Is this board dead?

Elta

我不会把这种
Word on "teh streetz" is that this forum died after the off topic split.

Is this true?

Why or why not?

Please cite your sources in MLA format.

Yeah, pretty much. Not enough people care anymore to keep it sustainable. :sad:

Yeah. The split drove off many of the best oldtimers. OT has been a shell of its former self ever since :(

It's dead boring, that's for sure.
Any younger person with some humor and knowledge of political and war acronyms would have appreciated one of my later posts in the Graph thread but out-of-the-box and "funneh" stuff is not popular stuff here.

I had to delete it cause you bastards don't deserve it.

I've only been here a little while, in fact I never even knew what an Internet forum was, so I often considered some of the complaints about the decline merely nostalgia sprinkled with a little elitism. Now with a little more time to gauge things I realize that if it weren't for the blessing bestowed upon us by Ondskan's mere presence, I wouldn't come here much.

Some sources believe the forum is not, in fact, dead; they offer such suggestions as "it's just restin'", "it's stunned", or "it's pinin' for the fjords" (Python, Dead Parrot).

Well if this is what Near Death Experience looks like its not very exciting.

The Chamber is the last refuge of the OT 1%, which incidentally correlates perfectly to the percentage of posts the Chamber makes up in the OT.

EDIT: Forgot obligatory Unite the OT! war cry.

It's not as active as it used to be. I still show up, though, if only to keep in touch with the few good guys that are still around.

The Daily Graphs and Charts thread still produces some interesting stuff regularly.

I'm rather new here and I find it strange that there are two boards- one for serious stuff and another that is more casual. There's plenty of spam in the tavern that I think ought be eliminated while the Tavern appears hardly formal in nature, merely less spam. I'm brought to the understanding that there was once one forum, and after doing some research I see that "the split" occurred on April 1 (a joke?) of this year. If "the split" has killed the forums, why not merge them again?

This board does seem dead. I've made a couple joke posts here that have never been touched by moderation.

Top Bottom