Is Sean Bean Confirmed as the narrator?

Well Civ IV's narrator was the beloved Sci-Fi icon, Leonard Nimoy. RIP. Everybody liked him, and it's hard for anyone to measure up after that.

I think that is really the issue most people have with Morgan Sheppard. I actually really enjoyed Sheppard's voice as the narrator, but Nimoy was brilliant. I would also love having Sean Bean do it for VI.

I think that is really the issue most people have with Morgan Sheppard. I actually really enjoyed Sheppard's voice as the narrator, but Nimoy was brilliant. I would also love having Sean Bean do it for VI.

Well the problem with Civ4 was Nimoy was only around for the base game. There was no consistency in the narration when the expansions hit.

Well the problem with Civ4 was Nimoy was only around for the base game. There was no consistency in the narration when the expansions hit.

Oh, I remember that... :twitch:

Sid's a great designer, but much less so a narrator. :)

- - - - -

Also, I had no problems with Sheppard's narration; I liked it.

I think that is really the issue most people have with Morgan Sheppard.

It's weird. I didn't even know there was an issue with the Civ V narration until I read this thread. I liked it, too.

Honestly they should just hire me to do the narration. I can make the word sounds good.

Making it sound good isn't the reason that famous actors have been chosen with Civ IV+.
Earlier versions have had the members of their in house development team doing some of the narration, which sounded good.
The famous actors are chosen on the belief that they'll sell enough additional copies of the games if they include one to make up for how ever much they paid the actor.

Keith David and Michael Hogan are both great options. I'd add Allison Janney to the list as well.

For me, it's not comparison to Nimoy; Sheppard's delivery vacillates between flat and contrived, IMO. Either way, I don't enjoy his delivery except for a few isolated instances--for example, I do enjoy his delivery of the Kahlil Gibran line from building the Eiffel Tower (but it takes a special kind of un-talent to ruin Kahlil Gibran). On which mildly off-topic note, I hope we see some more lines from Kahlil Gibran in Civ6 techs and wonders.

Hugo Weaving. You should be familiar with him; he was Agent Smith in The Matrix, and the elf king in LOTR, and does a lot of stage work around Sydney.

Who else? Ummm, not being a smartass, how about Samuel L. Jackson? I heard him doing a documentary about lions once and he's definitely got the chops for it.

In a perfect world, Johnny Cash.

I suppose the trick is that, ideally, they will be recognisable but not in a way that disturbs the player or shatters the "fourth wall".

If they can afford Sean Bean, i'm happy. Especially if, on researching Calander, we get "winter is coming" hehe... No, too far, tbh.

Don't know how it would turn out but I could see Alan Alda being interested in the gig.

Jodie Foster ?

James Earl Jones

Hugo Weaving would be pretty awesome. As would any of the old Shakespeare Contingent (Stewart, McKellen, Dench, et al.).

I also think it'd be fun with a super gruff narrator, but I don't think that'd fly with Firaxis. Like one of the Peaky Blinders on Netflix :)

Gilbert Gottfried! :mischief:

Just kidding, it doesn’t matter to me because I play with my speakers turned off while watching TV/movies. Poor modders like TPangolin go through painstaking effort to select the best Peace & War themes for their civs and I never wind up hearing it. :(

Sean Bean?
Not bad.

Mr. Bean?
Now, that would be amazing!

Well, if he isn't the narrator then he definitely deserves to be a great person in the game. :D

Top Bottom