Hitler & Mussolini

guys,
i just saw that the unrar'd LH is a whopping 17MB. We have a lot of extraneous files in there. it won't affect the leaderhead at all but I'll clean it up and post it tomorrow. For some mods and computers it may be too much.

Sorry, I was in a rush to put it up. And I'm a bit lazy...

guys,
i just saw that the unrar'd LH is a whopping 17MB. We have a lot of extraneous files in there. it won't affect the leaderhead at all but I'll clean it up and post it tomorrow. For some mods and computers it may be too much.

Yes guys, as this is a top-notch quality leaderhead, please try to make the performance also top notch.

I have to report that I was experimenting with RevDCM + Varietas Delectat + Leaders of VD (almost 50 LHs), and it causes heavy MAFs even in mid-late games with a 512Mb graph. card!
Once I removed the Leaderheads, it got under control, but I would like to have those quality leaderheads in the game, but most of those are not optimized a bit.
With one LH, it's not a problem. With 50, it's game killing.

Yes guys, as this is a top-notch quality leaderhead, please try to make the performance also top notch.

I have to report that I was experimenting with RevDCM + Varietas Delectat + Leaders of VD (almost 50 LHs), and it causes heavy MAFs even in mid-late games with a 512Mb graph. card!
Once I removed the Leaderheads, it got under control, but I would like to have those quality leaderheads in the game, but most of those are not optimized a bit.
With one LH, it's not a problem. With 50, it's game killing.

yeah that was my heartbreak. Last october i finally put all my LHs in a mod and wanted to play it but it MAF'd all the time. I never got to start that game :(

I know this isn't necessarily the right thread for this topic, but why exactly do MAFs occur? I mean I get that the memory has surpassed the alotted amount, but I heard somewhere that Civ has a limit on how much RAM it is allowed to use. I was just wondering what the purpose of doing this was, especially in a game that is traditionally heavily modded?

EDIT: @ Smeagolheart - does that actually work? Play my mod and let me know if you get any MAFs, because my mod always causes MAFs around the modern era at least.

Yeah guys not to threadjack but the steps worked, I haven't tried your Mod The Capo and I'm a bit short on time to play at all at the moment to do so (two baby girls) but yeah it worked for my mod.

Need to be running Windows XP pro though. The key that worked for me is making the changes to your boot.ini described.

edit: and from reading up on the maf problem in the forums people think that as far as Firaxis is concerned there's no problem to fix. It's only with the mods do you get mafs so they see it as not something to address base game and so low/no priority to add to a patch.

So is the Hitler Leaderhead useable for a public mod? Or will it cause MAFs for users because it is too high poly? Stability > Aesthetics. I prefer both, but I'll just use the old leaderhead if this one is going to crash.

So is the Hitler Leaderhead useable for a public mod? Or will it cause MAFs for users because it is too high poly? Stability > Aesthetics. I prefer both, but I'll just use the old leaderhead if this one is going to crash.

I don't think the situation is that dire, I forgot to delete unnecessary files so there are a bunch of extra ones. I think Ekmek is going to clean it up, at least I assume he is. I played a game against Hitler using my mod which is a big one and didn't have any problems with it. I didn't finish the game and only played into the renaissance, but still it worked fine for me.

He's all ready to go boys. I am just going to get a few screen shots to put up on the download page and then I'm going to post him. Here is a shot of that one animation where you saw the bottom of the model, as you can see it looks nice right now... AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

Good work everyone, we kick ass. :goodjob:

EDIT: This thing looks completely professionally done now that I look at it again, its AMAZING how good this looks. If anyone craps on this leaderhead they are insane and anyone who does so should be rounded up and put on a train and.... uh... yeah... I'm just happy I don't have to look up any more Nazi crap now.

Simply masterpiece! :goodjob:

a difference i saw was that the head is still linked to the tga version of the texture while all other textures are dds (and only the head seems to be affected)

How do I install this? Where do I extract the RAR to? Do I need to edit the civ info xml file or anything like that?

How do I install this? Where do I extract the RAR to? Do I need to edit the civ info xml file or anything like that?

You have to download it (I would go for the one in the database since Ekmek's seems to be having problems at this point), then extract the rar into a mod and then modify the XML yourself. I did not make it modular but I did provide the art XML on the database page. I would suggest looking up a tutorial on installing LHs because its a bit of work and I don't have the time to explain it right now.

anyone else try the one I posted?

I tried it now, Ekmek, and it works ok
Thanks! I just wish the other LHs are as optimized as this one

Attachments

• hitl.jpg
    hitl.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 267
Top Bottom