If You Could Change One Thing

If I could change something in Civ 5 then it would be to get rid of all the historical leaders and replace it with a feature that allows players to create their own leader's looks and attributes. If you want Alexander the Great then you can build him yourself, if you want someone else then you can build him or her, you can build anyone your imagination can dream of. Of course, there would be a whole slew of premade leaders.

I like that. I'd really enjoy being able to make Emperor Me.

I'd tell them to do a better effort with the languages that the leaders speak, not that I care that much but if you're gonna bother doing it at all at least do the job properly.

The Tech Tree. Physics on the Medieval Era as a military tech allowing Trebs is <wrong>. There's nothing more Renaissance than Physics. You don't remember the <person> who invented the trebuchet. You remember Newton. Scientific Theory -> Physics (Galileo -> Newton) was perfect.

Moderator Action: Language edited.

Make players pay a dollar every time they log into Steam. :satan:

The Civ games are made in the USA, so it's understandable that they are "americanized" (whatever it means).

It is understandable ( or maybe not ... not sure of the sales numbers, but I would say that Civ games probably sell more out of the US than in ), but it does not mean it is a good thing ;) Atleast that has been decreasing with the versions ...

I would like to see the addition of Not So Great People (NSGP).
For Example: John Wayne Gacy who goes around your civ and kills new units and buries them under your city. The good thing is that if your city is captured, their ghosts have a Fright promotion that can scare the enemy units away.

I would love many, many leaders. At least three for each Civ if need be. Just to add that extra flavour. I loved BtS just for the sheer numbers... The 'new' leaders at that point were great. Pericles and Justinian anyone?

i'd wish

The traditional original music back, Shining path(Civ: I,II,III,IV),Augustus Rise(Civ:I,II,IV),etc...

or

The boudica with the celts :D

or

Leaders's clothes changes by the era : O !

BTW, I strongly doubt Boudicca was "hot" in real life.

I suppose I would ask them to put additional effort in the advisors and other civilizations' leaders. They should dress according to the era they are in. I really liked this feature in Civilization I, II and III.

Exactly how I feel. :sad:

It gave the game more depth and customization.

I always thought of it as a crucial part of the game, part of the "simulation".
Civ IV really shocked me at first, but as there were no real advisors and the leaders were only heads... it didn't matter that much.
Now we got to deal with dancing nude tribesmen as political leaders while nuking their cities with atomic bombs and fighting off their helicopters or we see Napoleons white jacket and ornamented horse saddle while running around in rags, learning how to use the wheel. <.<

Top Bottom