Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

A humble last request:

Would it be possible to give a small review about what changes were planed for 1.4?
There were always some pieces scattered around several topics but never "the whole picture" (or I'm stupid and/or blind).

Well,
I'll be doing a feedback on the scions :

Playing the public svn version.
nice scions !
- I have trouble with the charlatan promotion (playing the usurper hero) ...indeed, I don't understand How to take the "combat training" promotion. It seems I must have already one of the 3 metal promotion + warfare + charlatan to take the promotion. As charlatan comes to disciples and arcane, As none of those ever get metal promotion and As the aim of "combat training" is to get "combat ready" which allows to get metal weapons promotion... I think that either I don't understand the training promotion or there is a bug.

-It is said that upon having priesthood and sorcery, taking/razing a city will give reborn. Well it didn't happen in my game, neither with razing nor with taking the cities. However, each time I take a city, it dimishes down to a 1 or 2pop city. SO if I keep it I have a size 2 city. And If I raze it, I raze a size 2 city, so no reborn. Am I missing something in the mechanics ?

-I thought that the emperor reborn could convert defeated units into reborn. Well I "only" got one unit converted, and not as a reborn, but as a normal unit. I have to mitigate this because My emporor reborn had few combat opportunities has he was so slow :D

-having the martyrs of patria being dependant on god-king is kinda hard on the civ. It means that getting back alcinus is hard otherwise, and that assassins are not only less numerous than for other civs, but further the are limited to a civic choice and further, most often they die, even if victorious :( snif.

- Does the limit for awakened apparition depends on awakened that came or on city size ? I had no more awakened counter at turn 229... but I don't remember having had an awakened appear just before the counter disapeared.
I have size 15+8+8+7 cities = 38 pop in total. I had 7 reborn or so (3 from council+2 from spell from the council member, + 1from event +1built) (+ 5awakened built in capital plus the first awakened at civ start) total 13 awakened/reborn that shouldn't count toward the limit.

Is an awakened limit of 25 normal for a standard size map normal speed ? (it is kinda low).

just adding two things :
-I have a ctd when I press "end turn" after having the last civ capitulate to me. (or ctd during loading when I load saves that were saved after forcing this last capitulation)

- when I give back their cities to the civ that capitulates, sometime one city cannot be liberated. And I continue with a city maked "(bannor)" or "(sheaim)" but I can't liberate it.
(I didn't have this issue in the game before that one but I was playing the svn dev version 284) (I still can't install the dev version 288).

here is the last save before capitulation (you have to enter in negociation with the sheaim and ask for capitulation, then press end turn) ; the quicksave was done after capitulation but before end turn.

I know you

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    426.1 KB · Views: 238
  • RifE 1.31 Scions victory.CivBeyondSwordSave
    425.7 KB · Views: 235
Well,
I'll be doing a feedback on the scions :

Playing the public svn version.
nice scions !
- I have trouble with the charlatan promotion (playing the usurper hero) ...indeed, I don't understand How to take the "combat training" promotion. It seems I must have already one of the 3 metal promotion + warfare + charlatan to take the promotion. As charlatan comes to disciples and arcane, As none of those ever get metal promotion and As the aim of "combat training" is to get "combat ready" which allows to get metal weapons promotion... I think that either I don't understand the training promotion or there is a bug.
Your SVN revision is out of date. That leader has been removed. Which is a shame, because I liked him, but one of the reasons was that, like you, people were finding Xivan's mechanics too obtuse.

-having the martyrs of patria being dependant on god-king is kinda hard on the civ. It means that getting back alcinus is hard otherwise, and that assassins are not only less numerous than for other civs, but further the are limited to a civic choice and further, most often they die, even if victorious :( snif. If it makes you feel better, they suck, and so does Alcinus.

Is an awakened limit of 25 normal for a standard size map normal speed ? (it is kinda low). There is a limit on how many awakened you can get. I forget the details, but the chance of getting an awakened will get lower and lower until it hits 0. Then you'll have to settle for Reborn alone. I tend to put most of my awakened in my capital, and use the God-King hammer bonus to build lots of Reborn.

- when I give back their cities to the civ that capitulates, sometime one city cannot be liberated. And I continue with a city maked "(bannor)" or "(sheaim)" but I can't liberate it. The (bannor) and (sheaim) labels aren't because those cities want to be liberated. It's because Xivan has the trait "Conqueror". I think Decius has it as well. It's basically the Tolerant trait that the Elohim have, and means you can build Bannor and Sheaim units. It was moved because it encouraged the Elohim to be war-like, which was silly.

I know youWe know you know us knowing you.

Aaaand I need to put something here so that I can actually post. Hi.

I like your response A_moon, But I think you answer only few of the specific points I brought forth ^^

-for the leader and charlatan : I understood perfectly the mechanics but there seems to be a bug. The svn revision is up to date for the public version. maybe for the dev svn I'm out of date, but the dev version is buggy for me.

-for the martyrs : ok.
-for the awakened : I know of the limit.. but a limit of 25 seems to be very low for a normal speed, standard map . And before the counter disapeared, I had a 26 % chance of an awakened appearing.... not one appeared during a few 10 turns then, no more counter.

-For the (bannor) and (sheaim) cities, I know it is due to Xivan being tolerant,. but I told it as it is proof I took them from someone and what annoy me is that I can't give them back... I hate it. I would have razed them had I known ! :D

I like your response A_moon, But I think you answer only few of the specific points I brought forth ^^ I answered the ones I could.

-for the leader and charlatan : I understood perfectly the mechanics but there seems to be a bug. The svn revision is up to date for the public version. maybe for the dev svn I'm out of date, but the dev version is buggy for me. My mistake. Watch this space until the newest public one is released then.

-for the awakened : I know of the limit.. but a limit of 25 seems to be very low for a normal speed, standard map . And before the counter disapeared, I had a 26 % chance of an awakened appearing.... not one appeared during a few 10 turns then, no more counter. Then yes, there is a hard limit. Like I said, try founding a few cities you need, then using your 20 population capital to dominate everything.

-For the (bannor) and (sheaim) cities, I know it is due to Xivan being tolerant,. but I told it as it is proof I took them from someone and what annoy me is that I can't give them back... I hate it. I would have razed them had I known ! :D Can't you use the trade screen?

Blablablabla cabbage.

duh...
I know.
I was just saying that a limit of 25 IS small ! for a world of standard size, even if it is erebus_continent ! (i read that the limit was around 20 for duel size and 70 for huge map : thus 25 for standard seems small ! even 30 is; a mean would mean that the limit for standard map should be around 40-50 depending on land area, not 25!)
and I was wondering if the reborn, by mistake, might have been counted in the pool of appearing awakened. that would make a limit of 30-35 that might be a little better but then ther would be a bug.
My remark was NOT about the existence of the limit.

second remark @ A_Moon, It seems you can't give cities to your vassals if they weren't theirs before the war. and I'm pretty sure that i've seen a bannor settler found one of the cities I can't give back so no "I can't liberate it because the bannor didn't found it or took it from the barbs" non-sense.

Like I said, the limit is based on land area and population size. There is nothing in that that specifies it only counts spawned awakened, rather than reborn or captured/built awakened. ;)

Sorry for not being clear (on my phone), but it is the total population that counts, not simply the 25 you spawned. It's not a bug either; there simply isn't any code that tracks solely the number of awakened spawned, nor should there be. By constructing reborn early you bolster your economy sooner than if relying on spawns alone, but in turn simply hasten the spawn cutoff.

okay, I understand :D
TY valkrionn.

so i've got a question : did the cities I captured (1-2 pop per city, something like 17 cities, 20-30 pop), then gave back to their owners, counted for the limit ? or is it the current city size that count ? what if I got to the limit, then I give/lose some big cities... will the awakened generation reappear ?
secondly : So maybe I could have kept the reborn /awakened without settling them... until I had more awakened apparition ? or do the "live" awakened/reborn also count toward the limit along with the total pop ?

so then A strategic comment is to found the dark council after the counter disappeared and not before, unless you want the boost earlier.

well, in any cases, thanks valk for the constructive information :D

A humble last request:

Would it be possible to give a small review about what changes were planed for 1.4?
There were always some pieces scattered around several topics but never "the whole picture" (or I'm stupid and/or blind).

Why are my request always being ignored? :(

Well ... there was/is/would/will be
new magic system,
reworked civs,
reworked revised and added some unit lines ( archer line, melee line, etc ),
added new alignment axis,
reworked religions,
added several new mechanics (but idk whether i can talk about these, since they can be migrated to Eiten),
some kind of faith system,
reworked trait gaining,
reworked hell terrain (mechanics),
reworked improvements,
reworked lairs,
reworked resources,
reworked heroes,
reworked techtree

For one, I'm typically on my phone so linking other posts is difficult. For another, many of the designs are still going to be used in some form (typically just on the mechanical side), and involved extensive DLL work to make happen.

Well ... there was/is/would/will be
new magic system,
reworked civs,
reworked revised and added some unit lines ( archer line, melee line, etc ),
added new alignment axis,
reworked religions,
added several new mechanics (but idk whether i can talk about these, since they can be migrated to Eiten),
some kind of faith system,
reworked trait gaining,
reworked hell terrain (mechanics),
reworked improvements,
reworked lairs,
reworked resources,
reworked heroes,
reworked techtree

Reading all this, makes me even more sad :(

Top Bottom