Heretic_Cata's All in One Mod - Expansion

Nice to see that my work is actually used for something. :D
I also use your Hwaseong Fortress as the Koreean Changsmthing palace. :D

I also forgot to put you and Spacer One in the credits post. :blush:
haha thanks H_C, sorry to be so over-eager... i just had to prove to my parents and friends that i hadnt been doing nothing over the past week
:lol: :lol:

All right i finished fiddling with the map.
I enlarged the Galapagos & Easter Islands - a cornucopia is now also in Galapagos.
Some fertile soil here and there.
Radioactive wastes in several places. :D
Haunted Ruins sprinkled in a lot of places.
More Oil Spills also put.
I might have done some other stuff.

As you can see i had fun puting more negative resources. :D

One thing tho, where do the aztecs start ?

Here it is. I also put it in the first post. :)

Now everyone complement King Coltrane for it. :p

Hey Heretic!! :cool:

Remember me from the Forts conversation about adding the wheeled tag to my RnR mod, etc.??

Well, I took the easy way out and DL'd your mod instead or doing all the work myself. :lol:

So far, it looks really cool :cool:

I had to wait in line for it for about 10 minutes, but then it only took about 10 minutes to DL and about 5 minutes to unpack and install.

However, considering I was stopping to read all the intros/pedia entries for everything (as suggested :lol: ), I only got about 15 turns into the game, so can't really comment on how everything meshes. But I do plan on playing as soon as I can (hopefully tonight, depending on schedule later in the day). It is sort of like getting a completely new game, since every time I uncover an unrecognized resource, I have to stop to read about it. I also will have to start a new game tonight, since I made the mistake of asking my local neighbor Egypt to get out or declare when they were crossing my lands with a settler/warrior. Unfortunately, I didn't really think about it, as I had just founded my 2nd city and only had 4 warriors altogether, and 2 were out scouting :blush: . Of course, instead of, just saying "ok, we'll be gone shortly", they actually declared war!!! :mad: what nerve!! :lol: I think I'll have to turn off preserve random # thing so I can learn as I play without it being a game ender.

Gotta get back to work for now, but thanks for the great mod so far :king:

Hey Heretic!! :cool:

Remember me from the Forts conversation about adding the wheeled tag to my RnR mod, etc.??
I remember that - i had an emotional moment then. *whipes tear*

Well, I took the easy way out and DL'd your mod instead or doing all the work myself. :lol:
:lol: It is rather time-consuming. And RnR has a lot more units than my mod - so more work. :D

So far, it looks really cool :cool:
Thank you :worship: :goodjob: I'm glad you like it. :bounce:

I had to wait in line for it for about 10 minutes, but then it only took about 10 minutes to DL and about 5 minutes to unpack and install.

However, considering I was stopping to read all the intros/pedia entries for everything (as suggested :lol: ), I only got about 15 turns into the game, so can't really comment on how everything meshes.
It's a good thing you're reading all the entries. :yup: Not many do and they miss out some great oportunities. I, for one, LOVE the Temple of Artemis and the Oracle now. :D
But I do plan on playing as soon as I can (hopefully tonight, depending on schedule later in the day). It is sort of like getting a completely new game, since every time I uncover an unrecognized resource, I have to stop to read about it. I also will have to start a new game tonight, since I made the mistake of asking my local neighbor Egypt to get out or declare when they were crossing my lands with a settler/warrior. Unfortunately, I didn't really think about it, as I had just founded my 2nd city and only had 4 warriors altogether, and 2 were out scouting :blush: . Of course, instead of, just saying "ok, we'll be gone shortly", they actually declared war!!! :mad: what nerve!! :lol: I think I'll have to turn off preserve random # thing so I can learn as I play without it being a game ender.
I do that too. :blush: I never preserve the random seed so i can load whenever something very bad happens.

H_C i find it interesting that Murfgator said that Egypt was so aggressive in his game, because i found that in EVERY game i played Egypt was the dominant civ (especially if i was Egypt). You may want to lower their aggressiveness ( i dont remember what it is set at and i dont have Civ where i am at school and cant check)

Also, the Aztecs should have been placed in central Mexico, in the Mexico City region i think.

(just a side note, i find that the Ottoman starting location in Turkestan that has mountains on either side and both the mosque and the buddhist shrine is really cool and works well! they get very powerful and i actually have seen them expand into Anatolia and take out the Hittites! now if only the mongols would expand and take them out in turn (up to a point) but yeah, im so honored to have contributed to the mod. ill keep offering feedback as much as possible without my game or even editor)

H_C i find it interesting that Murfgator said that Egypt was so aggressive in his game, because i found that in EVERY game i played Egypt was the dominant civ (especially if i was Egypt). You may want to lower their aggressiveness ( i dont remember what it is set at and i dont have Civ where i am at school and cant check)

Also, the Aztecs should have been placed in central Mexico, in the Mexico City region i think.

(just a side note, i find that the Ottoman starting location in Turkestan that has mountains on either side and both the mosque and the buddhist shrine is really cool and works well! they get very powerful and i actually have seen them expand into Anatolia and take out the Hittites! now if only the mongols would expand and take them out in turn (up to a point) but yeah, im so honored to have contributed to the mod. ill keep offering feedback as much as possible without my game or even editor)
I started playing a game on your world map. And so far ... it's a MADHOUSE. :lol: :goodjob:
I started a random civ - China. I had HUGE problems with the neighbouring barbarian camps when they started spewing HorseArchers. Yay :goodjob:
It's really fun, i put all my effort in finishing the Great Library first, and now i'm getting techs like crazy. :D
Koreea has only 1 city so far, which is fairly accurate kinda. I doubt anyone would dare attack them tho, they built the Scavanger Camp, so it will be too much effort to capture it.
Yea Ottomans developed quite well in Central Asia.
Thank god the Mongols decided to expand to the north and west.
Almost all of the european civs have cities in russia. :lol:
Yea, Egypt started being an a$$hole ever since i met them. They kept making demands constantly so i eventually refused and got to war. Let's see her get to China anytime soon.
From across the ocean, America seems to be building a lot of wonders ... Did i mention i wanted to erase America from my mod entirely ? :mischief:

Fun game so far. :goodjob:

I'll lower Egypt's agressivness and put the Aztecs soon. :)

well im glad you are enjoying it! out of curiosity, what start position did you get as china? i have seen Korea have one city nearly every time i have played but as you said they get the scavenger camp every time, which works well for the balance of power in Asia.

Idont know if there is anything that can be done about the Euro-Russian problem, but to be honest, it isnt totally unrealistic, if you consider those cities to be the various principalities of Early Medieval Russia. I havent come up with a solution to that yet... but as far as mongolia goes, how far north and west are they expanding? in my experience they usually take western siberia (not too far north though) and mongolia as well as manchuria about half the time. maybe they need to be tweaked in some way to hate china... maybe making their least fav. government be Monarchy and have that be China's favorite, in this way it should work out nicely that they will be at war more.

Any other comments? i cant wait to d-load your version of the map when i get a chance, but until then please keep telling me stories about it so i can fantasize!

well im glad you are enjoying it! out of curiosity, what start position did you get as china? i have seen Korea have one city nearly every time i have played but as you said they get the scavenger camp every time, which works well for the balance of power in Asia.
The southernmost one - near the jungle.

Idont know if there is anything that can be done about the Euro-Russian problem, but to be honest, it isnt totally unrealistic, if you consider those cities to be the various principalities of Early Medieval Russia. I havent come up with a solution to that yet... but as far as mongolia goes, how far north and west are they expanding? in my experience they usually take western siberia (not too far north though) and mongolia as well as manchuria about half the time. maybe they need to be tweaked in some way to hate china... maybe making their least fav. government be Monarchy and have that be China's favorite, in this way it should work out nicely that they will be at war more.
It's not an issue that big. I don't mind it.
The fav/shunned gov doesn't work - the concept was abandoned but they forgot to erase it from the editor.
One thing does piss the ai off (at least theoretically) - if you have a lot of luxuries they are tempted to go to war.
Any other comments? i cant wait to d-load your version of the map when i get a chance, but until then please keep telling me stories about it so i can fantasize!
:lol:

Unfortunatley, i can't play anymore - i keep getting an error from the draw buffer, but that's expected from my video card when things get too crowded. The end turn times are about 10-20 seconds in the middle of the Middle Ages; so that's not a problem yet. :)

I had a quick spin around with the Germans (random choice ;)) the other day. I started in Berlin. It was pretty fun. I noticed that the Greeks(Athens) and Celts(Ireland) built a lot of wonders, and the Koreans- again- got that scavenger camp (them and their high-tech, futuristic technology :p). The Dutch went to war with me pretty quickly, which ended in me taking Amsterdam, and their mighty "Mausoleum of [strikethrough]MauWilliam). I then proceeded to obliterate the French(Paris start) (who got the Ottomans and their single mighty steppe city against me), and then laid waste to the Portuguese(Lisbon) accidentally destroying the Great Wall in the process to due bombardment!

All in all, it was pretty fun!

Okay Cata, I played my first game on your mod. I chose the Ottomans. It was very fun, right up to the point where hordes of Celts began pouring across my border. After it was definite that my military back was broken, I quit the game. Even with the Jomsvikings and Broadswordsmen being auto-produced, their Ancient Cavalry and Gallic Swordsmen just mopped the floor with me. I like the idea of each civ having an individual trait and religion, and the negative resources certainly make it interesting. The "wrath of God" stuff is very cool, too. All in all, had I not gotten curb-stomped so early, I'd have a very high opinion of your mod. It's very intricate and detailed, I love the graphics, and it's obvious you put a lot of time and thought into creating it. Once I cool down I think I'll give it another whirl.

Oh, and those mine graphics, cool as they are, keep confusing me because it looks like I've roaded under them when I haven't. :mad:

So I like you mod. :) Now go play mine. :) :)

I had a quick spin around with the Germans (random choice ;)) the other day. I started in Berlin. It was pretty fun. I noticed that the Greeks(Athens) and Celts(Ireland) built a lot of wonders, and the Koreans- again- got that scavenger camp (them and their high-tech, futuristic technology :p). The Dutch went to war with me pretty quickly, which ended in me taking Amsterdam, and their mighty "Mausoleum of MauWilliam). I then proceeded to obliterate the French(Paris start) (who got the Ottomans and their single mighty steppe city against me), and then laid waste to the Portuguese(Lisbon) accidentally destroying the Great Wall in the process to due bombardment!

All in all, it was pretty fun!
That's strange, the Celts were wusses in my game. They didn't build anything. The whole of europe were fighting over all wonders tho. The Ottomans expanded a lot in my game. :hmm:
I'm glad you had fun. :)
Okay Cata, I played my first game on your mod. I chose the Ottomans. It was very fun, right up to the point where hordes of Celts began pouring across my border. After it was definite that my military back was broken, I quit the game. Even with the Jomsvikings and Broadswordsmen being auto-produced, their Ancient Cavalry and Gallic Swordsmen just mopped the floor with me. I like the idea of each civ having an individual trait and religion, and the negative resources certainly make it interesting. The "wrath of God" stuff is very cool, too. All in all, had I not gotten curb-stomped so early, I'd have a very high opinion of your mod. It's very intricate and detailed, I love the graphics, and it's obvious you put a lot of time and thought into creating it. Once I cool down I think I'll give it another whirl.
Heh - everytime i play mod first, i play at a low difficulty. After that i try my luck. But maybe that's because i'm not very good at the game.
Everytime i get the message that someone built the Scavanger Camp i get paranoid and start building up massive border defenses. :scared:
It did take a lot of time to make ... maybe a bit too much. Maybe i would have made 2 scenarios insted of this mod by the time i retried from modding.
cheezy said:
Oh, and those mine graphics, cool as they are, keep confusing me because it looks like I've roaded under them when I haven't. :mad:
Ah, :lol: i had that dilema too on several ocasions. :lol: Always check the gold it gives.
cheezy said:
So I like you mod. :) Now go play mine. :) :)
I've been stalking your mod ever since you had the preview thread. I'd love to play it, but it's a world map mod; i tried playing my mod on a world map and things went bad at the middle of the 2nd age. :(
Plus i will probably never play civ3 ever again starting from next week when i'll get a new computer to replace this 8 year old one.
Don't worry, a lot of people will play your mod. So many people played my mod (from the download count) yet only about a dozen posted about it. There are many shy people here. :)

Okay, so I DLed the world map version, because I :love: world maps.

I started a game on Regent again, and again with the Ottomans, whom I moved to Istanbul, and closed up the Bosporus strait. It is the early Medieval Period, and I'm kicking serious toushie. I killed the Greeks really fast, like turn 6, and took Athens. Athens built the Scavenger Camp, and I took the rest of the Balkans for myself. With my western border secure, and the tech lead nearly within my grasp, I'm pushing east, into mesopotamia. The damn Indians and Carthaginians keep settling right next to where I want to, and only turns before. But I did get Baghdad, and it's rushing every culture building it can; I've already flipped one city. The rest of Carthage I might just take at swordpoint, they're pretty far behind, rather weak, and I have a very large army, mostly from all my mercys I got. With a core built around Fedualism-tech units, I'm going to take all of N Africa very soon.

The only real problem I've encountered so far is the immense cost of mercenary units (5gpt), which don't seem to upgrade to anything. Do they actually upgrade? I know that in my mod, I made crusaders and Ancient Cavalry both upgrade, but because they can't be built per se, the upgrade path doesn't show up in the civilopedia. I'm seriously hoping this is the case. My peltasts will be very angry if the case is otherwise.

Oh, and as for my mod, there's both a world map, with the builds limited to certain squares, and a normal random map, for people like you.

How did you kill the greeks in the first 6 turns :eek: ?

Err ... well, the Peltasts might be a bit angry. :mischief: I do have reasons for all that tho:
- the mercenary units cost 5gpt because they are mercenaries :D - when you think about it they don't cost much;
Units "mostly" have 1gpt support cost - that means 5 units will = mercenaries.
- the mercenaries don't upgrade because they are mercenaries again. :D I mean you employ them to do their job and kill stuff. But times are changing and they are no longer needed so you have to disband them or just leave them lying around.
Note: if you disband them you will get 0 shields because they are mercenaries and cannot be "turned into city workers"
- the wonders that produce the mercs will expire soon enough and you'll get rid of the 5gpt

Okay, so I'm about mid-Medival Age. My empire now incudes N Africa, I've got all the Jihad and Crusades units swinging away at the poor Carthaginians. The tech lead is mine, the histograph is going crazy in orange ink. Guess what happens? The game crashes. It went looking for something concerning a falxman fortifing, went nuts, and shut down. Thank God for the autosave, but I don't know that I can continue any further.

Oh, and someone keeps fireballing my army that's parading around. Bastards.

Okay, so I'm about mid-Medival Age. My empire now incudes N Africa, I've got all the Jihad and Crusades units swinging away at the poor Carthaginians. The tech lead is mine, the histograph is going crazy in orange ink. Guess what happens? The game crashes. It went looking for something concerning a falxman fortifing, went nuts, and shut down. Thank God for the autosave, but I don't know that I can continue any further.
That was fixed with a patch ... :hmm:
Oh, and someone keeps fireballing my army that's parading around. Bastards.
:lol: Sounds like fun. :lol: He'll run out of them eventually. :D

THe nasty thing was that the mercenry producing wonders have quite high maintenance cost wich won't dissapear after the wonder is obsolete. in the beginning this is no problem but lateron the total sum of this wonders/buildings makes quite a big part of the costs....

THe nasty thing was that the mercenry producing wonders have quite high maintenance cost wich won't dissapear after the wonder is obsolete. in the beginning this is no problem but lateron the total sum of this wonders/buildings makes quite a big part of the costs....
Wait a sec, the maintainance doesn't dissapear when the wonder goes obsolete ? :eek: Whoa, i didn't know that. :eek:

Well i guess that would make deciding wether to build the wonder or not even more difficult ... that's not necesarely a bad thing.
You might end up saying:
stupid wonder i shouldn't have built that.
OR
damn it, if i would have built that wonder i would have had better troops / i wouldn't die.

:D

Yeah, I found that the Peltasts and Crusades, etc., still keep charging the maint. fees every turn even after they expire. but i got I don't know how many units out of them, and I'm still using them for MP duty anyways, so no big deal there, really. (Although I might not feel that way if I get in a game where money becomes more crucial ;) ). And you DEFINITELY can't sell the Peltasts after they become obsolete--I tried. :crazyeye:

I've also been meaning to ask a question about Armies in your mod. If I make an army out of a unit that has bombardment (def. or off.), does the Army itself still have bombardment? Or would it get the special movement abilities of its individual units? For the first one, say an army of Occultists, would it keep their off and def. bombardment abilities? Or if I made an army out of ninja's, would it still get the ability to move over all terrain as if it were roaded? I actually had the opportunity to make one out of occultists at one point, but decided against it because their lethal land bombardment was too fun (and valuable to lose), especially with three of them in one are at the time.

I've been kicking some serious butt :king: throughout the game, but have only been playing on Warlord (?--the second level up) to get a feel for the various new buildings, units, etc. I've built or captured just about every WW so far up to Hoover (and just started on crash site research for my UFO!!).

Well, gotta go!!

Top Bottom