1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How is your Victoria Game going?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by ZeletDude, Jul 26, 2011.

1. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

i took screenshots, they came out as negatives :(

2. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

I've had several problems trying to run a Steam copy of this game (with AHD). The current one leads to this error message.
    "Systemet finner ikke angitt fil"="The system does not fin the specified file"
    Do any of you have an idea of how I can fix it?

3. chegel

chegel Warlord

This seems to be a problem common enough to deserve a sticky on paradoxplaza. You will have to register your game on the forum to access the tech support I think.

4. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

I'm sorry for bothering you further, but I made an account on the forums, registered both versions of Victoria II and still didn't get access to technical support. Do you know what I did wrong?

5. chegel

chegel Warlord

No, I have no idea.

Try copying the game folder from \steamapps\ to another location, delete the \map\cache\ folder everything in \map\cache\ then and possibly in another cache folder in \My Documents\ and then start the game in the new location and not via steam. Starting via Steam could break it again.

That's at least what the sticky says, I do not have the steam version and never encountered this particular problem. Good luck.

Edit:
    Or try deleting the content of the cache folder without relocating anything.

6. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

It worked, thanks alot for your help!

Sorry for being technologically illiterate, but how come I don't need the content in the cache folder?

7. Antilogic

Antilogic --

The cache is basically a bunch of game (particularly map) data that is "pre-loaded" to make the game start up quicker. If the cache is deleted, the game will simply take more time and rebuild it when you start it up next.

EDIT: So, if there is a bug or a corrupted file or something else wrong in the cache, it will load the bad file each time. Deleting it will force the game to recreate the file.

8. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Random question, guyz:

Is there a mod that appropriately simulates the US political system? As in, it's a democracy except that you cannot call elections whenever you want and instead have to stick to the 4-year terms? Maybe it also restricts your lower house from reshuffling every year and instead only reshuffles every 2?

9. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

There is a lower house?

Anyway, the Osmans take that state from Egypt rather than conquering all of the levant, hindering my plans to take it. So I declare war, and Austria, UK and Russia supports them.

What is the technologies you need to increase the minimum life rating?

Also, how do you lose to rebellions? Is there a button you can press or do they have to occupy all of your land?

Attached Files:

10. madviking

madviking north american scum

Nationalism and Imperialism
    Machine Guns
    uh something else

11. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Medicine I think.

12. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

Nationalism and Imperialism and Machine Guns.

They need to control your capital for one year.

13. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

or they need to control a certain percentage of your country for one year... (I think it's 70%)..
    and in case of separatists, (for example Californian ones in Mexico/USA.. they need to control California, and don't need to take the Capital)

14. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

So, I united Germany, but there's a rebel group for nearly all the countries it was divided in beforehand, including Prussia, and maybe more than half of my troops are in one of these factions. Advice?

Also, WW1

Attached Files:

• WW1.jpg
      WW1.jpg
      File size:
      171.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Antilogic

Antilogic --

It's the percentage control on the politics screen that get reshuffled every January, I think.

You need all three of the techs mentioned above: N&I, Medicine, and Machine Guns.

You gotta do something to please them. Increase your money spent on the army so they get paid more and can buy luxury goods. I also find that social reforms will calm down rebellious groups in a pinch (like healthcare, raising minimum wage, and stuff like that--look to see what is demanded most by your people and give that to them).

16. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

Isn't that the upper house?

I already spend as much money as I can, but I'll see what more I can do. Thanks!

(also, I don't know about a mod like what you're looking for)

17. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I thought the upper house was the party that controlled the government after the elections finished. Could be wrong with my terminology, though. In any case, I was referring to the pie chart on the politics screen being reshuffled every 2 years instead of every year, which would make sense for the American system (biannual Congressional elections).

In this case, looking at reforms is the way to go. You can sort what your people want on the politics screen in the lower left, or go to your population screen, select soldiers only, and see what reforms they are demanding.

My cursory scans of the Victoria II mod forums haven't turned up anything, nor is it included in PDM/APD. So I was just putting out a general question to see if anyone else came across a more obscure mod that I haven't.

18. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

I thought that was just "the government".

Edit: I checked, and it's simply called "the ruling party".

19. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

I caught the second half of the Victoria 2 section of the livestream (missed the first half due to needing to eat), and I must say, the naval system and the crisis system both look really, really cool.
    Also, Jan Mayen.

20. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

What about Jan Mayen?

Edit: Nice, a nation of 0 meteorologists.