1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Oranos

Oranos Warlord

Unfortunately, they're agnostic, and completely devoted to Agruonn, so I don't think that's gonna happen.

2. Niveras

Niveras Prince

I had assumed Agruonn was just their representation of another diety, much like the Mazatl's worship of Kilmorph and Lugus take the shape of Kalshekk and Omorr. Like the Mazatl, they could have agnostic removed and be given incentives to pick up Esus.

That's assuming Esus and Agruonn aren't entirely different entities, unlikely Kalshekk/Kilmorph and Omorr/Lugus.

Edit: Ah, Agruonn is actually Aeron, the god of murder. There can still be a synergy - manipulation and secrecy would help in murder and the treatment of inferiors - but I guess the civ would not adopt a culture-wide worship of Esus in contrast to Agruonn.

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

The Cualli are going to remain agnostic.

Omorr is actually Oghma, not Lugus, but Lugus is the closest god that has a religion and their spheres are close as it is.

Agruonn is Aeron... And their mechanic will focus on that alot. ;)

4. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

There is one thing I would like to say.
    I have been thinking a lot about the COE and how to hell it can even be a religion. I mean, things just don't add up.

And than it hit me. Essus is the god of deception, so could it be that COE is not worship of Essus as a god but worship of deception it self. Sort of like FOL is the worship of nature and not the God of Nature.

So the court of an essus king would be a strange place. Everyone would always smile and crack jokes. And there would be lavish feasts. But beneath the surface, each joke would have a dark meaning. And one would newer know what dish is poisoned, and by who.

Just wanted to get that out of my system and see what you people think.

5. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

I'd agree that's what a society that has a lot of esus influence would be like.. But I still think it's a stretch to consider CoE a religion, it's more of a social thing than religious thing - even if a god is pulling some of the strings, I doubt many would realise the way they acted was due to esus, such is the nature of deception.

If I'm honest I'd lump the CoE with the stewards of inequity...they're a cult and not a religion...albeit a cult with strong social influence.
    If you don't know who the SoI are..
    This sounds a lot like the CoE, although they acheive their goals by manipulating the system to their own ends rather than through crime. The stewards arn't a religion, and I don't think CoE really are either. Imo they run on very similar lines, although the CoE probably has more influence due to links with the undercouncil.

A society with a large influence of either would have much of its conduct dominated by their respective activites (like you've explained with that king's court scenario) of each but I highly doubt there would be much actual religious worship.

6. Torugu

Torugu Prince

So apparently they do actively worship Esus.

I still think CoE is fine as a state religion, it's just strange that the first thing you do when adopting Esus is send messengers to every nation telling them that from this day on you're worshipping the god of deception.

7. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

Oh, I can really imagine a sneaky assassin calling to Esus just before sniping that Lugus-worshiping vicar:
    "O Esus, bless my blade that it flies true today."
    "O Esus, blessed be your name, make that shopkeeper resiliant enough that I can extract more information on his hidden wealth before he dies..."

For me they are religious in the sens that they cannot be faithful to another religion if they follow Esus. Maybe the CoE is not an organised religion and more an organisation of criminals... but the guys in it are IMO certainly religious.

8. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

Essentially if your justification for crime is 'it's what god wants', you probably don't devote any of your time to following a different god.

9. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

This always bugged me, too. Isn't there some way to have the message declare adoption of some random choice among the other religions? And to have each city show that it is following that religion instead of Esus?

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I have no idea how to do it, and was for a long time under the impression that both Kael and Xienwolf and tried but failed, but Xienwolf has since revealed that he thinks it would be a fairly easy change but just doesn't care enough to make it a high priority in FF.

11. Skitters

Skitters Prince

To be fair I penned that pedia entry, but I suspect Kael accepted it more for the inclusion of several aspects of Erebus (it was not long after somnium had been introduced) than for an insight into the machinations of the CoE.

Having said that I see the Svart as being a bit of an exceptional case and being more open about Esus worship within society, but conversely they would be secretive to outsiders about all aspects of their society. In the instance above it didn't matter the link was revealed as likely the intention would have been he wouldn't have escaped Svart lands anyhow.

Note also that a courtroom dedicated to Esus doesn't in itself mean CoE

Personally I see CoE as being the Erebus' equivalent of the darkest conspiracy theory of the Illuminati/Freemasons. Most members would see it as a means of maintaining their own power rather than doing the work of Esus.

12. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

No, no, no... Freemasons and Illuminati, if real (Supposed to be) are very well made, and the mass media does not know much about them because of that. Those theories states that they rule our world behind scenes.

In the other hand, CoE: They do not will to rule the world behind curtains, are they? They have other business...

In other notes: I have a question regarding Doviello animal Spawn chance. The % chance that is displayed next to the amount of gold you have, is for all cities or just for the capital city? If not, how I can know the % chance for a specific city?

13. Valkrionn

That % chance is just for the capital. To see the odds of any specific city, you can A) Mouse over the city bar; the spawn odds will be in the popup, or B) Enter the city screen. Odds will be in the top-left, below the food and production bars.

14. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

I see...

OK; here's something that confused me, I've just seen a Settler from Flauros that landed on a island from a Galley. It is the first time I see this in RIFE, (AI settling through sea), further investigating, seemed that the Galley ended with AI_SETTLER_SEA script, as shows this pic.
    Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG

I think that this potential should be regarded and heightened to again, reward settling to foreign areas through sea. NOT discouraging it by slowing seafaring with kelps with ridiculous movement cost and freaking sea animals that can only be battled with a huge sea army, even with astronomy tech.

15. Valkrionn

The AI has always been capable of this. The problem is it does not correctly value Naval techs (which is harder to fix), and gets confused by the Crew promotions.

5 minutes of xml work can produce an AI which uses naval units to settle. It takes longer to get the AI to tech correctly.

In any case, we have chosen not to work on it until after the unitline changes; No need to do the same work twice.

16. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Freemason/Illuminati conspiracies really have more in common with the Stewards of Inequity (who worship Mammon) than the Council of Esus. These two faiths are generally somewhat allied though.

17. Billyank

Billyank Chieftain

just something that annoys me, coul you change it so that auto-pillage doesn't affect forts? b/c those take a long time to upgrade, and its annoying when youre trying to capture them, and they just get destroyed instead.

18. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Absolutely agree, don't forget Dwarven mines!. (Personally I think Auto-Raider promotion is OP already, perhaps more extra gold than auto-pillage?).

And I've got another request: Could you make the Scions to get an %Awakened boost under Golden age? Currently they don't, and I think they should get a sharp boost during GA.

19. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

Is it intended that the Tolerant trait allows a captor to cast the world spell of the civs they capture cities from?

I surrendered a city to Prime Minister Esirce of the Grigori, and he popped Arcane Lacuna the turn immediately after.

Not sure yet if that used up my ability to cast it, or not. But still. Intended, or no?

20. Valkrionn

No, not intended, and already fixed in 1.31.