Has Twitter become better or worse since Musk controlled it?

If Musk ends up controlling Twitter, that would make Twitter:

• better

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • worse

Votes: 71 74.0%

• Total voters
The fog of war I can understand, because in real-life you don't have that level of intelligence about your opposition, but unless you're a deathless god-king tech trees have no real-world parallel in the short span of a single human life.

(But then Musk is the sort of genius who also gave us this:

View attachment 684422

Silly answer to somewhat interesting question.

Focus on political reform and economy probably the best what if.

I would simply build more temples to the gods
Spoiler :

images (5) (3).jpeg

It's the "useful in real life" that seems odd to me. Who expects any game to be that?

Some people do. Just off the top of my head - pilots and racers use sim games for procedure training and entertainment.

Civ explains visually rather well how economy, politics and culture intertwine, I am not surprised some find it more useful for understanding irl processes than chess. Chess can be insightful too. It teaches to always prepare well before big attack, and to never neglect the defence, even within completely winning positions. Useful concepts. Personally, I found many interesting parallels with life, while playing chess. Musk doesn't seem to know this or care. Overall, chess is way more abstract, it can be seen as less useful for understanding complex power dynamics.

A teacher experienced in civ can use the game to demonstrate economic process. Or a historical one. I've heard of one.

I am also one of those people, who is drawn towards more complex realistic simulators when it comes right down to it. Sometimes they open up venues, which are simply not available in games of old.

"Do we really need to build so many shrines to Ceres, O Caesar?"

"Can't you see I'm focusing on the economy?"

(In Caesar III, making Ceres happy grants bountiful harvests in your farms)

Ah haven't played CaesarIII. Didn't get tge references sorry.

Economy broke in Rone duets political instability. Broken army and broken infrastructure.

"Do we really need to build so many shrines to Ceres, O Caesar?"

"Can't you see I'm focusing on the economy?"

(In Caesar III, making Ceres happy grants bountiful harvests in your farms)
But really you just love Ceres. I like your style.

I'd focus on political reforms too, appointing imperial candidates by merit rather than blood, and slimming down (prior to marginalising) the Praetorian Guard.

I'd focus on political reforms too, appointing imperial candidates by merit rather than blood, and slimming down (prior to marginalising) the Praetorian Guard.

Well stable succession rules would be part of political reform.

Meritocracy in Rome became general with power to seize it can be Emperor.

One thing at a time. :)

I'm certainly not vain enough to believe that I can resurrect Great Man Theory by simply being in the right place at the right time.

Some people do. Just off the top of my head - pilots and racers use sim games for procedure training and entertainment.

Civ explains visually rather well how economy, politics and culture intertwine, I am not surprised some find it more useful for understanding irl processes than chess. Chess can be insightful too. It teaches to always prepare well before big attack, and to never neglect the defence, even within completely winning positions. Useful concepts. Personally, I found many interesting parallels with life, while playing chess. Musk doesn't seem to know this or care. Overall, chess is way more abstract, it can be seen as less useful for understanding complex power dynamics.

A teacher experienced in civ can use the game to demonstrate economic process. Or a historical one. I've heard of one.

I am also one of those people, who is drawn towards more complex realistic simulators when it comes right down to it. Sometimes they open up venues, which are simply not available in games of old.
Yeah, fine.

Answer to Daily Roman Upd: Go add Germania to the salmon colored territories.

It's the "useful in real life" that seems odd to me. Who expects any game to be that?
Strategy games teach you that the most devious [censored] with the most money and the biggest penis-substitute is a winner.
Would you recommend playing these Caesar games?
There might be parallels and abstractions between board games, digital or physical, and Real Life™, but it's clear that Melon Husk, as you say, can't know or care less.

Too bad the villas ran out of furniture and devolved because the workshops burned down because a prefect got lost. Then your tax income tanked and you ran out of money and your whole city collapsed.

I would. I've only played Caesar III, but I've heard people refer to it as the gold standard in city-building games
You spelled Pharaoh wrong.

Strategy games teach you that the most devious [censored] with the most money and the biggest penis-substitute is a winner.
Ok. But that's not terribly useful.

^I haven't played Caesar, but Pharaoh was nice. It recently got a remake - though it was too close to the original to make a dent afaik ( @Arakhor ).
Musk is cloud-capital anyway, not a traditional capitalist. Which is why he cares more about having web exposure and dreams of being a primary web-space rentor.
Still not as prominent as the main US names there (Bezzos and Zuck), let alone the Chinese cloud.

Pharaoh was my favourite city-builder, and the remake seems to be just that- a remake with modernised graphics and a couple of extra controls.

Top Bottom