Group F - World Cup 2010

woooo!

Slovakia goal!

That's the end of the eye-talians!

That was a pretty goal by Italy.

Two minutes to go.

Humiliation!

:lol:

Hard luck NZ. Watched the end of the Italy game. The last 2 mins were a little boring as it was three different Slovakia players pretending to be injured. Shame to see Italy go out.

I'm sure the Netherlands are secretly celebrating.

New Zealand is out of the world cup. But we didn't lose a game, we could have won the italy game.

Better result than anyone would have expected before the world cup. :( Four more years eh boys?

Italy started playing well when they were 2-0 down. They know how to play the game, why didn't they do it for 2 3/4 matches?

Slovakia fought bravely but their goalie should have been sent off and one of the Slovaks was lucky only to get a yellow card in the first half. They probably also hold the record for time wasting through faking injuries now. :lol:

Italy go diving to the bottom of their group and out of the World Cup!

In the other game, NZ again stand tall. They might not have qualified, but they finish undefeated and damn proud. Paston is pretty awesome. Really great to see them do okay, and since they'll make most World Cups in the future by default, maybe this can serve as the base for future expansion of the game's base there.

Maybe in the future they'll have more than 25 professional players in the entire country.

Well New Zealand and Australia are gone. Im offically supporting England, the united states and argentina. (in that order)

Italy started playing well when they were 2-0 down. They know how to play the game, why didn't they do it for 2 3/4 matches?

I agree. I believe is mostly a problem with Lippi's decisions, as with the attitude of the Italian players... maybe they thought they could play like crap and still go through?

Italy looked capable but only once they were staring at defeat!

Oh and what was that fight in the goal-mouth about? Looked like the Slovakian keeper punched someone, and if so, surely that's a red not a yellow card?

The ITV commentators are such morons. :lol:

Totally agreed; throughout the tournament they have not failed to impress with their lack of knowledge and general blunders. Yesterday they said that Germany had won the cup twice, and they got the group permutations wrong. In commenting on the 24th game they said it was the 25th. They abbreviate Netherlands as HOL, for an obvious but stupid reason. Etc.

Slovakia fought bravely but their goalie should have been sent off

For what? Maybe I missed something, but the Italian player charges into the net, and starts clawing at his face, trying to get the ball out of his hands. He pushed the Italian away, who with typical gusto immediately fell backwards. Not sure where the Slovak did wrong -- aren't goalies supposed to be protected?

Top Bottom