I am looking for help for volcano minimod

When the volcano goes dormant is it still a volcano? i.e. is there a possibility that the same volcano will erupt in the future? Or once dormant it's just a random mountain square again with the same possibility of erupting as any other mountain. And if they do have the possibility of erupting again and again, is there a way to set the frequency of eruptions? i.e. more or less active volcano.
I am not sure how this works, if it is totally random what erupts or if volcanos are 'placed' at the start of the game.

Another nice feature would be if there is a city in an adjacent square it had the possibility of being destroyed and/or having the population decrease. So build by a volcano at your own risk. Again have no idea how this could be accomplished as I don't know enough about programming, but just a coulpe ideas.

@ Fierabras
WOw, awesome. I see, you added new tag. For it you had change gamecore dll?

I didn't add a new tag and there has been no custom dll used. I'm not sure which tag you are referring to... or do you mean the addition of the 'volcano dormant event'?

When the volcano goes dormant is it still a volcano? i.e. is there a possibility that the same volcano will erupt in the future? Or once dormant it's just a random mountain square again with the same possibility of erupting as any other mountain. And if they do have the possibility of erupting again and again, is there a way to set the frequency of eruptions? i.e. more or less active volcano.
I am not sure how this works, if it is totally random what erupts or if volcanos are 'placed' at the start of the game.

When the volcano goes "dormant", it just returns to a mountain peak, which means it can become a volcano again later on in the game. The BTS volcano event is originally set to recur, 70% active each game and has a weight of 100. You could change these numbers to make the event recur more often.

Another nice feature would be if there is a city in an adjacent square it had the possibility of being destroyed and/or having the population decrease. So build by a volcano at your own risk. Again have no idea how this could be accomplished as I don't know enough about programming, but just a couple ideas.

Population decrease is easy to do with events XML, for city destruction (yikes!) you will need Python.

Hey Fierabras, is it possible to find a way for this mod to work without actually changing the event? I'm wondering because I would like to include it in Cultural Diversity, but it's a unmodified gameplay mod which means I can't include anything that changes any of the rules. But the volcano graphic would really enhance it a lot.

Chuggi, I haven't actually changed gameplay with this modlet. The whole outset was to graphically enhance the existing default BTS volcano event, as requested by hrochland.

So it depends how you want to add the volcano graphic to your mod. It's currently defined as a terrain feature and can be included as such, but then it would only appear when you place it on a map through worldbuilder.

Fierabras said:
I have added a new event VOLCANO_DORMANT, which gives a 1 in 4 change every turn to return the volcano to peak again, with an added bonus of +1:) for 10 turns.

I thought it added or modified the original volcano event? With the extra happiness and the chance of the volcano turning into a peak, etc. Maybe I just read it wrongly. :p I can't remember exactly what the original volcano event did so I'm not sure.

Though if it doesn't modify anything apart from the graphics, great. :goodjob: I'll get it merged straight away.

Hey Fierabras,

I still can't get it right.

I've disabled the volcano-event (xml & python) so that only the volcano feature remains.

When I add the volcano as a feature and place it with the worldbuilder it disappears the next turn. I have no explanation for this. (3.13 issue??)

Anyone tried this in 3.17??

I suppose your code is correct.

I thought it added or modified the original volcano event? With the extra happiness and the chance of the volcano turning into a peak, etc. Maybe I just read it wrongly. :p I can't remember exactly what the original volcano event did so I'm not sure.

Though if it doesn't modify anything apart from the graphics, great. :goodjob: I'll get it merged straight away.

I totally forgot about the +10 :) bonus :crazyeye:
I consciously added the "dormant" event to make this modlet as unaltered-gameplay as possible. In default BTS the peak remains a peak with the volcano event, which means it's possible the event will take place more than once on the same tile (although chances are low that this will happen).

You can remove this bonus by changing the value to 0 in Volcano_CIV4EventInfos.xml for:

Code:
<iHappyTurns>10</iHappyTurns>

Hey Fierabras,

I still can't get it right.

I've disabled the volcano-event (xml & python) so that only the volcano feature remains.

When I add the volcano as a feature and place it with the worldbuilder it disappears the next turn. I have no explanation for this. (3.13 issue??)

Anyone tried this in 3.17??

I suppose your code is correct.

Maybe it's some kind of art issue. Could you try again as above with <bAnimated>0</bAnimated> in Volcano_CIV4ArtDefines_Feature.xml ?

I've just tried the same configuration (only the Custom Terrain module, removed Events XML and Python) and placed the volcano through worldbuilder. It doesn't disappear in my BTS 3.17.

I think it has something to do with your BTS only. From your screenshots I can see your are using a different interface (BUG mod?), so maybe that is interfering somehow. Are you trying to merge this modlet in your own mod? If so, which one?

EDIT: maybe you can supply me with all the code in your mod, so I can test it.

When the volcano goes "dormant", it just returns to a mountain peak, which means it can become a volcano again later on in the game. The BTS volcano event is originally set to recur, 70% active each game and has a weight of 100. You could change these numbers to make the event recur more often.

Would there be a way to change the rate of recurance for each volcano individually? or only as a 'map wide' recur rate? So one volcano may be very active while another relatively dormant?

Would there be a way to change the rate of recurance for each volcano individually? or only as a 'map wide' recur rate? So one volcano may be very active while another relatively dormant?

In the current setup there is no way to make volcanoes act individually, only 'map wide'. For this you need to copy the Eventtrigger XML for the volcano, add it to Volcano_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml and change:

Code:
<iPercentGamesActive>70</iPercentGamesActive>
<iWeight>100</iWeight>

This code makes the trigger 70% included each game and normal probability for the event to trigger each turn.

-1 - will happen immediately. That is, as soon as the conditions are met and it's possible for the event to happen.
0 - the event is disabled and will not happen.
100 - normal probability
Above 100 - higher probability
1 - 99 - lower than normal probability

So, changing <iPercentGamesActive> to 100 and changing <iWeight> to above 100 will make the volcano event recur more often.

I have just completed another graphical enhancement to a natural disaster event.

The tornado model and texture is made by hrochland and the animation by GarretSidzaka, published earlier here.

For this event I didn't add a new event to remove the tornado, because there was no plottype change needed (in comparison: return to peak for volcano). Instead, I have used <iDisappearance>500</iDisappearance> in the Feature XML to make the tornado dissappear again.

Another work in progress: graphical enhancement of the Forest Fire event. This time no new feature, but adding an effect (EFFECT_CITY_SMOKING_01) to the plot where the forest is cleared.

Wow, that Tornado is great! Adding it to my mod (already added the Volcano)

One suggestion, I wouldn't make the tornado feature impassable. Instead set it to give a certain amount of damage per turn to anyone that walks on the tile.

Great work on these mods!!

Top Bottom