Heroes of Hopeville

Okay? Of like the fifteenth time, this one in thread, if your player killing insane people without consulting anyoneis IC, why is he a hero and allowed in a government run institution?

Mostly because he showed up and said "I'm a superhero now". But don't worry. His actions IC are being tabulated by those who know of them.

11 SP
4 SP on 2 WIS
4 SP on Pacify (Including the Psychic Sense upgrade)
2 SP to move the WIS requirement for Psi Stealth to 5 WIS

1 Remaining

Also updated the psychic sense upgrade list, it has been outdated since the first mission.

Arrow we have been over this. Please refer to the series of posts on the last page for a full explanation.

Also bear in mind that not all heroes live by Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Arrow we have been over this. Please refer to the series of posts on the last page for a full explanation.

Also bear in mind that not all heroes live by Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Arrow's concern is a valid one - his isn't that Patriot doesn't abide by Thou Shalt Not Kill, it's that Patriot's code of ethics seems to be designed to take the most violent and aggressive possible solution to any given problem.

But again, that's something for the Patriot character (And the other characters) to deal with, and those characters in Hopeville who know of Patriot's sins are taking appropriate action...much like the characters who know of Paragon's sins.

Lets bear in mind that this is based on 2 missions worth of actions, one mission of which was the tail end of one and the death was unintentional.

Yay! USA subplot for Paragon partially confirmed!

In other news, that explanation is satisfactory. Well, Nuke's at least. And Arya, the problem is that it has been only two missons, and everyone already hates you because of your violence streak a mile wide.

In the interest of clearing this up, lets list my violent actions.

1. Elimination of 5 mistakenly suspected hostiles.
2. Showing a backbone to some downtown gangs that decided to trash the HoJ, hopefully either ensuring they don't try and trash it again or (potentially) gaining some respect from them (if they are the type of people that respect martial progress). Long shot on respect and not part of my initial consideration, but who knows.
3. Violent and unintentionally lethal interrogation with Tunisra. Already explained and consequences accepted.

I wouldn't call that a violence streak a mile wide. I would say that is staying in character. You know, as the guy who rotated among just about every american special ops group there is such as the Seals, Berets, and Delta, and had his ability to speak destroyed in an interrogation in Russia. The hardcore mercenary afterwards. The policeman who helped to fight crime in Gotham (or another american city; can't remember if Nuke ruled out Gotham and Batman or just Batman). The guy who communicates via grunts and actions. No, I have merely acted in character, and please, this is only a game. I understand some actions have been incorrect and that has been discussed. It has been no business of yours arrow, and so please stop making anything that has remotely to do with a fault of mine your business. Ive had enough.

Yay! USA subplot for Paragon partially confirmed!

In other news, that explanation is satisfactory. Well, Nuke's at least. And Arya, the problem is that it has been only two missons, and everyone already hates you because of your violence streak a mile wide.

Yes! Everyone has at least one subplot, including Paragon, even if I haven't exactly worked out how it happens just yet.

Be fair. I don't think anyone hates Arya, or if they do that's not an issue they should be dragging into this game. I do think that many of the characters have a good reason to dislike and/or hate Patriot (Such as Nashiru, Desperado, and Paragon) as well as NPCs like Crystal Carson (AKA the reporter lady he pushed over).

But that's something interesting to explore - how would a militaristic anti-hero deal with and survive the conflagration of situations in Hopeville?

In the interest of clearing this up, lets list my violent actions.

1. Elimination of 5 mistakenly suspected hostiles.
2. Showing a backbone to some downtown gangs that decided to trash the HoJ, hopefully either ensuring they don't try and trash it again or (potentially) gaining some respect from them (if they are the type of people that respect martial progress). Long shot on respect and not part of my initial consideration, but who knows.
3. Violent and unintentionally lethal interrogation with Tunisra. Already explained and consequences accepted.

I wouldn't call that a violence streak a mile wide. I would say that is staying in character. You know, as the guy who rotated among just about every american special ops group there is such as the Seals, Berets, and Delta, and had his ability to speak destroyed in an interrogation in Russia. The hardcore mercenary afterwards. The policeman who helped to fight crime in Gotham (or another american city; can't remember if Nuke ruled out Gotham and Batman or just Batman). The guy who communicates via grunts and actions. No, I have merely acted in character, and please, this is only a game. I understand some actions have been incorrect and that has been discussed. It has been no business of yours arrow, and so please stop making anything that has remotely to do with a fault of mine your business. Ive had enough.

1. Elimination of five humans wearing XCOM patches in an organization which includes an alien. There is a debate on whether they were hostile or not. Regardless, Patriot acted to defend Desperado from what he saw as a threat...and you will note he was not penalized for it.
2. It's up to Alan how Alan responds to the new fortifications, the ones the city put in and the ones Patriot put in.
3. Yes, already explained.

Nuke ruled out Batman, and Nuke will probably indicate that Gotham is just Patriot's nickname for the city of New York. Nuke will also get down a Patriot subplot summary, there's just so much antagonistic gold there.

Hey guys, just a heads up, I got grounded monday night (long story short, my dad decided to choose the moment that I vanished monday night to enforce a rule that he hadn't even mentioned since last May or so), and I'm not sure if he's letting me keep my phone just for the day due to me having an away soccer game, or if he's going to take it back tonight and keep until he originally planned (Sunday night). Probably not going to make the mission his weekend, if the latter.

Upon observing SOC's stated time and SpACe's stated time, the HoH mission has been moved to Sunday at 5EST out of respect for the general AC non-compete clause.

Can't go either.

Upon observing SOC's stated time and SpACe's stated time, the HoH mission has been moved to Sunday at 5EST out of respect for the general AC non-compete clause.

Not sure I understand why it's been moved, but whatever. It'll be harder because of homework, but I guess it's possible to make.

Not sure I understand why it's been moved, but whatever. It'll be harder because of homework, but I guess it's possible to make.

SoC is listed as being on Saturday, and while HoH claimed Saturday first, I know very well attempting to compete with LH's ACs doesn't end well so I'm taking proactive action. If LH ends up not running SoC tomorrow, we will have HoH then.

SpACe is on Monday, so no problems over there.

SoC is listed as being on Saturday, and while HoH claimed Saturday first, I know very well attempting to compete with LH's ACs doesn't end well so I'm taking proactive action. If LH ends up not running SoC tomorrow, we will have HoH then.

SpACe is on Monday, so no problems over there.

As I understand it DT made SpACe on Monday to avoid competing with SOC on Sunday. Was this a misunderstanding or is LH all over the place in deciding when his mission will be? If the latter we should keep it on saturday. It seems to be better for everyone here and LH can't expect the entire AC community to revolve around him and his AC (not saying he does expect that).

As I understand it DT made SpACe on Monday to avoid competing with SOC on Sunday. Was this a misunderstanding or is LH all over the place in deciding when his mission will be? If the latter we should keep it on saturday. It seems to be better for everyone here and LH can't expect the entire AC community to revolve around him and his AC (not saying he does expect that).

It was the latter. He was originally going to do it on Thursday, but he added the part about also trying for Saturday shortly after I said I was going for Saturday. Dem must have misread and thought LH was going on Sunday.

Yes, Saturday would be better for everyone here, including me, but that'd be tantamount to asking players in both games (Of which most of them are) to either play two characters at once or to make a choice. If I ask them to make that choice, they will choose SOC and I don't blame them - LH is a competent, experienced GM who is running a long-awaited addition to his SSD franchise.

On the other hand, it'd be fun to play with the non-regulars. Hmm. How about I be in chat on Saturday at 5EST, and if we have enough people we'll go for the mission?

You are also rather experienced and competent when it comes to GMing an AC even if you haven't been doing it as long as him (since nobody has). And even if the Brand name attracts some people to his game, I for one think this Super Hero game is very well put together and extremely fun to play.

It was the latter. He was originally going to do it on Thursday, but he added the part about also trying for Saturday shortly after I said I was going for Saturday. Dem must have misread and thought LH was going on Sunday.

Dem operates on the assumption that eventually HoH and SOC will balance out to take up the whole weekend regardless of the exact days they are each trying to claim. :p

Yes, Saturday would be better for everyone here, including me, but that'd be tantamount to asking players in both games (Of which most of them are) to either play two characters at once or to make a choice. If I ask them to make that choice, they will choose SOC and I don't blame them - LH is a competent, experienced GM who is running a long-awaited addition to his SSD franchise.

On the other hand, it'd be fun to play with the non-regulars. Hmm. How about I be in chat on Saturday at 5EST, and if we have enough people we'll go for the mission?

That's a pretty pessimistic opinion of how much we like your game nuke. :p I agree with keeping open the possibility of a saturday mission.

DT

Top Bottom