Imperium OffTopicum: The Quest for Supremacy

Softlock

Mike Perry Orders

1. Declare myself running for class president! (I can still do that, right?) A vote for Mike is a vote for eating worms!

2. Chat about eating worms with Owen. (Recruit Owen)

3. Chat about having a cool name with Boris (Recruit Boris)

1. Insist to the counselor that nothing is wrong; after all, we didn't know Emily very well, did we? We...didn't really know anyone that well, come to think of it. But that's alright. It'll be okay.
2. Show the counselor some of the pretty pictures we have drawn. DBZ is pretty great, isn't it?

Hardlock

It had been a busy lunchtime for Miss Kendal. She had been trying to sort out some paperwork to do with Emily, she'd been trying to deal with what she'd been hearing about Olivia and Yavor, and Roberto had been pestering her about something to do with Potatoes. By the time Charlotte had arrived she had little patience for listening to more pupils wining about other pupils.

By lunch was over she was flustered and slightly annoyed. All of this exacerbated by the fact that one of her pupils was dead. She really needed a holiday.

However there's no rest for teachers, as she was going down the register Emily was not the only conspicuous absence. Minnie was nowhere to be seen.

On the playground that lunch there had also been much contention. Jeremiah had been championing the idea that they should all vote for Emily for the representative in her memory. He had attracted many people with this idea however Priscilla and her agents had been targeting students to bring them in line with the idea that she should be the representative. Priscilla has already grown a large supporter base among the other students however McKayla has also been slowly growing a group of friends - mostly gamers - who think that she should be the next representative.

The back and forth debating was however interpreted as Johnny rode into the debating hall on a great dinosaur. Once the playground was finally called to order once again everyone looked to Minnie to comment on the adventurous antics of Johnny. Unfortunately she was conspicuously absent - probably off on another of her adventures throughout the school.

Wednesday

Miss Kendal entered the staff room that morning not entirely eager for another day at the school. However an unexpected surprise awaited her there. Mr Appleby in that same green tie he wore everyday came up to her with a smile on his face. "I just got a phone call from Emily's parents, seems like she starting to recover!"

Miss Kendal furrowed her brow. "I thought she was dead?" she said.

"Not at all!" He sat her down on one of the couches and put the kettle on. "From what they said she fell into critical condition from about 11AM yesterday morning. None of the doctors could tell what it was, her respiratory system was shutting down. The doctors thought it might be something to wrong with her brain, but apparently they were just quite clueless, it wasn't anything that they knew."

"But that's impossible!" Miss Kendal said "I got a note yesterday break-time from her parents saying she had died!"

Update 3 - Wednesday Break Time

When Miss Kendal let the children out for break many of them were left standing around very confused. Priscilla was annoyed as it meant her no. 1 competitor was back on the scene but there was a general sense of relief from the students. The only one who seemed unsettled was Honest, who wandered down to the playground almost dazed. Minne grinned at him as she passed though and patted him on the back. "Thanks for the help yesterday!" She said.

"I don't understand," he said distantly "How was she dying of a broken arm?"

Stats

McKayla got off free
Olivia and Yavor are at 2- Actions for being held back

Remember to assign jobs to NPCs who support your cause

Spoiler :
Olivia Attempts to find out who is spreading rumours about her
Guile 2
[Other]'s Guile
2vs
RNG 7
Olivia's Investagations do not bear fruit

Olivia creates a sword of fire
Creativity 3
RNG 1
1*3=3
Olivia is unsucessfull in her attempt to make a fire sword

Olivia talks to Connor
Oration 1
Bonus (sporty) 1
Bonus (title) 2
RNG 5
5*4=20
RNG (Sporty) Sucess
40-9=31
Connor is supporting Olivia's cause

Yavor Attempts to get people to call him a Yeoman
Oration 1
Creativity 4
RNG 6
4*6=24 2 levels of sucess
Yeoman 2+ all combat rolls

Yavor makes a weapon
Creativity 4
RNG 1
4*1=4
Yavor's bow isn't actually that good

Yavor Attempts to Recruit Brain
Oration 1
RNG 4
25-4=21
Brian is no longer fighting for Emily's Cause

Johnny Attempts once agian to ride Dr Carnage
Creativity 4
Advenutre 5
RNG (Different) Sucess
Bonus(Different) 1
RNG 5
10*5=50 5 degrees of sucess
Title: Dinosaur Rider 3+Combat 2+Oration

Johnny Stamps on the Orc Lord
Adventure 5
Johnny feels much better about this all

Johnny Attempts to create a Gundam
Creativity 4
Bonus (Different) 1
RNG 1
1*5=5 1 degree of sucess
Johnny gives up after deciding his Axeviscerator was much cooler

Jeremiah tells everyone about how great Emily was
Oration 5
RNG 8
8 people choose to listen
Owen
Nathan
Caitlin
Huzaifa
George
Boris
Charlotte
Connor

Alexis Attempts to make a weapon
Creativity 5
RNG 2
2*5=10 2 degrees of sucess
Nebula Blaster 2+ATT

Alexis Attempts to recruit George
Oration 1
Bonus (gamer) 2
RNG 8
8*3=24
George is no longer supporting Emily's Cause

McKayla tries to make a new title
Creativity 6
Oration 3
Bonus (title) 2
RNG 3
11*3=33 3 degrees of sucess
Obsidian Overlord 3+ to all Oration Rolls

Create a card for Emily
Creativity 6
RNG 3
3*6=18 3 degrees of sucess
It is a very nice card and lots of people sign it. You give it to the teacher to give to Emily's parents

Roberto Attempts to recruit Nathan
Oration 3
RNG 5
5*3=15
9-15=-4
Nathan will now vote for Priscilla over Jeremey

Roberto and Mike Attempt to recruit Owen
Roberto Oration 3
Mike Oration 2
RND (Different) Sucess
Bonus (Different) 1
3vs3
RNG 1
Roberto Wins
Roberto Oration 3
RNG 1
2*1=3

Priscilla attempts to make Roberto's laugh well known
Creativity 0
Oration 9
RNG 1
9*1=9 1 degree of sucess
The Laughing Knight 1+ Recruitment Rolls

Priscilla attempts to recruit Helen
Oration 9
Bonus (Spoilt) 1
Bonus (Sporty) 1
RNG 2
11*2=22
Helen is now part of Priscilla's Faction

Priscilla attempts to recruit Huzaifa
Oration 9
Bonus (Spoilt) 1
Bonus (Sporty) 1
RNG 3
3*11=33
Huzaifa joins Priscilla's faction

Mike Attempts to recruit Boris
Oration 2
Bonus (different) 1
RNG 4
3*4=12
18-12=6

Let me know if there's any errors.
Orders lock on Friday evening.

Could the people who I sent PMs to last turn confirm that they got PMs from me this turn, I'm still not 100% sure how the conversations system works.

Dr Carnage told me he's running for class president against Barak Obama.

Kneel, tremble, and wash your hands with warm soap and water for at least 30 seconds, the dinosaur was reported to say.

er, did my orders go through? or did detention mean I couldn't make orders?

This is so unfair! I'm not even charged with anything! There's no evidence on anything I did wrong! Mrs. Kendal is a big fat meanyhead, and I am being continuously harassed by some jealous student. My mommy told me if I was ever in such a situation, is to keep proclaiming my innocence and ask to call my mom so that she can do her "lawyer" magic on her. I don't know what that is, but I could desperately use some magic right now

I don't think my title was put in the stats
It should be there now
er, did my orders go through? or did detention mean I couldn't make orders?
I just missed them , sorry, I have processed them and retroactivley added them to the update.

Caitlin is now intending to vote Jeremey over McKayla

Mrs Dalton, the Headteacher, has called for Olivia to be brought to her office. Apparently her mother is in School and there are things that must be discussed.

Orders Lock Tomorrow

Ono.

Softlock

As jeremy's "loyal" genin have abandoned him and his ninja antics have been quelled by the dreaded dumb teacher that doesnt let him read manga for class assignments, he has elected to remove himself from the race and play sudoku during lunch.

(i'm dropping as I'm a bit too busy to pay attention to thread and it seems that I didn't really get anywhere with my last two turns qq

sorry robbie)

I've had far too few orders this turn to be able to keep running this so I think I'm going to say its over.

I'm rather sad because I liked the idea of the game and those who did send in orders really sent in some really weird and quirky orders that made me smile or drop my jaw in amazement. There were definitely things I would change if I were to run this again. I don't like how the Grassing mechanic worked, although this didn't manifest itself in game I imagine people are less likely to send in orders if their number of orders are reduced. However overall I like the idea of the setting and I think it lends itself well to this kind of game.
I know a couple of other people were also really into the concept and setting and I'm sad to let them down. I'd love to run another game of similar nature in the future. I'm not sure though if the rapid drop in player interest was down to the setting, the lack of a map, people not liking game-play mechanics or several other games launching, but I hope that if I do run another game in this setting it will improve on the concept and people will actually want to play it.

That's too bad, thanks for running it though Robert. I had fun.

Yeah, I did have fun, and I'm sorry I wasn't more timely with my orders.

If you ever run this again though please let me know, I'd be more then happy to play it again. :)

In my humble opinion, grassing was way too powerful, and it wasn't fun to be on the reciving end of it. A successful grassing meant you lost pretty much your entire turn, you had no idea who the hell grassed you, and there was no real way to defend yourself from said grassing.

I sent orders usually as quickly as I could, but I could only do one thing this turn, and I have no idea really who even was trying to attack me. Grassing really made the game not as fun as it should have been.

Top Bottom