• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Shouldn't Courtesans get double benefit from Scourge and be able to use it on non-clerics?

/just kidding.

//not really. :)

what about spells. It doesn't seem like the AI uses them much. Even with nonmagical units, they don't attack my cities in a concerted way, not like they do in vanilla Civ. Does the AI get confused by all the new units or terrain or somethiing?

The barbs seem to milk it...:crazyeye:
Sea serpents and pretty much any barb unit with the ability to summon anything always start off with those spells before attacking, and I just had a horsemen(not one of the apocalyptic variety) barbequed by an amurite wizard. I mean if your having trouble with poor ai strategy I'd reccomend moving up from Warlord.:p

I mean if your having trouble with poor ai strategy I'd reccomend moving up from Warlord.:p

Except that Rife Emperor = Vanilla Warlord.

Looking forward to the day when all the important reworks are in and work can be done on the AI.

I play on deity in RifE all the time and still do well, definitely agree. So much so that some games I go in to WB at game start and give all the AIs an extra settler.

Part of the problem I think is that the mod is so complex, programming the AI to deal with all that is next to impossible. I feel the same way about fixing bugs and making features robust so that they work correctly in all situations. That doesn't mean it's not worth the effort tho. ;) Any work at all is beneficial.

The priority on programming so far appears to have been in adding more and more new features and civs. Fixing bugs and improving AI isn't nearly as much fun or noteworthy, so it's human nature I suppose.

Not being critical... the mod is amazing.

Yeah, that's why I said I'm looking forward to that.

Except that Rife Emperor = Vanilla Warlord.

Looking forward to the day when all the important reworks are in and work can be done on the AI.

So then Sid or deity on RiFE would equal noble or prince on normal civ?(ah, I think I just found my new RiFE difficulty:D)

@Rodan I sometimes do something like that in base civ, except I give the barbs a stack of destroyers/submarines late game in a neutral location to mix things up. Makes having a strong navy worthwhile:mischief:

If it wasn't for my boyfriend telling me not to, I'd say I love you.
Simply because the scrollbars in the city screen for me just don't work, so I'm often without the ability to check how many of what I have without using the trade part of diplomacy.

I think I know the answer, but if you mouse over them, do the resources also show the properties of it like mana? and does clicking on them still bring up the relevent pedia entry?
Just because I likes those bits. At a glance for all resources, etc.
I'm going to shut up now.

it is true. I only play on Deity and all you need to do to rampage every civ on the map is to build up a stack of ten or so decently leveled units with one or two really high level units and a few catapults and summoners and one priest and you can sweep indomitably. AI doesn't really launch major assaults on my civ either. A few desultory attacks with 4 or 5 units sometimes. And AI never uses spells strategically. never hits you with damage spells and then attacks with assassins. Ai doesn't do things in any strategic order. Ai just amasses troops and expands without defending. Am I playing on the wrong map or something. I'm on WorldofErebus Small.

I just have a question. If anyone still remembers that DLL thing I needed done. Is there any chances of it being included in 1.4 or something?

Also, is there a way (without modifying the dll) to make a promotion add an extra member to a unit? Like say have a unit of 2 swordman but when they get a promotion it adds a 3rd model that is a spearman to the model.

it is true. I only play on Deity and all you need to do to rampage every civ on the map is to build up a stack of ten or so decently leveled units with one or two really high level units and a few catapults and summoners and one priest and you can sweep indomitably. AI doesn't really launch major assaults on my civ either. A few desultory attacks with 4 or 5 units sometimes. And AI never uses spells strategically. never hits you with damage spells and then attacks with assassins. Ai doesn't do things in any strategic order. Ai just amasses troops and expands without defending. Am I playing on the wrong map or something. I'm on WorldofErebus Small.

The ai usually has a good number of archers when I play, I even remember one time when the bannor launched a counterattack on a city I had just taken from them and took it back, although that was a few versions ago(maybe even in ffh2, again it was awhile back). I agree the ai is stupid though; barbs often attack my fireballs when no other units are in range.:lol:

I believe so. If memory serves, it's based on FF+. Something like that anyway.

Does this mod have everything from fall further plus more?

Not quite, actually!

Rise from Erebus began as a modmod for Fall Further, titled Fall Further Plus. So we contain all material we have not modified; At this point, that means the Kahdi were removed, for example, but far more changes were additions, very few removals.

Is there any relation between the Kahdi and the event I just got on my Amurite game, where a city wanted to do something by itself (don't remember what exactly), and you get choices on how to let it?
If I recall, it was something about spawning off on a civ by itself, like the Minister Koun event, but the last option was to have a building called 'Kahd's Project' in it, which drained resources.

Is there any relation between the Kahdi and the event I just got on my Amurite game, where a city wanted to do something by itself (don't remember what exactly), and you get choices on how to let it?
If I recall, it was something about spawning off on a civ by itself, like the Minister Koun event, but the last option was to have a building called 'Kahd's Project' in it, which drained resources.

Absolutely. From the 1.30 changelog:

Kahdi
  • The Kahdi civ has been removed.
  • Kahd event for the Amurites added.
    • Requires Sorcery, Amurites, non-capital city.
    • Can only fire in 1/3rd of all games, but will fire immediately if it is available.
    • Currently only three choices (fourth to be added after Field Marshals are added)
      • Take care of him. Now.
        • 20% chance for nothing to happen; Kahd is captured.
        • 30% chance for hurry anger in the city; Kahd is captured, but the populace sympathizes with him.
        • 40% chance for Kahd to take over the city, spawn as a hero (with Mammon WS effects), spawn a Gate and the Monument of Avarice, a small army of summons (~10 units, Thades and Psions), and declare war.
        • 10% chance for Kahd to take over the city and all others (excluding the capital) within 4 tile radius, spawns as a hero (again, Mammon effects), spawn Gate and Avarice, a small army of units in each city claimed, and declare war.
          • This is the ‘Big Bad’ option; Considering having it allow you to take over the new ‘Kahdi’ (Amurite, actually) empire.
      • Allow him the freedom that he requires.
        • Kahd takes the city, spawns as a hero (Oghma spell effects), weaker summons (Thades and Gnoslings), and a Gate.
        • 70% chance for Kahd to become your vassal.
        • 30% chance for Kahd to become your teammate.
      • Allow him the freedom that he requires, but maintain control of the situation.
        • City remains under your control, gains a Gate, but also gains the “Kahd’s Project” building; Reduces Hammers and Commerce in the city by 75%.

Top Bottom