Is Sean Bean Confirmed as the narrator?

I think Keith David did a great job on the Civ5 preview trailer with his opening lines. Loved his work on Egypt's Golden Empire.

I would love to have someone like him narrate.

He has a clear voice. I think we need someone with deep and more distinct voice that resembles an old man. A voice that is associated with wisdom, age etc.

He has a clear voice. I think we need someone with deep and more distinct voice that resembles an old man. A voice that is associated with wisdom, age etc.

We already had that with William Morgan Sheppard for Civ5.

We already had that with William Morgan Sheppard for Civ5.

We've had that because that is how it should be done. Though, voice is one thing; the narrator skills (the way quotes are read) is the other — as in the case of Civ5 :)

We've had that because that is how it should be done. Though, voice is one thing; the narrator skills (the way quotes are read) is the other — as in the case of Civ5 :)

There are some of this board who do no like his narration. I fully expect a new narrator so my vote is with Keith David ; as he has something a lot of other narrators don't have. His relevant work narrating Egypt's Golden Empire lends his voice gravitas.

Anyways there are a lot of good narrators out there working. I will say who I don't want.

Donald Sutherland.

So the narrator is Mr. Bean, then?

I love Sean Bean; he has a great voice and his delivery cannot possibly be worse than Civ5's boring, obnoxious narrator. My top pick would be Avery Brooks, but Patrick Stewart would be great as well. And no, Stewart would be nothing like the flat delivery from Civ5. ;)

I'll tell you narrator that is worse though, try civ BE

I was always hoping that Sir Christopher Lee would get this job. Sadly that is not to be.

This might sound strange, but I think Meryl Streep would be a nice narrator ^^

EDIT: Or Viola Davis, or Christine Baranski

Peter Cullen, at least as an easter egg when you discover robotics :)

and when you research techs for Army corps allowing you to combine your units, he should do the Voltron narration.

My top pick would be Avery Brooks

Woah! That would be awesome! Awesome enough to make me forget about the new cartoony style.

This might sound strange, but I think Meryl Streep would be a nice narrator ^^

EDIT: Or Viola Davis, or Christine Baranski

Viola Davis would be a great choice. In fact, it'd be interesting to have a female narrator. What other voice actress could we suggest?

Kate Mulgrew would be a good female voice. She has been terrific in the Dragon Age games.

Woah! That would be awesome! Awesome enough to make me forget about the new cartoony style.

Viola Davis would be a great choice. In fact, it'd be interesting to have a female narrator. What other voice actress could we suggest?
Shohreh Aghdashloo has an absolutely epic voice; she would be another great choice for narrator. Sara Kestelman would be another great choice, though perhaps a bit harsh for general narration.

Marbozir :D because who doesn't like his voice? Or Michael Dorn to keep the Star Trek thing going. If Sir Patrick Stewart was chosen, I may never stop playing 6.

Top Bottom