Ideologies and Culture

If religion is tied with ideology, it would be a great way to boost everything anyway... It would be fun to have some religions be more akin with, say, Order on a Liberty nation generating pressure and unhappiness...

Does anyone know if happiness penalties is the primary disadvantage for having an inferior culture/ideology to another civ? In the RPS interview, that's how the cookie seemed to crumble. I hope this expansion changes the AI's inherent enormous happiness benefits, as this new system would be very disappointing without this fix.

With in the information in this Eurogamer.de article (it's in German) I think I get what's going on with Ideology and Social Policies.

The Social Policy screen still has 10 slots as before. There are now 9 Social Policy trees (Tradition, Liberty, Honor, Piety, Patronage, Rationalism, Commerce, Exploration and Aesthetics), and the 10th tree is for your chosen Ideology. You choose one of the three Ideology options (starting with the Industrial Age, presumably): Freedom, Order or Autocracy. Each Ideology has a three-tiered set of 12 to 15 policies called Tenets that can be purchased (apparently with Culture) similar to Social Policies. There is a prerequisite number of Tenets required to advance from one tier to the next, but the requirements are not specific as in Social Policies; within a tier, you can choose any Tenet that you want.

Top Bottom