If China and Russia went to war next year

Who would you be 'up' for?

• Russia

Votes: 89 63.1%
  • China

Votes: 52 36.9%

• Total voters
Really? China has serious human rights, animal rights and extreme environmental destruction issues.

BUT

Russia has mafias, Neo-Nazis, Cold War Soviet supporters and so on.

The choice is easy. Plus Australia's economy is much more dependent on the Chinese.

Bast Ireland has neo-nazis, cold war Soviet supporters (like me) and mafias... practically every country on Earth has those issues, why do you highlight them in Russias case and not Chinas? Actually every accusation you made at both countries can be made to the other

Russia would have my sword.

Chicoms :thumbsdown:

Even though I would not expect Russia to have the US's back if we went to war with China. Perhaps in 10-20 years, after the KGB is not so powerful. If you polled Russia, I bet it would be overwhelmingly anti-US and even pro-China on the same question.

Well, draw your own conclusion :p

do you want to answer my post at the bottom of the last page? when do you think the long hoped for collapse is going to happen? Soon enough, presumeably as you dont make long term geopolitical predictions

You have no sense of the basic philosophy of Chinese foreign policy then; it will clearly not be an aggressive action that brings Siberia into the fold. The Chinese are better at shifting influence under the table, like what has happened in many parts of Africa.

:lol:
The chinese made one big attempt to "get influence" in Africa, during the 1970s. The fools actually believed they could export their so-called "revolutionary ideology" there (apparently it was mostly a piss contest with the USSR). It failed miserably. Since then they've maintained a low profile, and equally low influence.

Geography matters a lot when it comes to influence. The russians are right to be worried about chinese ambitions. But that is not even over Siberia, it's about Central Asia, the only corner of the earth with lots of natural resources and still up for grabs. Or why do you think the US invaded Afghanistan? There's a three-way power struggle there, with lesser players also meddling.

Poor guys from Central Asia, the deserts were bad enough, but they were also cursed with oil and gas.

As for Siberia, it fell into Russia hands, and barring a real implosion of the russian state that won't change.

I agree, thats all only about possibility. If Comm Chinese would find way to take Central Asia, they will do it.

I vote for China. I don't really see them starting a war with any large nations, while Russia has made threats that even included nuclear options. Russia is clearly more aggressive and more willing to fight a powerful nation. Most of my complaints about China are internal. The Chinese are usually much more sane when it comes to dealing with other superpowers.

Damn, that is a difficult question. If it was a street fight between, say, Chinese and Russian gangs, or a football match or smth like that, I would support Russians, of course. We share much with them. We share nothing with Chinese. Blood comes first, as alcal said.

But I don't want to imagine what would start happening on international level, when current Russian administration would really be able to beat China in any decisive way...

I vote for a stalemate which would result in overthrowing of current regimes in both countries and installation of more peaceful and democratic ideologies.

Yes i have to admit slavic girls are very hot, they have something of special, but i don't know what. :lol:

Just an observation. But i find Russian women having the best of both the Eastern and Western look. And Eurasian does look the best IMHO :D

Russia would have my sword.

Chicoms :thumbsdown:

Even though I would not expect Russia to have the US's back if we went to war with China. Perhaps in 10-20 years, after the KGB is not so powerful. If you polled Russia, I bet it would be overwhelmingly anti-US and even pro-China on the same question.

I'd support USA if China attacks them. Though I can't imagine such scenario.

i DEMAND an answer.

They both have nukes and it would be suicide for both of them to go to war.
I don't think they have said publicly that they have missile defense shields, but who knows maybe they do. If they do it will come down to that.

Winner, if you can tell me 5 things you like about Russia and issues you agree with them on thin I will stop calling you a Russophobe

- I admire Russian space programme
- I admire Russian resilience
- I admire Russian cultural achievments, in literature and fine arts mostly
- I admire Russian scientific achievments, Russian contribution to natural sciences has been VERY significant and Russia has produced some of the greatest minds mankind has ever seen
- I like Russian humour, it's as cynical and black as the Czech
- I agree with Russia that Kosovo should be a part of Serbia
- I respect Russian ice-hockey
- And of course, Russians are fellow Slavs so there is some default sympathy for them encoded in my genes :)

People, stop torturing Winner. That's terrible.

I don't think they have said publicly that they have missile defense shields, but who knows maybe they do. If they do it will come down to that.

We have an old and rusty missile shield around Moscow.

I would be up for neither side winning. From a realist perspective, nobody coming out ahead would be the best for the USA. Both would be weakened yet not destroyed. This would assure American dominance for decades more.

Wait a minute, neither side winning would be the result no matter what happens on the field of battle. If China pushes deep into Siberia, Russia would use nukes. Likewise if Russia pushed deep into Manchuria.

do you want to answer my post at the bottom of the last page? when do you think the long hoped for collapse is going to happen? Soon enough, presumeably as you dont make long term geopolitical predictions

The only one talking about collapses, massives crises, violent upheavals etc. etc. on this forum is you. You're the one who thinks that everything must happen with a big bang to caught the attention of all the ignorants.

I never used the same quasi-logic. Russian decline is a continuous process. We have all the signs anybody with a brain and capability to use it needs to make this conclusion: economy is dependant on export of raw materials, the popupation is facing a demographic catastrophy which is going to kill a lot of young and perspective Russians who are desperately needed, the regime is getting more and more oppressive and authoritarian, the military is getting more and more obsolete, Russian geopolitical position is worsening and the country is becoming more and more isolated.

I could continue and write another 10 pages of that, but obviously it wouldn't help since you already made your decision - you simply know better and the facts are all wrong. And when the situation is too overwhelming, you can just say that I am a Russophobe so all the facts I am presenting don't count :lol:

You know what? Find someone else for your silly games, I have better things to do :p

Top Bottom