Handwriting

Rambuchan said:
What is the art of reading people's personalities through their handwriting called again? Anyone know about this?

I shudder to think what an expert would dedeuce from my chicken-scratching. They'd probably have a straight-jacket waiting for me...

I am left handed. So, Does the graphology thingy go opposite in my case? I mean, If a tail of a letter going backwards means one thing for right handed, does it mean the opposite for left handed?

i have never believe that graphology thing anyway, it sounds like astrology to me. And the main reason is because I had to change my handwritting when I went to the university. Classes were given at a very high pace and I couldn´t took notes fast enough using my classical handwritting, so I had to remove some unnesserary tails and ornaments. My els, for example, are just sticks. I used to write them like a baseball bat with a tail, but now they are just sticks. It is not that my personality changed, It is just that I had to adapt my handwritting.

I almost never handwrite anything.

If I do, I cannot read it afterward....

So for business, I :
1- Use my laptop to take not (anyway, I type as fast as I write)
2- Use my memory, which fortunately still works quite well, and I often remember things from meeting that people who take notes forget.

I keep a diary, and for years i wrote it on blue notebooks. But since 8 months ago i type it on the pc. It is a lot easier to type than write, sadly, and you can write a lot more stuff by typing them that by using pens/pencils etc. Also it is clearly vastly easier to edit a typed text than a written down one, and finally printing the text (which is very important in my case) would always require first typing it anyway.
That said i miss some of the special feel of using a black pen to write :(

I packed my printer for college, but this is similar to how I write.

Attachments

• hw.jpg
    hw.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 128
Rambuchan said:
What is the art of reading people's personalities through their handwriting called again? Anyone know about this?

Some call it graphology. I refer to it as bullsh*t. :p

Anyway, I'll probably hand-write something on my Tablet this night and post here.

Regards :).

Edit: Oh, by the way, this is graphology, according to the Skeptics Dictionary.

@ All those you posted their handwriting: Thanks, makes it interesting :)

@ Stinkbombed: Yes you fell into my trap perfectly, now we have you in the bag. Expect a knock from one of our operatives around 3am. :scan:

@ Fred: Kindly refrain from using such language, I'm so easily offended you know ;).

Re: Graphology: It is pseudo-BS. I think there is a fair bit of worth in it. But most of that is obvious really. I used to read a lot about this, maybe I will come up with some comments on my handwriting or other people's if they don't mind.
Skeptic's Dictionary said:
Graphology is another pipe dream of those who want a quick and dirty decision making process to tell them who to marry, who did the crime, who they should hire, what career they should seek, where the good hunting is, where the water, oil, or buried treasure is, etc.
This is true. Graphology is only as whack as its application.

Ok, this is what we can tell about Ram based on his handwriting.
He has a sociable, outgoing personality. He is intelligent and open to new experiences.
He is lead in his life choices more by his heart than his head though.
Some inconsitency in his life choices, as in no clear path to follow.
His sexuality and sexual feelings are very strong and more important to him than high moral values.

Or can we? ;)

That's pretty good Mathilda, although not totally on the mark. Is it possible for you to share which bits led you to those conclusions?

EG. I think your third comment "no clear path to follow" is quite true atm and I have noticed that my handwriting has changed since moving into a career I never had my heart on (just confirmed another point of yours there). It has grown more untidy and I take less pride in it. Handwriting has become more functional than a matter of pride.

I hated learning cursive writing in school, I am a lefty and it just didn't feel natural to put the loops just so, etc. At one point they even insisted that I learn to write with my right hand -- a totally unnecessary and unhelpful innovation. :( For me it symbolized the forced conformity and oppression of our school's attempt to mold us all into uniform little worker bees. Later on I developed a combined cursive / print script that I can produce fairly quickly and legibly. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner here to show it.

@ Bigfoot: My dad was a lefty but they beat his left hand in school so that he could not write with it. I still can't get over that, quite shocking. Thing is it backfired massively because he is now pretty much ambidextrous :lol:

Ok Ram, only the last point was based on your handwriting, a vague memory from fifteen years ago from a magazine article I read about a lot of stuff below the line -> sexuality, a lot of stuff high up and at the top -> high morals. Everything else was just based on what I know about you anyway. As in what I've read on these forums.
Dissapointing? I think it just illustrates the point about you can't really tell much from the handwriting.

So let me just get this straight Mathilda:
He has a sociable, outgoing personality. He is intelligent and open to new experiences.
Fair enough :smug:. It is clearly apparent :cool:.
He is lead in his life choices more by his heart than his head though.
Yup, although there is often a tension. This is apparent too I reckon.
Some inconsitency in his life choices, as in no clear path to follow.
How did you get this? From the Public Profile?

And this is the only one from the handwriting?
His sexuality and sexual feelings are very strong and more important to him than high moral values.
Hmm, I don't really know how to react to this. I think you're right on the first part but I also think, as demonstrated in many other posts and threads of mine, that I do try to follow a high level of morals and stay true my conscience. Strangely, according to the theory you read, I should have some flamboyant expressions in the upper section of my writing. Well it ain't there honey :lol:

Conclusion: Graphology is whack.

The sexuality / morals stuff was the only thing that had any connection to handwriting and the only one that went wrong :)
Conclusion correct.

How did you get this? From the Public Profile?
No, I haven't looked at your public profile.
Always simpler than you imagine, just thought about the varied jobs you've done. The film industry and your current financial career are quite far from eachother on the creative scale. Hence the path stuff.

Rambuchan said:
@ Bigfoot: My dad was a lefty but they beat his left hand in school so that he could not write with it. I still can't get over that, quite shocking. Thing is it backfired massively because he is now pretty much ambidextrous :lol:

Ram, that is really rotten. I can golf and hit a baseball right-handed, although I prefer my left. But I don't think it has anything to do with my experiences learning cursive.

BTW, I agree that handwriting analysis is an unreliable indicator of personality, although perhaps some insights can be derived. An astute observer can gain insights into another's personality through a wide variety of clues (dress, posture, mannerisms, speech patterns, habits, etc.). Psychics and charlatans have long relied on such observations to fleece the saps who come to them for advice.

Handwriting hahaha, every year I have a problem with turning in my first assignments because it is so crapy my teachers think I am trying to pass off not doing the work and just scribbled on the paper. Then I write down stuff and show them how bad my writing is. My language teachers insist anything I write for papers even the Rough drafts be typed.

Insane isnt it.

Top Bottom