Is this board dead?

This board is no fun.

It's like the tavern but with a higher chance of infractions ;)

It started dying around 2003.
Judging by your join date, I'd estimate it was around 2001. ;)

Spoiler :
This thread can't seriously be in the Chamber, can it?

Anyway, I started visiting OT at the beginning of '11, so I can't really judge off of how it looked before, but aside from a few big names, it seems pretty active to me compared to when I first started coming.

The board is useless. You cannot post anything of value because some other poster will be offended and report the post, in a lame attempt to silence you.

The mods dont actually use any inductive reasoning and rubber stamp a warning.

The board is useless. You cannot post anything of value because some other poster will be offended and report the post, in a lame attempt to silence you.

The mods dont actually use any inductive reasoning and rubber stamp a warning.
Wouldn't you have to post something of value to know that?

[waits for the lame attempt to silence me]

It died a couple of minutes ago.

Que?

I'm surprised you're still alive to be honest.

EDIT: Doesn't make much sense now

If it wasn't dead before, it most certainly is now in light of recent events.

Well the problem I see was before the split we started to see a different standard of moderation at about 2009. I remember when you could be much more joking and not get infractions. I even got an infraction and even a banning over telling a joke and I was even told by the moderator giving me the warning that he saw that it was a joke, but because someone took it far too literally, I got a warning. There was a time when it was enjoyable to post OT, even if my views are generally attacked, at lest they were done by reason, but now we have seen things get worse.

Word on "teh streetz" is that this forum died after the off topic split.

Is this true?

Why or why not?

Please cite your sources in MLA format.
It will never die as long as people whine about it.

I remember people asking for a forum with looser moderation. Now they got it. :goodjob:

The Chamber was never alive. :mischief:

If you don't like the pace of the Chamber then you'd be better off in the Tavern instead.

I like the option of discussing things in either place. It's also fair to say that I probably spend more time reading here than posting here, which is no bad thing.

Just this one or OT collectively? Not dead, but slower. Maybe dying, we'll see.

It's also fair to say that I probably spend more time reading here than posting here, which is no bad thing.

Yeah, just because it's slower doesn't mean it's being ignored.

OT collectively is pretty dead. And getting deader by the day, seems like.

Top Bottom