Insomnia....

Originally posted by SoCalian
i usually do that too. I one time tried to make communism work, then when I got to what I though was a solution, I realized I had turned it into capitalism.

Sadly, thinking of my lady is about the easiest way for me to fall straight out.

My worst case of insomnia happened when I was working the night shift at Big White Ski Resort. After riding all day (it was the first sunshine in over a month) a good buddy of mine came to visit so I showed him the nightlife before heading back to work. The next day (right after work) there was a snowboard demo happening. My buddy and I rode hard all day and I was too reved up to get any sleep before that night too. Went to work and skiied the next day. After dinner and an attept at sleep I went back to work. By the time I got home from that shift (three straight days and nights) I was too wired to sleep (I'd forgotten how) and too tired to do anything else. That morning I came up with the three-two-one plan to combat insomnia (WARNING: kids, do not try this at home).

The three-two-one plan:
- three fingers of scotch (about three to four ounces)
- two Gravol pills (prevents motion sickness by knocking you out)
- one west-coast-doobie (supplied by my symathetic roommate)

I slept, undisturbed, for 18 straight hours.

Except for a minority, insomnia, especially in acute bouts, is an indication of too much sleep. Stop sleeping so much. 8 hours mandatory is a guideline, not the rule.

besides using sleeping pills or getting drunk...
some ''grandmother's advise'': drink a cup of hot milk with brown sugar and/or honey. This has actually been medically tested! There seems to be some things in it that make you more sleepy.

Originally posted by Mescalhead
Except for a minority, insomnia, especially in acute bouts, is an indication of too much sleep. Stop sleeping so much. 8 hours mandatory is a guideline, not the rule.

Thats been my problem that past few days to the point that my sleep cycle is off.

Top Bottom