Lourdes...and Pandorra maybe?

I have some ideas for names for great females for you.

Nikita (Modern Great Spy)- A jailbird trained as a female Assassin from Movie Folklore (European).
Jinx (Modern Great Spy)- Halle Berry in James Bond Die Another Day (CIA).
Wai Lin (Modern Great Spy)- Tomorrow Never Dies (China)
Elektra King (Modern Great Spy)- Live and Let Die (US)

Boudica (Ancient/Medieval Great General)- Celtic War Queen.

Ah! Maybe you could take the name for the Great Modern Spy from popular culture. Like Dana Scully or something like that.

The Great Prophet should be Therese de Lisieux. Your Great prophet even looks a tad like her. I'm saying that because the Swedish swimsuit model I'm living together with is also a Catholic and she would probably recommend that name (and she's going to be so happy with me for recommending it). As for making the name neutral in the religious aspects as well, it might be hard. Therese de Lisieux shouldn't offend anyone though.

As for the Great General, why not Boudica, as Healz recommends, or Zenobia? Zenobia was a successful Palmyrean queen who fought the Romans. Your character would fit rather well for Zenobia too!

Ah, again some nice and unique units, great :goodjob:.
The "greek war goddess" design is a nice idea :).

...uff...names...
Great general...besides Joanne D'Arc (or however it's written in english) i can't really imagine any real person who could fit on it. Only greek or roman goddesses come to my mind.

Prophets the same. Mother Theresa...hhmm...this girl from Lourdes...and Pandorra maybe?

Thanks, she is based on Athena (thus the owl on her shield). With being the goddess of wisdom, strength and strategy she does fit quite well. I however took the liberty to put more armor on her than she is normally displayed with. Looks more shiny this way. :D
Maybe I should look into greek and roman mythology a bit for names. Cassandra for example is one name that comes to mind for a prophet.

I have some ideas for names for great females for you.

Nikita (Modern Great Spy)- A jailbird trained as a female Assassin from Movie Folklore (European).
Jinx (Modern Great Spy)- Halle Berry in James Bond Die Another Day (CIA).
Wai Lin (Modern Great Spy)- Tomorrow Never Dies (China)
Elektra King (Modern Great Spy)- Live and Let Die (US)

Boudica (Ancient/Medieval Great General)- Celtic War Queen.

Nice idea with the modern spy names from movies. I guess this could work out, at least I could fill the list with them if not enough 'real' names come together.
Boudica would be a good choice, but she is already a leader in Civ4. I don't think she should be in the game twice.

Ah! Maybe you could take the name for the Great Modern Spy from popular culture. Like Dana Scully or something like that.

The Great Prophet should be Therese de Lisieux. Your Great prophet even looks a tad like her. I'm saying that because the Swedish swimsuit model I'm living together with is also a Catholic and she would probably recommend that name (and she's going to be so happy with me for recommending it). As for making the name neutral in the religious aspects as well, it might be hard. Therese de Lisieux shouldn't offend anyone though.

As for the Great General, why not Boudica, as Healz recommends, or Zenobia? Zenobia was a successful Palmyrean queen who fought the Romans. Your character would fit rather well for Zenobia too!

Well, if it makes your Swedish swimsuit model happy, who am I to speak against it. :)
The names don't have to be religious or ethnic neutral, the male ones aren't, too.
I think there were a lot of queens who fought against the Romans, I'll have to look into that. Also I think there was at least one female general in the Persian army when they fought against the greek.

Top Bottom