• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

HOF V3 game -Kursk

So when are we kicking this thing off?

Just want everyone to follow the Nov turn move restrictions noted. This was a problem in our last game where people forgot the restrictions. You have follow them in November which includes no air superiority missions. So do review.

The battle log is a necessary evil as E notes above. But it is critical to do so accurately once battles takes place. It is particulary important in regards to sea battles. One has to do the very best in identifying WHERE the battle took place and what losses occurred.

Saying a CA sunk a sub in the north atlantic doesn't help much. But saying,

A 4/5 CA SANK a Sub 7 Tiles NW of Dublin gives the type of contact report units would have sent and gives the person who didn't "see" the battle an idea of what happened to their unit at sea.

OK Bowsling...lets get Nature going!!! Good luck all and I hope the new folks enjoy Eric's scenario for the fun it offers! Cheers!

Sully

So all players will know details even if they did not participate in battle?

With all strange numnbers of units that impossible to remember... I can't hire a secretary for that...
OK, let's see how it will work, but most probably will not.

You have do some good note taking during each battle. Believe me that you WILL appreciate the info when battles happen that you can't see. And yes..everyone gets the report that does lend itself in a very interesting way for all. You get use to it IL!! Just use a pad and pencil, notepad, or whatever so you can then record your results here.

Here's one of my turn summaries from the last HOF game...From Here to Eternity as an example

CW July 1943 Turn Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Occupied Europe (Not for long!)
-3 BBs & CA Bombard Cherbourg and Redline 3 Units
-4/6 1st Britannia Marine Assualt Army KILLS Inf Div, Fort Div, & RCF
CHERBOURG LIBERATED

-2BBs & HB Damage units in Brest

-4/4 Canadian Lt Tank Div KILLS Flak in Bordeaux

Italy
-4 BBs & 4 HBs Redline Army in Taranto
-3/5 Marine Corps & 2 Marine Divs KILL Army and Inf Div
TARANTO Captured

SEA/Burma
-Biplane SHOT DOWN by Zeke over Hanoi
-Med Bomber DESTROYS Zeke
-Med Bomber DESTROYS Road W of city

-HB Destroys Road E of Rangoon
-HB SHOT DOWN over Rangoon
-HB Damages unit in Saigon

GPS to Bowsling

Sully

Occupied Europe (Not for long!)
-3 BBs & CA Bombard Cherbourg and Redline 3 Units
-4/6 1st Britannia Marine Assualt Army KILLS Inf Div, Fort Div, & RCF
CHERBOURG LIBERATED

-2BBs & HB Damage units in Brest

-4/4 Canadian Lt Tank Div KILLS Flak in Bordeaux

Italy
-4 BBs & 4 HBs Redline Army in Taranto
-3/5 Marine Corps & 2 Marine Divs KILL Army and Inf Div
TARANTO Captured

SEA/Burma
-Biplane SHOT DOWN by Zeke over Hanoi
-Med Bomber DESTROYS Zeke
-Med Bomber DESTROYS Road W of city

-HB Destroys Road E of Rangoon
-HB SHOT DOWN over Rangoon
-HB Damages unit in Saigon
How you can remember all this abrakadabra during play?

You have pen and paper and record each battle. Do the best you can. But everyone else who has played this before you has worked through it. We just need to get the game moving so everyone can get into the flow.

And actually, the descriptive accounts of each turn posted adds a great deal to the game itself!

Sully

View attachment Hinge_of_Fate_V3_R3.txt

I hope I've attached the scenario text file. Just in case the new folks didn't know it existed as part of the scenario extraction. Eric...the date I have for this is late 2010. Did/have you updated it since?

Anyhow Larkin and anyone else...it is important you read through this. I hope this helps?

Sully

How you can remember all this abrakadabra during play?

I have two monitors. Civ on the left, Notepad on the right.

Whenever I attack anything, I click over to Notepad and type the relevant details. The game plays a little slower that way, but it doesn't take TOO long to get used to. Playing a lot of Rat series SGs definitely helps :D

Read it but did not find any. Even "locked war" was not mentioned.

The political situation:

Locked alliance #1 (USA, British Empire and Minor Allies) at war with alliance 2 and 4.
Locked alliance #2 (Germany and Minor Axis) at war with alliance 1 and 3.
Locked alliance #3 (Russia) at war with alliance 2.
Locked alliance #4 (Japan) at war with alliance 1.

In civ, if you are in a locked alliance and that alliance is at war with another
alliance then you are at war with that alliance for the whole game.

German construction brigades are restricted to use within Europe and must stay west
of Warsaw
#2.
A maximum of 2 blizzard units may stack in a tile at the end of the Russian turn.
In the City as well?
A maximum of 4 air units per airbase.
In the City as well?
Can City without airfield accept an airplane?

Top Bottom