• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Huge Earth TSL Map

I really want to see a full map picture of the new Mediterranean Large map.. seems more my style

Has anyone found Atlantis yet?

You mean this? ->
Inked20210423162811_1_LI.jpg

In the April Patch dev livestream someone asked what was this blob in the middle of the Atlantic and they totally denied it and joked it was a conspiracy. :lol:

Speaking of Greenland, have you looked at it on the Huge Earth map?
View attachment 594693
(This is from World Builder). Ice on coast to represent ice sheets. Nice idea but what happens when ice melts? Greeenland becomes a sliver? Not to mention circumnavigable.:shake:

It looks like Firaxis copied @totalslacker Play The World Earth and took a nice idea and made it worse. :cringe:

At least Greenland is now part of the Americas (unlike regular TSL Earth). :lol:

It's a bit more extreme than the reality, but central Greenland is actually under sea level because of the weight of the ice sheets above it. In an extreme melting scenario, Greenland would have a massive lake in the middle, until a few centuries of rebounding happen (as is happening, for instance, in the Gulf of Bothnia).

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2646/new-greenland-maps-show-more-glaciers-at-risk/

You mean this? ->
View attachment 594701

In the April Patch dev livestream someone asked what was this blob in the middle of the Atlantic and they totally denied it and joked it was a conspiracy. :lol:
Should have moved it to the Pacific to give Japan more room, or so I’ve heard.

Does anyone know where we can see a picture of the 100% revealed huge tsl earth map? I can't see to find one...

Disappointing that europe and the middle east are still so small-even on huge. I've seen mods that expand those areas just a bit to make them 100% better-even on huge.

Disappointing that europe and the middle east are still so small-even on huge. I've seen mods that expand those areas just a bit to make them 100% better-even on huge.
It is geographically accurate, though. Europe is small. IRL, of course.

Still think the Mediterranean should have been bigger than just 1 tile wide to cross etc. But I guess the Engine can't make any larger maps.

Europe has been crowded in every iteration I've played, even for huge maps. It's a matter of temper if you like the Europe start or not.

Still think the Mediterranean should have been bigger than just 1 tile wide to cross etc. But I guess the Engine can't make any larger maps.
In 2016 and until summer 2017 it could handle that size for Mediterranean sea on a world map:

Spoiler :
upload_2021-4-23_19-1-26.png

In 2016 and until summer 2017 it could handle that size for Mediterranean sea on a world map:

I like that kind of map to play, but it's not a geographically accurate one, so it's a different approach than the TSL.
On the minimap, India looks not much bigger than Spain or metropolitan France, and it is about 6 times bigger IRL.

What were the x and y lengths of that map that is no more handled by the game?

What were the x and y lengths of that map that is no more handled by the game?
230x116, and yes, even at that size, Europe would not be big enough to fit all Civilizations if the proportions were respected.

Reactions: PiR
I just hope this map implements the "naming rivers/mountains" GS thing... standard size one doesn't IIRC

That's something modders could do.

More importantly is has Firaxis fixed thee issue of river flooding on TSL (and other World Builder produced) maps?
That's a biggie. And it's something only they can address. (Not the modding community).

What issue is there with flooding rivers?

Rivers don't flood on Firaxis's other TSL map. In fact, half of the natural disasters don't really work.

At the danger of spamming the forum with these issue - a word of warning and a small glimmer of consolation for the TSL map fans:

The issue with unnamed rivers/absent floods/impossible dams still plagues most of the TSL maps, including the new huge Earth one...

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/1-0-12-9-tsl-huge-earth-map-river-label-and-dam.669574/

...but for some odd reason the new Mediterranean one works as intended as the only in this regard:
Spoiler :

NamedRiverMediterraneanMap.jpg

Top Bottom