History questions not worth their own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could've sworn that that Wikipedia article wasn't there a few months ago when I pejoratively dismissed something JEELEN said as "Whig history" here on these very forums

I could've sworn that that Wikipedia article wasn't there a few months ago when I pejoratively dismissed something JEELEN said as "Whig history" here on these very forums
I guess someone heard of your plight.:)

Nah, it's been around since at least 2008, I just didn't find it last time, or didn't remember whoever linked it. Hell, I might've linked it, but with my memory...:dunno:

Was Guilliame le Conquerant really called le Bastard?

Does this look like OT to you?

None of you know of William the Conqueror?

You know, the Frenchman who took over England...

I'm aware of him. I can't say one way or another as to whether contemporaries called him "Will the Bastard" because I am not well read on eleventh-century France.

I just didn't see why that was off-topic (it's history) or worth its own thread (it's not).

It's not. Certain threads in the Off-Topic forum are archived when they reach 1000 posts, mostly because of tradition, partly so they can be archived in a postcountless forum because they tend to be spammy.

Ah, I see. I misunderstood your comment, which, in my defense, could have been taken in such a way as to suggest that my question should belong in the OT thread.

Ah well, I should stop commenting on this, it actually is becoming spammy.

It's not. Certain threads in the Off-Topic forum are archived when they reach 1000 posts, mostly because of tradition, partly so they can be archived in a postcountless forum because they tend to be spammy.

So this thread will just... never end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom