• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Holliday/Vacation plans...

WS78

Chill moan!
I don't have any plans, since I'm strapped for cash.
If someone paid for my trip (like some gameshow or something) I'd love to go back to NYC or visit Brazil, Japan or Cuba.

So where are you headed?

IN august I might be spending a couple of weeks in Alaska. Don't know for sure yet, tho.

Alaska? Fishing, hiking, climbing or just freezing your butt off?

Actually it's quite pleasant in the summer time. Even the winters aren't as harsh as I'm used to in KS. I'll be visiting family, so it's hard to say what we'll be doing.

So far it looks like I won't being doing much other than a summer job.. :(

In July I'll spend a few days at a beach resort, then go to Tokyo to see the city, go to Tokyo Disney and climb Mount Fuji (for the second time, why I don't know).

Last month we went skiing in Hokkaido.

I went to Brazil last winter. as a result, i dont think we have a family travel budget for a few years.

On my own accord however, im taking a week off my summer job to go camping in Wisconsin, and then maybe another weekend later to go caving in Kentucky with some friends.

Well, I spent two weeks in Greece this February. During the summer I'll only have one week off during which I'll just rest. In November/December I'm going to Thailand for three weeks and that's pretty much it for this year. :(

Aug. 6-Aug 20=2 weeks on Santorini with the girlfriend :)

For Americans and other people without map knowledge ( j/k) Santorini is a Greek island.

Don't know for sure yet, we're still trying to decide what to do... at the moment, Egypt is top of the list...

WS78 said:
I don't have any plans, since I'm strapped for cash.
If someone paid for my trip (like some gameshow or something) I'd love to go back to NYC or visit Brazil, Japan or Cuba.

So where are you headed?

I have vacation time coming up too, but I don't have money either. My wife spent $3000 on gifts to other people (over the holidays) that I cannot afford to go anywhere. I was thinking of going somewhere warm, like Florida, or maybe the Caribbean, if I had the money. Back in the day, I went to Martinique, which was rather quaint, and could go back.

I'm off on honeymoon next week, (getting married on Saturday). Cruise round the Med, starting at Monte Carlo and after looping round we end up at Barcelona. I will thnakfully miss all the joys of the UK election banter.

Sometime late this summer I'll probably go to Montana, to see Yellowstone and other stuff.

I've got you all beat. I'm off to Hawaii for 16 days in May. 3 Nights in Waikiki. 4 in Hilo to go see the lava flows and the east coast of the Big Island. 9 Nights on Maui for relaxing and fun in the sun.

Gila Wilderness (backpack) Memorial Day, Kentucky (family) July 4th, Wind Rivers (another backpack) end of August.

Hey Zamphyr, have a good trip, you'll only be 75 miles away from where I live!
Check out Utrecht, Eindhoven and Arnhem.

Top Bottom