Is GameSpy server down?

holyjohn

Chieftain
As many of you have noticed,

GameSpy server has been extremely unstable last weekend.

But now it is down completely, I haven't been able to play the last 6 or 7 hours...

Do you know the plans or news of back-up on GS servers?

GameSpy should spend more money on their servers, they have horrible conditions all the time. :mad:

I searched all over GSA and finally found this curt statement:

[GSI]Spiff

Hey all --
We know that a number of you have been experiencing problems connecting to Arcade chat (or even just Arcade!) the past few days. Here's a quick update as to why this was occurring.
The datacenter where we host some GameSpy services (including our chat server) experienced some net traffic issues related to another one of its customers (not, I repeat, NOT with GameSpy). Their short term solution to this problem was to block all incoming / outgoing traffic to European and UK IP addresses. This impacted our the ability of our users in those regions to connect to our services.
We are somewhat mystified as the data center's approach here, and are flogging them for an explanation and assurances that this will not occur again.
In the mean time, service has been restored to all of our EU & UK users. If you continue to experience connectivity issues, please report them to our customer support team by filing a trouble ticket at http://support.gamespyarcade.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=3235

Thanks for your patience!

Top Bottom