Intrateam Succession Game

Thoughts:
Considering we have finished a Library in Indira. I would set up the GP-pace: Employ two scientists for +6 sci and 3 GP each. ( Rep gives +3 sci for each employed person.)
This will give a GP at turn 104. 40/60 chance of Scientist/Spy. Should I do this or not?

We got currency finished in some turns. Meaning that the roads to our neighbors should be finished soon for max.profit of the trade.

What is our next goal? If I get a religion when teching Code of Laws, should I spread it to Mayas/ Ottomans or focus on spreading it to us?
I think I'll set for archery after CoL, since we still don't got it and I miss it for city-defence.

I got a bad feeling that Isabella got more than one religion and the last religion is owned by the hated unknown AI.

Considering we are going to have few more happiness we should now farm around Indira. Eventually we can make it a GP monster. After the library I think we should build some units in Indira since we have two cities undefended right now, but thankfully we don't have to worry about barbs, but we might have to worry about the AI. So the net thing for Indira is to build a barracks and once that is built we should then maximise food until we hit cap and then we start the two scientists.

Tech. I am not too sure we need archery right now since we do have axes and they can defend quite well, but will need to have spears so we will need to Hunting very soon. If we decide to go for HA's then ye we will need archery, but not right now.

How many more turns until Indira can produce a Great Spy at 100% odds? I don't think we have any really strong commerce cities yet, so a Great Scientist isn't as important as normal for an early Academy.

As soon as we complete Hunting, we lose the ability to build Warriors, so maybe we should crank some of those out now for garrison purposes. Archery might not be horrible after CoL, though, especially since we could use the Power boost to dissuade the AI from attacking us. But I agree with classical_hero that we don't need to build a lot of Archers, as long as we have Axes. I don't know how important a Barracks is in Indira before we're ready to go to war, and that might still be a little ways away.

That's a very good question about where to spread our CoL religion. If we decide to stick with the Christian block, then it might be a good idea to spread our native religion to the AI. If we can get it into some Pagan civs, then maybe they will convert and help spread it around for us.

Thanks for posting your thoughts Arkipeller! Good luck with your turnset.

I would prefer avoiding GPs in Indira, and instead start on a Great Scientist elsewhere (in our future HE city) to come after our spy.

Even soon being here for a year there are still some acronyms I don't get. What's HE?

The reason for me suggestion using Indira for GP (Spy or Scientist) right now is that we may get the Great Person earlier than if we start it in any other city.

Indira has produced 38 GreatSpy-points by now.
This means that if I employ Scientists next turn we get the inequation:

40 + 8x > 100 , solvable if x is 8 (turns)

If I do in any other city where there will be a Library, the inquation is:

0 + 6x > 100, solvable if x if 17 (turns)

The main problem is that we can't know if we get a Great Scientist or a Great Spy in Indira if I do it this way. In 8 turns after T96 we would have produced a 40+8*2 % chance of Great Spy and the rest on Great Scientist.

Of course... I could just slightly spike the production of great person, making it grow slower, but have a higher chance of Great Spy

Even soon being here for a year there are still some acronyms I don't get. What's HE?

Heroic Epic.

I still find acronyms all the time I don't understand. Urban Dictionary is great for this but not when it is for civ terms unfortunately.

I can haz xams

Hi guys, I am sorry, I cannot do more than one game of this type at once - at the moment our Pitboss is all I can handle.

Hey guys, sorry I've dropped the ball on this one. With my computer issues and the main game heating up, I've definitely lost focus in this game. Let's take stock of who's still in it and whether we want to continue.

Arkipeller?<<< Up now for Maga_R!
Caledorn<<< On deck
Bowsling
tobiasn
Maga_R
for Arkipeller?
classical_hero
YossarianLives
<<< Just played

Arkipeller is having computer problems himself right now and I'm not sure from his last post here if he wants to keep playing. I know Caledorn can't play at least through this summer. Maga_R also had to withdraw, at least until the PB finishes (I have no idea how far along that game is). My own computer issues will finally be resolved this weekend, so I'd love to continue if others are still willing. How about tobiasn, Bowling and classical_hero? If you guys are still in, then let's keep it going. If not, well then I apologize for my role of letting the game die and I hope we can get something else going within the team soon.

or just take a summer vacation. It's sunny outside and I cannot play in this weather!

95-104

Reviving this one. I have taken heavy medications and are now bound to the house for at least the next 24 hours.

Current situation: 204 points and 6th place (maybe 7th).
I am actually not agreeing with Bowsling and employing scientinst in Indira from the next turn. The warrior exploring southeast is renamed MagaPlask.

95: 5 turns to Currency!
Magaplask continues SE, discovering Memphis, a 3 pop city with obelisk, granary, barracks and garrisoning Archer.
CoD is going clockwise round the Ottoman Coast (Elizabeth)
DoR is again stationed in Lana for defence
CoT is exploring counter-clockwise the frozen coast in the NW.
Some forests has been chopped and there will be 2 new libraries next turn. (Terasvin + Indira)
I am sending a worker to connect our trade routes with Boudica, since we are getting 6 new traderoutes in 5 turns.
An Incan Missionary in our lands over Raj.

96: 4 turns to Currency
Both Indira and Terasvin has made libraries and are now building Axemen.
Indira has employed 2 scientists, decreasing the GreatPerson-count from 30 to 8 turns. This got an extra bonus since Indira is close to happy-cap a few more turns.
Incan Missionary continues to travel through our lands.
Both Elizabeth and Mehmed suffer from loss of points due slavery (a guess, since there are no wars). Willem goes to second place and I notice we don't know about his 5th city.
All the explorers are doing their dance. MagaPlask continues south, discovering a source of Dye and the Egyptian Capitol (5 pop) containing a library, obelisk, granary, barracks and the palace. 3 archers in defence. We know that Pacal got Writing. This capitol got a double irrigated source of corn on grassland, Bananas AND Horses. Heavy! Thebes is not religious yet.
I paused Growth in Raj for a turn so I could finish the Granary. We will gain on this next round.

97: 3 turns to Currency, 7 to GSpry or GSci
Terasvin is on HappyCap and 1 turn to growth. No-Growth activated.
Willem gains his 6th city. this means there are 3 known players with 6 cities.
Note: there are 4 players not having OB with Isabella. This may point to either lack of Writing or lack of popularity (So typical Isabella)
All explorers do their rounds. Nothing notable this turn.
Elizabeth gained 14 points this turn. I guess some new tech is discovered.
Raj chops a Granary and no-growth is removed. This will end as a pop2 city with extra surplus next turn.

98: 1 Turn to Currency, 6 to Great Person
Raj grows, Mantra gains a library, Raj gains Granary.
In game note: If a granary and a growth happens at the same turn. The growth does NOT gain the Granary bonus, meaning the Granary is built after the growth. I did not know this. (sorry)
Considering Raj having heavy production I do not force the Library to be finished.
A Barb visits Lana's borders. I am sending DoR on expedition.
MagaPlask continues SW and discovers the egyptian city of Heliopolis. This contains an obelisk and a granary + pastured cows and an archer for defence. I notice that Pacal gained a few points this round and the city of Alexandria was founded... somewhere. NB: Pacal got very fertile lands.
The zulu road network is complete + next time we gain 6 trade routes, more of them foreign :D

99: Currency done, Code of Laws in 7 turns. 5 turns to GP.
We gained 11 Sci/Turn, from +75 to +86. Pity it lasts for only a round :p
CoD discovers the Ottoman city of Ankara, a pop6 city with floodplains, walls, axeman and archer in garrison, granary, monument and barracks. I notice myself that we still don't know where Lizzy gets her metals. We know all her cities (4) and most of the lands. This is now a prio to find.
CoT discovers a source of gold that is fated to be zuluan in the future.
Magaplask discovers an another source of Horses in Egypt by Heliopolis.
Mantra and Terasvin will grow next turn.
Thebes gain Christianity.
DoR killed the barbarian and is now on his way back to Lana

100: 70% res. CoL 7 turns, 4 turns to GP
MagaPlask discovers the Incan Border(Isabella) after continuing south.
Ankara chops 2pop. I will guess a larger structure, but most likely a settler.
Lana gains Granary next turn.
We gained of sci-beaks this turn due growth of Terasvin and Mantra.
I am not sure what to build in Lana, so I queue a Chariot as next. A Library feels a bit... pointless in so scarce areas
Both Mehmed and Ragnar gained a lot of points this round.

101: 6 Turns to CoL, 3 turns to GP
A list of Most Advanced Civs appears. We are not on this list, this says number 9 of 9.
The unknown civ is on 7th place.
(in order: Bou,Isa,Pacal,Eliz,Ragnar,Willem,XXX,Mehmed, US)
Lana completes Granary and starts on Barracks. Growth next turn.
By talking to Isabella I got the info about her having Swordmen. She got Iron Working.
Magaplask reveals an incan pasture and winery. Isabella actually got Monarchy active and Hereditary rule on. I notice that she is the only one with Org.Religion too, meaning she got Priesthood, this is enforced with her owning the Oracle.
Daivagati chops for Granary. Indira, Terasvin and Lana will grow next turn.
Mantra is on No-Growth due happy.cap
Ankara's Chop showed to be a Library.
I fired a scientist for a turn in Indira for a turn so I could increase spy-chance without sacrificing the pace.

102: 5 turns to CoL 60%, 2 turns to Great Person.
Lana, Indira and Terasvin Grows. I had miscalculated on turns somehow, making Terasvin unhappy.
MagaPlask goes on Incan area, revealing Machu Picchu on desert hills. Pop5, terrace, barracks a monument and in defence: axe and archer + a missionary. A new winery is revealed.
Zulu/Boudica, Ragnar and Lizzy gains a city each. All of these got now 5 cities.
CoD are now searching for the Ottoman source of metals + the new city.
The Workers are sent to attach our roads to the egyptian ones, adding more foreign routes. ( we got a few local, meaning a net loss).

103: 4 Turns to CoL. Great Person next turn. 60% spy, 40% scientist.
It seems I may get the egyptian network done at turn 105 when I end my game.
MagaPlask goes deeper into Incan lands, discovering dry areas.
I switched Daivagati to growth... totally forgot to check that city. It was working the quarry.

104: Drumroll....
Mark Swiss, A Great Spy is born in Indira. 3 Turns to CoL
MagaPlask reveal the great city of Cuzco, a pop9 city with 2 gold mines, copper on grassland and irrigated corn. It contains the Oracle, a terrace, library, barracks and a forge. This means that the Inca got Metal Casting! Cuzco is the seat of Christianity too.
Indira fires both scientists.

----
I find this a proper moment to pass the game. T104 is basically done except one thing: Mark Swiss got movement points. What to do. We are currently building Chariots and Axes in several cities and Mantra are making a settler.

(I am too tired to take screenshots!)

:) I will consider taking print screens tomorrow.

Attachments

• ISDG Team SG BC-0275 T104.CivBeyondSwordSave
    235.8 KB · Views: 191
Top Bottom