How many hours have you spent playing Civilization IV?

How many hours have you spent playing Civilization IV?

• 0-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-100

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 101-200

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • 201-500

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • 1001-2000

Votes: 22 15.9%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • 3001-4000

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • 4001+

Votes: 18 13.0%

• Total voters
The hours are frightening but at least I was often listening to a recorded book or lecture notes or language cds - so that's something anyway.

If you bought Civ IV on release and think you have played it for 4001+hours, then that means you have spent an average of at least 22.6 hours per week for nearly three and a half years.

Even an addicted gamer who played 16 hours a day every day would need 250 days (more than 8 months) to clock up 4000 hours.

To those who said 4001+, were you perhaps including older civ games as well, because that was not part of the poll question, right?

I have been playing it a decent amount for ~3 months now. Had also played it on and off since release in short wow breaks. At ~40 hours per week for 3 months thats near 500 hours.

A lot better then my world of warcraft addiction :p I played that for 3 years, and on a "normal" day would play 8-10 hours. During binges I would only eat, sleep and wow for as long as a couple months (i.e. 16 hours a day of solid play).

3.5 years * 52 weeks/year * 20 hours/week = 3640 hours.
Almost 2 years employed, almost 2 years not (often with more intense play, but some longer breaks between some of the games.

Usually 60-80 hours per huge/marathon game.

I think I have an addictive personality or something...so I only binge. When I play, I just haven't been able to play it in moderation. So, every 4 months or so I practically do nothing except zone-out on Civ for 2-3 weeks. Ultimately, I then feel really really guilty about neglecting my writing, my friends, and my family and I put the game away for a while. It's a good escape and distraction, especially after a serious break-up. :cry:

Total over the past 5yrs between 2000-3000hrs!

I don't count, and my daily time varies with weekends, homework, breaks, etc. Counting times that I start a game and never finish it, I would probablly have clocked at least a thousand hours.

I rented a room to save $ to buy a house and had no TV so spent many hours on the lap top playing civ. Now I have the house but am in the construction industry and on average have worked about 1 day a week for well over 6 months now. 2000 to 3000 hours.

Doh, I voted 200-500, but now thinking back to the x-mas of 2005... Maybe it is around 1500 rather than around 500... :crazyeye:

Edit: heck, scrap that, did some math and it was surely 2000-3000 hours! :eek:

Just last night my sister told me about how she had chosen to give up playing Civ Revolution on the playstation and I quipped that I must have spent about 200 days on Civ IV.

After calculating I don't actually think I was exaggerating.

I put down for 4001+ with great pride. The wife... not so happy :(

I play a lot. I'm retired and 40 hours/week is normal when I'm playing ( whenever I've kept track), sometimes more, but there is some multi-tasking involved. Last week I didn't play at all because I was travelling.

Some weeks are spent reading history and historical fiction instead. I like to get absorbed in whatever I'm doing. It's not the quantity that matters to me, it's the quality. I play a lot because I enjoy it a lot.

I am also retired and play in fits and spurts. If I am recovering from cold/flu, I have marathon Civ4 games. I then get burnout and don't play for weeks. I have no idea how many hours I have played in the last couple years -- lots.:D

Still 500-1001 :lol:
My attention to this game peaked just around the time of my last post. Even then it was easily less than 550 hours....

About an hour average per day for the past 2 years. :lol:

That's like 3500 hours. I'm almost worried for myself. :eek:

Oops :lol: My bad. Not sure quite how I managed that. 710, then :p.

Somewhere around 1000 hours I'm sure if you also count all the FFH1 and 2 that I played. :D

Top Bottom