Immaculate NES Five: Blood From A Stone

To: The United Corporatist Commonwealth of Russia

Date: May 15th 2100

Subject: Invitation to Further Diplomacy

This diplomatic memo is in reference to our interest to entice further communications between our two nations.

As you may be aware, our countries share similar political ideas. To promote synergy, efficiency, and record profits we extend a hardy hand shake to you and your commonwealth.

Shall we discuss the possibilities of capitalizing on our unique competitive advantages.

A Trade Pact involving
- Allowing and or Promoting Joint Ventures, Licensing, and other FDI between our two countries.
- Breaking down of barriers to trade and investment through reform of our mutual regulations, tariffs, import/export quotas, and upholding of one another IP protection laws.

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Signed,

Chairman Ulric

The Bureau of Public Information

Welcomes You to Moscow
Moscow is the largest city in the United Corporatist Commonwealth of Russia, the seat of national government, and therefore where the Board of Directors gather to decide the affairs of the nation, as stated in the National Constitution of the Second October Revolution, "... for the shareholders and by the shareholders". Moscow has various scenic locations available for viewing for the discerning tourist. While after The Troubles, many nations have discarded tourism altogether, thanks to the will of the shareholders, Moscow remains open to sightseers and travelers alike. Moscow is, in addition to the capital of the United Commonwealth, the regional seat of the Muscovy District. This illustrious history of national and regional administration has allowed for the creation of a large governmental edifice, both modern and historic, within the city. Old Soviet bloc, Federation-era, and even some imperial governmental structures have survived the ages, and indeed The Troubles, and are available for public tour. Of course, Moscow boasts a large commercial section, with shops ranging from basic goods to luxury items.

THINGS TO SEE
-Modern government offices (when not in use)
-Historic government facilities (8AM - 8PM weekdays)
-The Kremlin
-Kremlin Giftshop
-Kremlin Amusement Park
-Kremlin Stadium
-Art deco Kremlin, postmodernist Kremlin, postpostmodernist Kremlin, deconstruction of the Kremlin, reconstruction of the Kremlin, mini Kremlin, McDonald's Kremlin
-Shops and stores
-The glorious seat of the United Commonwealth
-Cowbell
-More cowbell

Despite the glories of Moscow's downtown, the Bureau of Public Information encourages you to avoid the North and East Quarters, where crime, usury, and general public discontent is a continuing issue. Tourists should avoid giving to beggars, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, or otherwise aiding and abetting the decay of society. If tourists are adamant about entering the North and East Quarters, they should obey all laws, regulations and mandates set down by Civil Defense. Public riots, unlawful demonstrations or any other kind of illegal behavior by the residents of the North and East Quarters will be responded to with all necessary force. Civil Defense is authorized by the Board of Directors to employ lethal force where it is determined necessary, therefore all tourists should avoid being within the vicinity of illegal activity by undesirables. Civil Defense are easily recognizable by their colorful gas masks, bright flashy uniforms, and loyalty to the shareholders!

Civil Defense forces enforcing the will of the shareholders

Other sites to see in Moscow include the East Quarter's historic industrial parks, center of the driving force of industry that empowers the Russian people, and employment for the poor and destitute. Various goods are manufactured and produced here, where the people labor in the betterment of their nation. Various industrial magnates that own property within the parks form the backbone of the nation's shareholders, and even more are members of the Board of Directors. Russian industry is tied integrally to the fabric of the Russian nation, and its citizens are proud to be a part of the glorious industrial, national endeavor. Various detractors of industry claim that the smog emitted by Moscow's factories has a negative effect on human health, but the Bureau of Public Information is glad to declaim these false accusations. Industrial "waste", a byproduct of the glorious capitalist endeavor, is in fact a boost to the health of the human immune system, as well as to the health of the lungs and heart. We call it "Progress Smog".

Progress Smog(TM) -- breathe it in, it's good for you!

As discussed previously, Moscow boasts an impressive financial and commercial district. All forms of services can be bought and sold here, in the city center. The glorious work of capitalism is on display for all to see, epitomized in the wealth and prosperity of the Russian people who work in and own the businesses of the city center. Merchants accept all forms of currency in varying degrees, thanks to the great economic and trade influence of the United Commonwealth. As they say, "To Moscow I came, seeking fortune! But they're making me [redacted]". The Bureau of Private Information and Censorship is also [redacted] in the [redacted] next to the [pretty soon you're going to regret getting involved in things that don't concern you].

The Bureau of Private Information and Censorship

There is of course, Moscow's famous night scene. Various bars and clubs make up the world-renowned night life of the city, as well as an equally-famed comedy circuit. Ivan Ysenki shows us how it's done in this famous quote, "... Isn't if funny how wonderful the United Commonwealth is, and how well the Board of Directors manages our internal and external affairs? Haha! You may laugh now." Yes, Moscow is a center of activity and energy in the United Commonwealth, and throughout the world. We are glad you have chosen to visit this historic city, capital of this great nation. On behalf of the Board of Directors, the shareholders, and the people of this great nation, the Bureau of Public Information thanks you.

To: California

The Board of Directors deems your offer beneficial. We will contact you as to the details.

OOC: We have no coal, silly LoE.

Damnit, how did I miss this- thanks alot vacation :(.. Quebec or atlantica if they're open.. (quebe is prefered)

Welcome California, Quebec.

And nice stories so far... thanks JG and LoE.

To: Quebec

We at Crosshairs Corporation wish to extend a hand of friendship to Quebec, but we do worry. In these trying times many are proposing wild experiments with Communism and other forms of treachery. We hope that the people of Quebec do not see evil in profit, because we at Crosshairs hope to profit alongside the people of Quebec.

Please note:

Writing Orders

Write orders in whatever format works for you but please remember
1) to include your stats,
2) clearly outline your spending,
3) that you can only spend your ‘banked’ funds and not your ‘income’,
4) that if you are involved in war, you should include the division of your forces, what units are present in what theatre (include a map if you like)
5) to limit your orders to one private message (that means that if you make amendments to your orders, you submit the whole thing, with amendments as one message so i can find all your orders in one place)

Chen 'Open' To Lifting State Of Emergency
Liangan Ribao, 1/12/2100

In his weekly address today, Generalissimo Chen Wenjian discussed the
state of emergency that has been in effect almost continuously since
2038. Chen noted that last year, two TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor
Manufacturing Company) fabrication plants at the Hsinchu Science Park
reopened, resuming production of high-efficiency solar panels.
Futhermore, both rice and sugar cane production have reached nearly
one-third of peak Expansion levels, and that due largely to last
year's record fish catch, the commercial fishing industry now
represents more than twenty percent of ROC GDP, concentrated in the
Jianghu Sea around Pudong Reef.

Following the achievement of agricultural self-sufficiency,
Generalissimo Chen turned to politics. Stating that "democracy cannot
be built on an empty stomach," Chen proposed a seven-phase "roadmap to
self-government," beginning with the organization of political parties
in one year's time. Local and regional elections would be held in two
years, with elections for the Legislative Yuan scheduled for 2105. At
that time, the Legislative Yuan would be expected to select a new
president and adjust the Temporary Law as situations warrant. Chen
further invited democracy activists to meet to discuss the state of
the Chinese polity and the continued expansion of democratic reform.

When asked during a military review about the new roadmap, Chen
commented that while growing up in Taiwan, Chiang Ching-kuo was
considered an exemplary ruler for his committment to education and
political reform, as well as his dedication to the people. Chen
concluded that in politics, he remained the pupil, while Chiang
remained the teacher.

Edradour cupped in hand, Douglas turned, from the band playing 'Caledonia', to his friends "Look, its very simply, some of those Gaian movement people are religious. They take anything that proves detrimental to the environment as something to be stamped out," noticing Fionia's frown he continued "I'm not saying that they are all like that, simply that they seem to ignore that the promise that Communalism was meant to give was a comfortable life that wouldn't overly harm the environment. At the moment we barely survive, hardly getting by and these people still think that we live a decadent life! I can promise you that we can live better than this and still look after the environment."

Georgie responded with a simple "Fortress World" Fiona and a few others nodded their head in agreement. It was a simple argument; the former nations of the CCU had tried to show that market forces could produce an environmental economy based on renewable energy. The hope had been to show the way to a transition on how nations thought about energy and the environment, but the rest of the world ignored their example, destroyed the climate and their shining example had been swallowed by the catastrophes that surrounded them. Eventually what had arisen was a world withdrawn and lead by powerful individuals, dictators, oligarchs and so on. Sometimes it seemed that democracy was to be lost to this new world.

Douglas sighed a quiet sigh. "Yes, the world has changed for the worse, but that does not mean we should withdraw from the world, if anything we need to engage more with these nations. We need to show that you can be competitive and protect the environment. Look the end goal of Communalism is World government, everyone able to participate for the betterment of all?" Some nods, a few approving looks, "Then we need to show that others should copy us want to be like us, that's how the Americans won the Cold War and that's how we'll get people to help us save the planet. Not shrinking up and shutting down factories and dams and getting smaller and smaller and more insignificant, no by pushing forward, that way leads to a future for us and for Communalism!"

N.B: Essentially I see the fringes of the gaian movement as almost fanatical and religious about the need to save the planet, stopping just short of eliminating people (JUST SHORT, and even then some people...) The mainstream of the Gaian movement finds itself in a lot of the regulatory framework, working because they are concerned and helping that way. Furthermore I see the Fringe of the Gaian movement as part of the older generation, those who witnessed the Collapse of the Gulf stream and who survived the process, worried that everything they do is going to make things WORSE. Whilst the newer generation have come into the world as it is and want to improve their lot in it.

sorry, would you like me to fix that?

yes please- it makes updating much much easier if all orders are in one place. i am much less likely to forget anything.

EDIT: and excellent story-telling. These nations are starting to really come alive.

Prime Minister Kim Chun Hwa sat in the meeting room looking over reports while waiting for the rest of the cabinet to arrive. The reports were as they had been for the last several months. Korea was on the edge, not over it yet, but definitely on the edge. The door opened and Chun Hwa looked up and nodded a greeting to the Minister of Health, Song Wook Jeong. Minister Song walked in nodded politely to the Prime Minister and took her place at the meeting table.

“Good morning Prime Minister.” Intoned Minister Song in a light voice so at odds with her muscular well maintained physique. She had at one time been a general in the Medical Corps and was manic about keeping in shape. Prime Minister Kim was always reminded he needed to work a bit harder to maintain his own physique than he used to when she was around.

“I was just looking over the recent reports regarding food supply. Are we really that close to being unable to feed the people?” Prime Minister Kim gently waved a small pile of papers at Minister Song.

“Short answer?” The Prime Minister looked at his clock and nodded. “Yes we are that close.”

“Do you have a plan? Because lets face it feeding the people and military take precedence over other considerations ultimately.” Asked Prime Minister Kim.

“Of course, we have several options some more palatable than others. We could always reduce the military, but that is obviously not a real option at this time.” Minister Song chuckled and they both smiled because like everyone else in the cabinet they had all been at least lower lever generals or admirals in the military. “On a more serious note we are planning to explore new methods in agriculture and aquaculture to try and improve the food situation. We feel that increasing the supply will also alleviate some of the resentment of the freemen.” Prime Minister Kim nodded in understanding. As he began to reply the door opened again and Minister of Military Affairs, Yi Yoon Myung, and the Minister of Society, Moon Kyung Wook, entered and sat after politely acknowledging the Prime Minister’s presence. “Hello friends, we were just discussing the food situation and the slight but growing unrest in the freeman population, thoughts.”

“Sir, yes there is one I have regarding the freeman unrest.” Prime Minister Kim motioned for Minister Yi to continue. “We could increase the citizenship to include the police forces.” Everyone at the table stared in surprise for a moment, and Minister Yi smiled to acknowledge the surprise of his colleagues. “Yes I know it must be a shock to hear the idea from one of the Red Phoenix party such as myself, but our party leadership have contemplated the issue and realized that the police force, while not on the front line, could be easily considered as putting their lives on the line everyday to maintain the peace of Korea. Since that is the very argument for why you need military service to gain the right to vote…” Minister Yi shrugged.

“I don’t know, that sounds premature. The unrest is not severe, and much of it can be traced back to the food rationing.” Prime Minister Kim began to continue but stopped as Minister Moon raised her hand slightly and Prime Minister Kim ceded the moment to her.

“Honestly the Ministry of Society had not considered expanding the citizenship requirements. The closest we have come is lower the service period from ten to eight years. But Minster Yi may have a valid idea. Especially if we consider the police as an emergency militia force for the military in an emergency, which is honestly one of the things they are.” Minister Moon paused and then continued when no one seemed to voice a question. “They would need to serve the ten years as if they were in the military and we would need to increase their training a bit to include more military drill.” She shrugged.

“Okay so prepare a study on reclassifying domestic police, which would increase the routes to full citizenship, and remind the freemen that while they cannot vote, they do have all the other rights which in this day and age places them much higher than almost all our neighbors, hell most of the world and those rights and protections are due to the military.” The three ministers nodded. “Well then shall we have a quick break while we await the rest of the cabinet and tackle more issues for the betterment of Korea?”

To: CCU

Would you care to sign an alliance with us?

I can't find the Turkish stats. Halp? And who exactly are the Blighted Ones the Sunni are referring to?

At a guess radiation exposure victims and/or their decendants.

I was under the impression this was not a fallout game, but an energy/food crisis game.

I was under the impression this was not a fallout game, but an energy/food crisis game.

There were wars over energy and food. I haven't read through all the history yet but it is possible nuclear weapons may have been used to a small scale. However, you are correct that this isn't a nuclear Armageddon but more of a dark age, somewhat similar to the medieval dark age in cause. Civilization collapsed, we are now in the middle/stable period of the dark age.

Yeah I'm not talking ghouls, more like genetic defects, mental ******ation etc...

I don't recall nuclear weapons being used in the history, but still those with defects would pretty much die first.

There was nuclear war in India and Pakistan, maybe in China, I can't remember. Thats why most of the internal Factions for nations in India have fallout as a concern.

Top Bottom