Have your ever cheated on your Wife/husband/GF/BF ect?

Have you ever cheated?

• Yes

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • If i only had one :(

Votes: 27 28.1%
  • Abstain/ RM/ CN...

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder how many of you 'oh so moral' people would react if the oppurtunity actually presented itself.....

i.e. the situation I was in where the girl was actually aksing me to have sex with her in an oh so attractive way, with me being drunk....

Yes, I was weak and I ain't proud but i'm not naive either.....

Before i was dating my current girlfriend, all of my friends who were girls were just friends, now that im with her, they all want to date me....it has presented itself.

Cheated, and been cheated on. The two are not necessarily related.

No. A Norwegian model threw herself at me last week and I still said no. Should I be proud or ashamed? :crazyeye:

No. A Norwegian model threw herself at me last week and I still said no. Should I be proud or ashamed? :crazyeye:

First i will think, ok, is she safe ? any STD ?? Do i know her well enough ?? If i know her well enough, will she backstab me ? or blackmail me in the future ? What if there are camera in the room ?? :O
Then i got to think if she will get emotional ? Am i serious to commit if she suddenly becomes crazy ? what if she start telling everyone she slept with me?? Did she know my GF ?? lol

Awww... she left...

I wonder how many of you 'oh so moral' people would react if the oppurtunity actually presented itself.....
So, you're asking us if we'd have enough self-control to not engage in sexual intercourse with a person that isn't our partner?

Or is it that you can't come to terms with the fact that you betrayed the trust of somebody that you supposedly cared for?

Nah.I find it silly to call some dude a "spineless prick" or a woman a "conniving slut" since it is wrong for me to make a contemptuous statement of another based on an ethical belief(the principle of monogamy).:)
it's not about a belief, it's about trust and honesty. I have no problem at all if people want to have sex with multiple partners, open relationships, friends with benefits, etc. What I do object to is pretend to be in a monogamous relationship, basically lieing to your significant other, cheating his/her trust, while sleeping with someone else.

If you don't want monogamy, fine by me, but don't go pretending you do then.

So, you're asking us if we'd have enough self-control to not engage in sexual intercourse with a person that isn't our partner?

Or is it that you can't come to terms with the fact that you betrayed the trust of somebody that you supposedly cared for?
My remarks were aimed at people who are looking down upon those who have cheated.

My remarks were aimed at people who are looking down upon those who have cheated.
well, as far as I'm concerned there's two type of cheating. there's the youth/hormone/heat-of-the-moment kind of thing where people might do something they'll regret later. While I do think it's wrong, it's understandable that it does happen sometimes.

There's however the other type of cheater (the kind CartesianFart implied to be, pardon me if I misunderstood that), that believe there's nothing wrong with cheating on your 'loved' one and do it almost regularly. And yes, I really do look down on that kind of person.

well, as far as I'm concerned there's two type of cheating. there's the youth/hormone/heat-of-the-moment kind of thing where people might do something they'll regret later. While I do think it's wrong, it's understandable that it does happen sometimes.

There's however the other type of cheater (the kind CartesianFart implied to be, pardon me if I misunderstood that), that believe there's nothing wrong with cheating on your 'loved' one and do it almost regularly. And yes, I really do look down on that kind of person.
I'm reffering to the first of those.

I'm reffering to the first of those.
as I said, I'm determined to never let that happen to me, but being human you can never be 100% sure of that. I'd probably not be able to carry on with a relationship with someone who did this to me, but at least it would be possible to part as friends. something that most definately wouldn't be possible with the 2nd type of cheating going on.

it's not about a belief, it's about trust and honesty. I have no problem at all if people want to have sex with multiple partners, open relationships, friends with benefits, etc. What I do object to is pretend to be in a monogamous relationship, basically lieing to your significant other, cheating his/her trust, while sleeping with someone else.

If you don't want monogamy, fine by me, but don't go pretending you do then.
I agree with you that being honest with another person who also share that level of trust by way of maintaining loyalty on the principle of monogamy as criteria to cultivate ones' character but as I have said:It is not cheating unless you are caught.

This is I am afraid is only for people who don't see the application of monogamy all the time (living by the moment,i guess) and have a sense of knowing that it is futile to limit oneself to one partner but it is too late because the verbal or whatever contract is already made;therefore,I think,is the reason why the person that is doing the deception of another because they want to keep the contract of monogamy but also to continue to sleeping with someone else.It never work all the time unless your job description require travelling far distances or other contingent factors such as having a enfeebled and naive spouse.

It is not cheating unless you are caught.
it sure as hell is...

This is I am afraid is only for people who don't see the application of monogamy all the time (living by the moment,i guess) and have a sense of knowing that it is futile to limit oneself to one partner but it is too late because the verbal or whatever contract is already made;therefore,I think,is the reason why the person that is doing the deception of another because they want to keep the contract of monogamy but also to continue to sleeping with someone else.It never work all the time unless your job description require travelling far distances or other contingent factors such as having a enfeebled and naive spouse.
that paragraph is far to labyrinthine for me, sorry, I don't follow.
But no, I don't see why it should be futile to limit yourself ot one partner, but if that's what you want, then you should stay the hell away from monogamous relationships.

To me, it is simple. One needs to determine with one's partner beforehand what sort of relationship it is going to be; if your partner is expecting monogamy, and you are having sex with other people, it is cheating. Fairly simple to me. If you think you are incapable of this, you need to find another kind of relationship.

Ok:To define what is cheating- One is caught then the reality of the situation brings a strife in the relationship that consist of one who did not cheat and the other did.It is what you call being caught of cheating when one discovered the truth of the other of breaking the principle of monogamy.

Second:To define what is not cheating-One decieve the other of not maintaining the mutual agreement of the principle of monogamy but does not get caught.It is what you call not cheating since it has not been discovered by the person who is the recipient of the deception.

Ok:To define what is cheating- One is caught then the reality of the situation brings a strife in the relationship that consist of one who did not cheat and the other did.It is what you call being caught of cheating when one discovered the truth of the other of breaking the principle of monogamy.

Second:To define what is not cheating-One decieve the other of not maintaining the mutual agreement of the principle of monogamy but does not get caught.It is what you call not cheating since it has not been discovered by the person who is the recipient of the deception.

you have a strange grasp of what's right or wrong for sure....so if I kill somebody but am not caught, I didn't do it?

Both situations you stated sure are cheating by any sensible definition. The only way when sleeping with somebody else is not cheating is when you agree to allow this in your relationship beforehand...(basically what Eran said).

Top Bottom