I mean there's stuff like Oh Christmas tree
I think that's german

I too prefer TRADITIONAL religious christmas hymns and the like

the most iconic christmas melody played in more like snoreway is quite lovely:

I just mentioned it because the English version just sounds stupid. Who sings to a tree, c'mon, only drunk people

In German it all sounds a lot more normal and appropriate for some reason
Why shouldn't people sing to a tree? At least they're living things.

Besides, Clint Eastwood did it in "Paint Your Wagon."

The Scrooges in CFC administration have, thus far, unfairly withheld us our Christmas smilies, but that isn’t going to stop our Christmas spirit. Time to gather ‘round and go wassailing with our favorite Christmas and holiday music. Let’s see it! Link your favor music for the season here. Maybe also tell us why you like it.

“Oi to the World,” by the Vandals, is a Christmas classic, hypothesizing what would happen if Our Lord returned to punks and taught them about solidarity and fraternity. It’s super.

Happy Christmas!

I hate Wham!'s "Last Christmas." I don't like "Santa Baby."

Most of the traditional hymns, I like pretty well.

Stiff Little Fingers covered “White Christmas.” It’s pretty sweet.

I've been waiting for the next Christmas classic song for ages :(

It's baffling that it still eludes us. We live in a post-Mariah universe, I mean she's still alive but she isn't relevant any more, but she still claims the most recent classic Crimbo tune.

Although in my opinion the most recent Christmas classic is from 2003 - The Darkness with 'Don't Let the Bells End':

Spoiler :

Always a joy to hear. And quite heartfelt too if you take a break from belting out the chorus in your own caterwauling falsetto and listen to some of the lyrics (he doesn't want Christmas to end because it's the only time his loved one can make time for him, is what I get out of it). Also he shouts 'bells end' at some children which is also very touching. I think we should let The Darkness write us a new national anthem.

After them, then what? Does anyone really want to listen to this?

Spoiler :

Apparently it's a Christmas song. I can see it, sort of. This is the song you listen to, sobbing, amidst the decorations and tables of hors d'oeuvres at your party nobody came to, while you take down the mistletoe from the ceiling hook and replace it with a freshly tied noose.

Bieber had a go I guess:

Spoiler :

I can't shake the feeling that he's just singing an established Christmas melody, but can't think which one it is. In any case, the approximately 4000 times he uses the word 'shawty' preclude this one from being a classic at any time other than the early 2010s when this came out. If you actually did decide to watch the video, skip to 2:05, where he gives his best gal a tender love note - and signs it with his full name. Jesus Christ, Bieber, get some game son. You wanna put 'Esquire' on there as well?

I remember having high hopes for this one back when it came out:

Spoiler :

But nope, don't think anyone remembers this. It's kinda boring. At least the Morrissey song makes you feel miserable.

This is the most recent attempt I can remember:

Spoiler :

I actually don't hate this, it's pretty good for what it is. Kinda similar theme-wise to the Darkness song from earlier, vocals perhaps nod to Mariah. Leona Lewis is still just a formless shapeless void that songs come out of, of course, but Christmas is a time of forgiveness after all so let's forgive her that. This one has the added bonus of being short! Less than three minutes. Whoever wrote this knows that nobody wants to listen to Christmas music, or Leona Lewis, for very long.

Of course nowadays a distressingly large proportion of the UK populace gets its Christmas choon from a GOD DAMN ADVERTISEMENT

Spoiler :

The idea of millions of people waiting on tenterhooks, not for Christmas, but for an advert for Christmas, an advert that sells you Christmas, and then they all go out and BUY THE ADVERT as well (or at least the song from it) makes me puke pure cranberry sauce in disgust. I realise that Christmas is a time when we all get together to celebrate the birth of capitalism but THERE IS A LINE

The Scrooges in CFC administration have, thus far, unfairly withheld us our Christmas smilies,

Ahem...click the smilies icon...at the bottom of the box where you're drafting your post, what to your wondering eyes should appear, five little tabs,the middle one with reindeer. :rudolf::xmassign::xtree::snowcool::santa2:

Last edited:
You can just skip all but this one:

Link to video.
Okay, I listened to the whole thing (had to force myself to get to the end). What does this song have to do with Christmas? I must have missed that.

Christmas music is fine - when it starts playing in stores and airwaves after Thanksgiving.

That's disgusting.

I generally dislike xmas music. I'm generally not a fan of xmas to begin with. But xmas music becomes almost impossible to avoid. And that drives me crazy.

Christmas music rocks.

Angry Johnny and the Killbillies
Bang Bang Baby Bang Bang Merry Christmas Album
(many nsfw).

Title song:

Top Bottom