Health and Wellness Thread ... or How Are You Feeling?

I accidentally ate some onions and spent most of the day in the bathroom. :(

Just now I have this low frequency humming sound in my right ear . At first I thought those were the fans humming from my PC but that's not the case. It is as peculiar as it is irritating. The humming stops when I hear the sound of rushing water or when I close my ear completely with a finger. I have absolutely no idea what it might be. Maybe someone experienced something similar ?
Sounds like tinnitus to me (no pun intended.)

Agreed, that sounds like tinnitus and you will have to get used to it if it is. :sad:

I just woke up and it's gone for now. I hope it will not get worse.

Oh dear, that's so annoying. Maybe you have something irritating your eye? I hope it doesn't bother you too much, and for too long.
When it started I assumed it was the air pollution because Wikipedia says that is a thing but the pollution has mostly subsided now.

My left eye lid has been twitching like crazy all of a sudden. :(

Oh I got that once or twice. Eye lid twitching might be a sing that Your system lacks Magnesium (I got that when I drink too much coffee, beer or soda). Apart from taking it in tablets You might try beans, bananas, cocoa (real of course ;) ), spinach or pumpkin seeds. Hope it helps.

Oh I got that once or twice. Eye lid twitching might be a sing that Your system lacks Magnesium (I got that when I drink too much coffee, beer or soda). Apart from taking it in tablets You might try beans, bananas, cocoa (real of course ;) ), spinach or pumpkin seeds. Hope it helps.

actually really sound advice. also, eating more bananas practically never hurts unless you're fructose-intolerant :D

Confound it ! The infernal humming came back. I was fine until about 7 P.M than the "power transformer" humming in my left ear again :cry: I think I'm gonna have to see the doc about this. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Psychiatrist visit went well enough. I don’t think I forgot to mention anything, seems there’s been not a whole lot of worsening of my condition which is good!

I have however become more irritable and obstinate at work and I don’t really care. Based on how they do things—half-(donkey)ed, haphazard, focusing exclusively on matters of trivial importance—why should I? I’m willing to meet halfway; show the slightest bit of competence and I’ll be less combative.

I think I’m a lot less combative here on OT than I was before. I suppose once real life gets in the way, the zealotry of politics gets worn out quickly. :)

Confound it ! The infernal humming came back. I was fine until about 7 P.M than the "power transformer" humming in my left ear again :cry: I think I'm gonna have to see the doc about this. Hope it's nothing too serious.

It switched ears?

I have something very similar. Been going on for the best part of a year now. Just assumed it was tinnitus and I couldn't do anything about it.

@AdamCrock have you seen your doctor yet?

Nope I haven't been yet.

I have something very similar. Been going on for the best part of a year now. Just assumed it was tinnitus and I couldn't do anything about it.

Did You have a specific method to dealing with it ? For me some sounds make it go away (like rushing water) , when I move my head fast or close my ear it goes away too. Most of the time however I try to ignore it (it's not terribly bad, just annoying at times)

I had to have gum surgery last week and I'm going in today to check whether my gums are infected. Fun stuff!

Did You have a specific method to dealing with it ? For me some sounds make it go away (like rushing water) , when I move my head fast or close my ear it goes away too. Most of the time however I try to ignore it (it's not terribly bad, just annoying at times)

It pretty much coincided with the purchase of some new earphones and at first I only noticed it after I turned off music I was listening to through them. For a long time I thought it was some electrical hum they were making and didn't bother about it. Was a long time before I noticed it persisting when I wasn't wearing them, but it always seemed to be worse right after listening to music and then going back to silence. Haven't noticed it so much lately, but I don't know if it's better or I'm just filtering it out.

I've had a persistent ring in my other ear since a particularly loud gig in my early 20s anyway, so that's probably trained me to just accept these things and move on. But the new one is weird and intermittent and if it's wax-related maybe I can actually do something about it.

Top Bottom