1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Infantry Units 1900-Present

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by AnthonyBoscia, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

Serendipity! If Civinator hadn't bumped this thread, I'd have missed it. So I'm going to revive an oldie, but goody, from Days Of Yore -

-:)z

2. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Thanks, Oz. That gif always makes me chuckle. The lady in the front left looks like Alice from The Brady Bunch.

Blue, I am rather surprised (and honored) that these units are being incorporated into your mods as I know they have previously been using a number of infantry units that I consider to be exceptional.

When making these I gave a lot of thought about additional WW2 units, but ultimately I had to give priority to those which were necessary for the worldwide mod. Some were completed late in the process like the minor Axis forces. The Finnish infantry is probably the most needed. I also looked at making some off-the-wall guys like an Indische Legion trooper, Bosnian Waffen SS, Croatian and Slovakian infantry, Mengjiang, and KNIL infantry. I tried to make a Danish trooper with his giant Death Star helmet, but he kept surrendering after a couple hours.

When I am back up and running, let me know if you have any other needs and we'll get them done. Sorry if I don't respond to posts as quickly now but I will keep checking back.

3. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Tony, here are some screenshots of your WW2 infantry units in SOE:

Hungarian, Yugoslawian, Rumanian and Bulgarian Infantry in SOE:

Dutch and Belgian Infantry in SOE:

The Finnish-Russian border (using Dutch infantry for the Finns) with the shrinked dragon teeth units:

4. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Cool. Yeah, we definitely need a Finn. Maybe some new dragon teeth also.

5. Normal Person

Normal Person Chieftain

Why are there no Soviet Infantry, i mean like we do have Soviet Infantry made by Wyrmshadow but it would be nice to add them again

6. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Cause Wyrm already made them. Nothing I make would be any better. And that time could be better spent making different stuff.

7. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

If you ever come back to making units, it would be awesome. You have such great attention to detail.

8. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Thanks, man. Maybe next year. There's a couple more pre-1950 guys I still want to make. Then onto phase 2. I don't know if there's any interest in the multi-unit versions. I could always post them too when possible.

9. wolf_66

wolf_66 Lone Civer

I like the idea of multi unit versions but would also suggest to expand the range outside usual riflemen or machinegunners to include, for instance, combat engineers, medics, officers, recruits, prisoners etc

10. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

wolf_66, imperator1961 did create a lot of those WW2 units, but it is somewhat difficult, to give them a proper setting in a mod or scenario. How would you set per example medics ?