Is Enrico cheating? Is this a bug?

PrideDefiler

Chieftain
Apparently Enrico can build Louvre without unlocking the *Exploration* Social Policy...

I was keeping my eye on AIs' SP progress on Global Diplomacy window every few turns because I didn't want to lose Louvre to the others while I was delaying it on account of building military units for defense.

No one was going for Exploration branch, so I kept on delaying building it myself.

Then out of nowhere, Enrico completes Louvre :eek:

:confused::confused::confused:

I've attached the screenshot.

Is this a bug or did Enrico get it through some other legit workaround that I don't know about yet?

Cheers

PS. How do I put a picture on the thread instead of attaching it? - It's uploaded from my HD

Attachments

• Cheating Enrico.jpg
    Cheating Enrico.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 408
Did you get a notification that he built it? It could be that someone else built it and he captured it.

Policies don't show up when they're unlocked, only when they take a policy from the tree.

So he has opened Exploration but hasn't taken any other policies from the tree.

Edit: Btw, there are several topics about this (showing that it's not well understood or popular) and it makes very little sense why it wouldn't show up when it was unlocked. It's something I'd like to see changed in the fall patch.

I wonder how many times I've seen this exact same complaint...

No, Enrico is not cheating. He has unlocked exploration. The diplomacy screen doesn't show openers, just the "actual" policies. Notice how the other branches Enrico has taken go up to 5, not 6?

I wonder how many times I've seen this exact same complaint...

No, Enrico is not cheating. He has unlocked exploration. The diplomacy screen doesn't show openers, just the "actual" policies. Notice how the other branches Enrico has taken go up to 5, not 6?

I didn't know that :)

I thought when they unlock a policy branch the branch name appears, then when they adopt policies, the number appears next to it.

Did you get a notification that he built it? It could be that someone else built it and he captured it.

Yes I got the notification and got pissed off :D then went straight into the global diplomacy window to check for the policy requirement.

Policies don't show up when they're unlocked, only when they take a policy from the tree.

So he has opened Exploration but hasn't taken any other policies from the tree.

Edit: Btw, there are several topics about this (showing that it's not well understood or popular) and it makes very little sense why it wouldn't show up when it was unlocked. It's something I'd like to see changed in the fall patch.

Definitely... I wonder if they did this on purpose to make players anxious and stressed out during a wonder race :)

But then, this system have existed from before the BNW introduced SP requirement for wonders so now I don't know why they made it like this :crazyeye:

Identical thing happened to me when I lost Porcelain Tower, by 1 turn no less, to Harun who throughout the game had never taken a single Rationalism policy...

Except the opener. :mad::mad::mad:

Might as well be cheating. But yeah it is smart, take 1 point in a tree just so they can build a single wonder.

Well Enrico has the three fully unlocked trees already.

They should really fix this though, the opener counts a lot.

Well Enrico has the three fully unlocked trees already.

They should really fix this though, the opener counts a lot.

Yeah not only do they all unlock wonders, but some of the openers are amongst the best policies in the game as well (see: Tradition/Patronage/Aesthetics/Rationalism)

Yeah not only do they all unlock wonders, but some of the openers are amongst the best policies in the game as well (see: Tradition/Patronage/Aesthetics/Rationalism)

True, we need more accurate info on our enemy's SP to adjust our counter strategy:)

Top Bottom