• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Cool, because the old ones were awesome, and with the new civs and everything you could make some amazing ones. Recommendation: add something like the momus, it's sweet (except with more civ options, falamar sucks)

One more question, why is the civopedia so incomplete with most of the text failing to come up? It says like [civopedia(whatever the thing is)] I think. Any fix to it, because a lot is missing.

One more question, why is the civopedia so incomplete with most of the text failing to come up? It says like [civopedia(whatever the thing is)] I think. Any fix to it, because a lot is missing.

Frankly I'd just as soon get an error message than old text based on old gameplay. ;)

I think its because the team has more important gameplay issues their working on, at least thats what I get from the coder who's not a writer.:dunno:

I think its because the team has more important gameplay issues their working on, at least thats what I get from the coder who's not a writer.:dunno:

Maybe they should add some writers to the team, and not ask coders to do writing. :eek:

To avoid duplication, there should be a list posted or something.

Might it be possible to get "defense/watch towers" into the game, especially for early game protection.

Essentially it'd be a unit that can never leave the city its built in, looks like a watch tower or something and is pretty much a uber archer with high end defensive bonuses and stats?

I saw something in another Civ4 mod that was similar with a defensive missile battery unit for cities and I thought it was a pretty good and clever idea.

/]rchon;10345185 said:
Might it be possible to get "defense/watch towers" into the game, especially for early game protection.

Essentially it'd be a unit that can never leave the city its built in, looks like a watch tower or something and is pretty much a uber archer with high end defensive bonuses and stats?

I saw something in another Civ4 mod that was similar with a defensive missile battery unit for cities and I thought it was a pretty good and clever idea.

So how do you beat it in an early game rush?

How about this - limit them to one's own borders only, or possible own and allied borders. The only abuse I can see there is to spam them until the borders are lined with them, but if Catapults can take them down then keeping a few with your army when invading a player doing that there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Possible. Siege will be somewhat more common anyway; If it tells you anything, we will have both Siege Engine and Field Artillery unit combats.

Though an archer with "high end defensive stats" would be a surprisingly poor defender; Archers are losing their pointdefense role, will be stronger ranged but weaker melee. Another combat takes on the defensive role.

/]rchon;10345185 said:

Is the idea to force the AIs to do this? Otherwise, simply giving an extra unit with city defense bonuses would to the trick. Humans, AIs, both could leave it in the capitol or not, as they choose. Something that's pretty good but not so good that it would totally hose rushes.

I know, how about a unit with 25% city defense, and can fortify for another 25%?

Possible. Siege will be somewhat more common anyway; If it tells you anything, we will have both Siege Engine and Field Artillery unit combats.

Though an archer with "high end defensive stats" would be a surprisingly poor defender; Archers are losing their pointdefense role, will be stronger ranged but weaker melee. Another combat takes on the defensive role.

Can we get a unique replacement for the mechano's arcane barge first? I have an idea for it, that goes along the steampunk line. Its a sort of ship carrier ship.

It would be a sort of Final Fintasy style ship that would carry 2-3 thopters, shoots streams of fire(via spell, and also has a repair spell), it could cast 2 "spells" per turn like the arcane barge of course, and can carry another unique unit I was thinking about: an armored griffon or a mechanical hawk. It would of course be flying and be mainly, a broad utility ship.

Nope. All civ-uniques come after the core units, as far as when we are implementing them.

Once we begin adding the new units (which may be very soon, as I'm making the tags we need now; the DLL is building as I type this :lol:), UUs will mostly be removed, and then readded on a civ-by-civ basis. All UUs will end up rebalanced (since all units are being changed), some may be cut, some may be added.

As for the idea itself: Not sure what I think about it, we'll see once we get to the Mechanos. :p

Top Bottom