1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Immaculate NES Five: Blood From A Stone

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Immaculate, Aug 19, 2011.

1. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

in a bit. :)

2. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

orders are written and can be launched as soon as negotiations with Japan are finished

3. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Might be slightly late sorry. My lectures start this week things are so hectic.

4. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

BANTU UBUNTU ORDERS SENT!​

Hehe, couldn't resist.
    EDIT: Does it fit better?

5. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

I got overwhelmed with readings... Alot of them. and I need sleep before 8:30 class. Hopefully orders after that... I'm sorry if they're slightly late.

Archaeology of Hunter Gatherers + Historical Archaeology. readings galore.

6. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Terrance: yes.

7. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Theoretic Revolutionaries Revolution

Spoiler :
    “Ok, ok,” Energy Commissioner A. Kibaki said “I’ll grant you that, but still, don’t you think-”

“Thinking doesn’t have anything to do with it!” Representative Kiodapi said interrupted, “the fact is that suddenly attempting to declare ourselves a democracy and hold elections will not work!”

“And why the hell not? Hmm? We almost all agree that the plans we have drawn up are good, so why can’t we use them?” Elected Representative Jhoudpari of Mwanza said from his smug democratically-elected seat. “If we can agree on this, sudden it be quick to implement?”

“Not really, no.” Dr. Zakharov said with a sigh. He had hoped to have seen the last of the council almost three years ago, but had since been given a permanent position as “Science advisor”, which today meant explaining why they couldn’t just declare a major political restructuring. “For one thing, you need to give the people time to prepare for an election, which in the old world was often most of a year, sometimes more. Then you have the concerns about voting infrastructure-”

“Isn’t that just giving people a place to put a checkmark on a piece of paper?” someone asked.

“Well, yes, as long as you don’t mind not being certain of the number of voters, let alone the identities of legal voters, which prevents people from voting multiple times. Then you have the issue of security, to prevent people from, say, opening the box and placing of bunch of homemade ballots, or stealing the one for a specific person, or special interest groups from threatening or buying voters. And, of course you then have counting the ballots-”

“Yes, ok, we get the idea.” T. Kibaki said, glancing over at his cousin. The dragging of her dreams of reform was wearing on her, and Thomas couldn’t blame her. He had though they were onto something, even after it took week to agree on what sort of government they would have.

Eventually, they had decided to adopt a Federal Semi-Presidential Parliamentary system. When the reforms were finally implemented, people would have three elections in rapid succession, with most areas having four: direct election for a president; single-seat constituency elections for a leading party and prime minister; elections for provincial leaders (by default for parties who selected a premier, but each province would have the right to a different style); finally, most of the country would be divided into departments, whose elected leaders would have little role beyond electing members of the senate, but with many being merged with various mayoral, tribal, county and similar positions. Meanwhile, the existing Council would be transferred into a public advisory council with elements of a direct democracy, so that anybody who showed up could make proposals that, based on the decisions of the Council, maybe be voted up to the Parliament or Senate.

The system had surprisingly not, surprisingly, been designed as a nightmare for the people tasked with organizing the reforms (Zakharov and Thomas Kibaki), but as a result of the “intent of the revolution”, which in this case meant what had been intended by a scattered group of people ranging from anarchists to near fascists, all with generally only broad ideas what they wanted, let alone every other group. The new system was meant to rectify the fact that most of the council had not been elected by the “common people”, and instead where just people who had shown up, sometimes at the suggestion of others, or where selected by other council members to fill what they saw as gaps in the council coverage.

“Ok, so, Dr. Zakharov, when do you think we will be able to start implementing these changes?” T. Kibaki asked.

“Well, I would say we should wait until the next planning cycle, send spend the time until then doing things like working out the fine details, establishing political parties, doing a proper voter-census and the such. How does that sound?”

Thomas glanced at his cousin, who had slumped further in her seat. Nearly two more years? “Very well, Dr. Zahkarov, if that’s what you think is best.”

“Well, since no one else really seems to have any better, more functional plans, yes, I do think it is for the best.”

“Very well, we will hold the elections for now. Also, on the subject of alternate plans, where is Ms. Skye?”

“Um,” began a council aid, stepping forward “she (somehow) accidentally locked herself in coatroom E, and we are having... ahh...” a glance at Col. Santiago, who nodded slightly “slight difficulty getting her out, but I think we will have her in just a few minutes.”

“Well, we’re done for the day,” said Thomas standing, “so I’m certain you will figure it very shortly.”

Planed Federal governmen plan.
    Spoiler :

8. ChiefDesigner

ChiefDesigner Sunset Emperor

Orders either late tonight or early tomorrow.

Waiting on some diplo to clear.

Also, the people I've been talking to in PMs should check them...

9. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

To: Iberia
    From Maghreb Union

We accept a 6 year (3 turn, including this one) NAP.

10. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Orders should be in tonight, stories ASAP.

To: Maghreb Union

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

11. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

My orders are going to have to be in tomorrow sorry too drunk and tired right now/.

12. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

@Immac, I plan to get orders in this turn. They may not get in until tomorrow, but I am beginning the process of writing them now. If you will still accept orders tomorrow evening, then I should be able to get mine in.

13. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Ya know, some of the causes for these delays are one thing, but are just rediculous! Everyone know orders take priority over stupid things, like, say, everyone in your town falling victim to SCP-008 and trying to kill and eat you. ORDERS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN SURVIVAL!!

14. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Diplomatic screens.
    The solution is obvious.

15. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

But not SCIENCE!

Late orders soon :blush:

On the flip side I'm not really interacting with anyone.

16. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

I'll interact with you! :love:

(apologies for not sending last night :()

17. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

i'll still accept late orders for a bit but i'd rather they get in on time obviously.

18. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

I'm in the midst of writing a thesis so I'll try as hard as I can to get them in.

19. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

I need to write a report on Prometheus, but I'll try to do this asap.

20. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

There is now room in my inbox- sorry peeps.