Insert Epic Mod Name Here (INEMONH)

Is this a great scenario?

• Yes!

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • No!

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
Can not wait for the new mod.
Will all the new and current units have sound?
Yes.

Will you be adding new tanks to various countries?
I don't think I'll go THAT far. But I'm replacing the stupid Panzer graphic, it looks stupid. I'm using a real Panzer IV now.

One of the reasons I hesitate to give everyone all sorts of unique units is that I don't want you to be downloading a GB worth of mod.

Also will the units all match in size? The stealth bomber, regulat bomber and modern armor were way to big in the original mod.
I can't resize them, I can only use what exists. So no.

Thanks.... your mod I think was the BEST one I have tried so far!

:blush: Thanks, that's what I strive for. :)

What does your time frame look like as far as getting this complete?

I'm not really sure. I'm considering adding some techs and new buildings, but I have to figure out how to do that first. The right way, I mean.

I actually like the panzer. Is there anyway to keep the panzer and add the other panzer as an upgrade?
Also can you use the original stealth bomber as that one was the right scale for the game. As far as the down loading you can put the mod on our ftp server if you would like to and make it as large as you would like.

Well I didn't vote but I download almost everything that airs here and still have all the ones with completed pedia entries displayed proudly in my CIv Content MOd Trophy hunter case

I can't remember for sure but IM guessing that meant you skipped on this much bypassed aspect of new material. You can try an refinment in this Area to add on the approval pressures

If you look you will see its no coincidence that the most downloaded mods all have completed pedia going for them
Of course they have others but I can only focus on this one point without having playtesting your work

I wouldn't sweat it. People who vote no probably some immature haters made during you travels to OT or just thoughtless Civ4 renagades ;)

First I want to say that this MOD is really good. I think to make it better would be to add some different units to the game. That to me is the best part of the game. The other MOD have tons of new units. The other addition to make the game better is to have units in the proper scale.
Your game with the starting points being correct and the size of the map is GREAT and when I need help you emailed me multiple times till I got it correct.
Thanks again and I will be checking back almost daily for the new version.

Hopefully this new verision will have Pedia entries for everything, but that's largely based on if I can find out how to do so.

Spoiler :

Cool! and how bout naming my home town this time?.. Please!? ;) ITs no biggie but as is you've got a city in remote proximity called Thunder Falls.:confused: Was that city inspired by a real city or named based on one of the Native Reserves in the same area? :D

How could you Snub T. Bay man?. From that strech its like complete isolation between Winnipeg and the Sue. Like riding the width of Wisconsin through Michigan an seeing a few pissant villys, mybe a maple syrup mill or a cockroach petting zoo or two. (fleabag motels)

Now here you got this 100000 city right smack in the middle and you choose cordinates of some fly in fishing resort just north instead? :goodjob:

You must have caught a big one while you were up there :)

Spoiler :

Cool! and how bout naming my home town this time?.. Please!? ;) ITs no biggie but as is you've got a city in remote proximity called Thunder Falls.:confused: Was that city inspired by a real city or named based on one of the Native Reserves in the same area? :D

How could you Snub T. Bay man?. From that strech its like complete isolation between Winnipeg and the Sue. Like riding the width of Wisconsin through Michigan an seeing a few pissant villys, mybe a maple syrup mill or a cockroach petting zoo or two. (fleabag motels)

Now here you got this 100000 city right smack in the middle and you choose cordinates of some fly in fishing resort just north instead? :goodjob:

The cities are not preplaced, I named them as I founded them or took them. :)

Also, I'm not Canadian, nor have I ever been to Winnipeig, much less Manitoba. You're lucky I knew there were people out there. :)

You should make a government called "Crazyocracy", where the only thing you can make is Weather Balloons but they're super strong and armed to the teeth with lasers.

ummm...

its probably just my computer, but every time I build a city, the game freezes.

Disregard that last post. I messed something up internally in the game.this is a great mod!:)

I'm not sure if this is a bump, but here goes...

most of the units you modified have the small pic for the civilopedia entry, and NO DISCRIPTION!!! I CANT TAKE IT!

Sorry for my little outburst there, but i am a nitpicker when it comes to the civilopedia entrys. I may post an update for the mod to fix both of these problems, but only with your permission.

:mad:
Insert Epic Mod Name Here (INEMONH)

Terrain:
The only terrain on which you may settle is "Ideal City Location," it takes the graphic of Marsh. It gives 2 food. This is to severely limit the AI in it's quest to fill every inch of the map with useless cities. All locations correspond with a real Earth city…

CREDITS:
Everything:
Cheezy the Wiz

Credits for Everything Cheezy the Wiz?? Well let´s see Cheezy, especially about the concept with the "Ideal City Locations" - the concept that even in your eyes is so important that you wrote it in bold letters. We start here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=192895

In post 1 of this thread, you wrote “I cannot come up with a decent way to limit the AI. I want them to build less cities, but farther apart (like I do), I think it will speed up the game, and it prevents them from doing things like crowding in their own little area, and not expanding, or if they do expand, they have 50 billion cities” and asked: “So, aside from pre-placing cities on the map, is there anything I can do to make the AI spread out their cities, colonize, or otherwise not do what it's doing right now?”

In post 2 of this thread Plotinus posted the following:

I've no idea what SOL means, but one possible way to combat this could be to limit settling to only one kind of terrain. Then you place squares of this terrain in the places where you want cities to be buildable. This method avoids the need for pre-placed cities, but of course you're still going to constrain everyone to quite an extent. However, it at least means that you can easily specify large areas of the map as completely unsettlable (no more rushes for Siberia). It could lead to a disadvantage for the player, as it would not be obvious where to find the settleable squares, but the AI would automatically know where they are and head for them. But giving the AI such an advantage might actually be quite good.
Of course you'd also effectively lose a terrain type. And you couldn't do this with random maps.
In post 4 of this thread I posted the following:
In this thread some parts of my mod are revealed by Plotinus (one kind of terrain for cities), settlers produced by the palace (Yorgos), reduction of corruption (Weasel Op). :D
So here are some additional infos: In my eyes the best terrain for cities (I call it cityspot-terrain) is the marsh terrain. You simply set the graphics to transparency and get nice green terrain as a result of the "cityspot". Than you rename the marsh terrain to "City Spot" (or something like that) and give it the settings of grassland (or like you want it). It´s the only terrain with the "Allow cities flag". The order for the workerjob "clear wetlands" must be set to an era-none-tech that no civ can posess.
This is a big part of my mod with the working title "Civ 3 Revisited" ( note: now "CCM") when playing earth maps.
Edited: Here you can see an early version of the city spot terrain and different levels of the city graphics:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=125732&d=1146850237
And here you can read some more infos about it (posts 63 and 66): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=80235&page=4
Here you can see cityspot terrain with individual city resources and city names (in an early "one name version"):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181825&page=2 (post 27)
In fact I told you about some existing core concepts of the CCM Earth map. I have no problems if someone uses the hints I gave in these threads (that´s why I post them and try to help other civers), but I get angry, when I read such **** statements of people like you, who expressively give credits for everything to themselves and with no word mention, that the only innovative concept about doing the locations of cities in that mod comes from other civers. When I post the CCM-Earthmap, with your still existing wrong ****statement, many civers will think, that I use your concept and your ideas, so it is just the other way around. Unfortunately you didn´t clarify this in all the years since you had posted this **** statement. As your **** statement is still noticed by other civers (you can find the last example here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12348988&postcount=12 ) this post in my eyes is necessary.

For those who want to read more about it, here are some additional links:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276109
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8388217&postcount=13

Since this has been bumped, I might as well say, nice mod! Close enough to the base game to be easy to pick up, but enough differences to make it interesting. I have a game in progress in the mid-Middle Ages currently, and am certainly paying a heftier price than usual for going culture-techs first! Looking forward to seeing what the world looks like when I trade maps!

I must disagree with the reason for the bump, however. It really seems uncalled for after 4.5 years of the thread being inactive, and no previous complaints about it in this thread. As far as I'm aware Cheezy hasn't even been to Civ3 C&C in years. It looks like this wasn't an in this thread where you were both present, either. Bringing it up in such an angry fashion now looks self-centered and rather pointless. We're here to improve the game and community, not to claim credit for the most ideas (though new ideas are always welcome, and you've certainly come up with some good ones). If the last post here were a week ago, sure, ask to be added to the credits. But 4.5 years ago? The statue of limitations should have long since expired.

I think that "credits" are normally taken to mean graphical assets etc., maps, and actual changes to the mod file. It doesn't normally cover ideas. I'm sure we've all used ideas that originate with other people without feeling the need to credit them, particularly commonly used ones. I agree that this is quite a specific idea that might have been nice to give credit for, but in a borderline case such as this one it doesn't really justify such a long and angry post, let alone six years after the event.

I don't think Cheezy is against giving proper credits, as is suggested by this quote regarding unit makers:
NOTE: There were a number of units I downloaded over the months that I used in this scenario, so I'm sure I haven't mentioned everyone whose units I've used. If, in the process of playing INEMONH, you recognize your units, graphics, or someone else's, by all means, tell me, so I can add you/them to the credits!
I just think, as Plotinus, that he doesn't regard it as normal to give credits to ideas. That said, giving as comprehensive credits as possible is always preferable, but I think most mod makers could be found to not have 100% correct credits.

I can see why Civinator would be irked though. I've had ideas and detailed information that I know was new when I presented it (Here and at SOC) that I have later seen appear in someone else's mod, some of them major mods on this site. I don't think I've ever gotten credit on the ideas side. I don't let that bother me too much though, as this is a community of sharing and I do 'borrow' ideas from others as well - that is what this community is about - but I don't claim that everything sprouted from my head either.

I think this line is what is most irksome for Civinator - "CREDITS:
Everything:
Cheezy the Wiz"

I have to agree though that I don't think CTW is intentionally slighting anyone, more likely it hasn't occurred to him.

BTW - Civinators response wasn't out of the blue, it was brought up in Yoda Powers discussion of his new and great earth map, here.

Top Bottom