Israel needs to be "wiped of the map" - Ahmadinejad (Iran president)

Rambuchan said:
Who gives a damn about a list of muslim countries? What I found interesting about this is that we haven't heard of a world leader issue such boldly hateful words in recent times. Even Kim Jong Il and Mugabe don't say things like this. Putin doesn't talk about Chechnya like this. China doesn't use such language when talking about Taiwan. Either this President is an unskilled diplomatic or he doesn't give a fu**.

I'd love to hear Balkenende say Belgium needs to be wiped of the map :) .

Che Guava said:
Ah, he doesn't have to do anything of the sort!

Uhh . . . . I don't know how to tell you this , but if he wants to keep up his image as a conservative orthodox Muslim , he is obliged to not just say things lke that , but also try to actually do them . The fact that he is ( partially ) sane , however , should be enough to prevent any attempted misadventure .

Just as an interesting historical aside - contrast this with Persia under Persian rule - the time that Cyrus conquered Babylon , he allowed the Jews of the city to go back to Jerusalem . I weep when I see how Islam has brutalised the character of old Persia , and when I see the last remains of a once-glorious nation of some the greatest builders of this world slowly dwindling away ( in India ) . Funny , too , how India sheltered the Bene Israel ( descendents of one of the original Ten Tribes , who , strangely enough , later faced discrimination in Israel rather than in India ) when they were persecuted in Galil .

Stapel, I know he is right about Pakistan:

Predominately Muslim Pakistan does not recognize Israel, and in the past has taken a harder line against the country than even some Arab states.

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2005-09/2005-09-01-voa26.cfm?CFID=48279944&CFTOKEN=80728095

I believe he's right about some or all of the other ones too.

Cruise missiles aren't going to fix this problem. They need to use bunker-busting quasi-nukes perhaps combined with a blockade. Ideally the bunker-busting quasi-nukes should be given to Israel so Israel gets the heat. Israel can't do the blockade, so the US would have to do that.

But Iran is not not just not recognizing Israel.
Could you rephrase that without the triple negative?? :crazyeye:

If I understand correctly, you're saying that other countries also don't recognize Israel.

This isn't news or some sort of new revelation, unless you've been living under a rock for the last 25 years or were born in the last 25 years. It's been Iranian policy since the Revolution, as decreed by their "Supreme Leader".

The Iranian President's comments should come as no surprise to anyone. Even with the moderate Khatami, the destruction of Israel was part of Iranian ambition. And it will continue to be so until the mullahs decree otherwise or until they're removed from power.

Rambuchan said:
What I found interesting about this is that we haven't heard of a world leader issue such boldly hateful words in recent times. Even Kim Jong Il and Mugabe don't say things like this. Putin doesn't talk about Chechnya like this. China doesn't use such language when talking about Taiwan. Either this President is an unskilled diplomatic or he doesn't give a fu**.

http://www.iran-press-service.com/articles_2001/dec_2001/rafsanjani_nuke_threats_141201.htm

Remember, this guy was running as a "moderate".:lol:

@marioh

Yeesh, what a nut!!! What I'd really like to know is: does this man actually speak for most/some/any iranians? Everything I've heard about day-to-day life in Tehran is that these Mullahs are ruling without any real ligitimacy and that their days are coming to an end. Am I completely wrong on this?

Erik Mesoy said:
Could you rephrase that without the triple negative?? :crazyeye:

If I understand correctly, you're saying that other countries also don't recognize Israel.

Oops sorry there was an extra not there.

I meant Iran not only doesn't recognize Israel but she also is now one of few nations that have publicaly and in such an explicit manner declared their intention to annihilate Israel. I assume he means just the Israelites in the modern secular albeit theocratic state of Israel as opposed to all the children of Israel in the theological sense (which would mean all Jews everywhere in the planet everywhere -- if he meant that, that would of course be in effect a declaration of war against not only Israel but the United States and all other countries that "harbor" if you will Jews)

He´s an Islamic fanatist, but I believe the world would have been much better without an Israeli state and Ben Gurion&Co.

Che Guava said:
@marioh

Yeesh, what a nut!!! What I'd really like to know is: does this man actually speak for most/some/any iranians? Everything I've heard about day-to-day life in Tehran is that these Mullahs are ruling without any real ligitimacy and that their days are coming to an end. Am I completely wrong on this?

He only speaks for the hard-liners, mullahs. Keep in mind that he was the Iranian President for not one, but two terms.

I seriously doubt the normal, run of the mill Iranian agrees with the mullahs/hard liners. Unfortunately though, they'll be the ones who suffer if Iran is crazy enough (which I don't think the mullahs are) to try a surprise nuclear attack on Israel after Iran finally finishes developing their nuclear weapons programs and means to deliver them.

Anyone who has ever traveled to Israel (other than diplomats) is forbidden to enter Oman. Hmm, where would I rather go, Israel or Oman? :rolleyes:

Malaysia forbides Israeli citizens from entering the country, a policy of old Osama bin Mahathir. Knight or Gr3y, has there been any effort to get this repealed?

marioh said:
He only speaks for the hard-liners, mullahs. Keep in mind that he was the Iranian President for not one, but two terms.

I seriously doubt the normal, run of the mill Iranian agrees with the mullahs/hard liners. Unfortunately though, they'll be the ones who suffer if Iran is crazy enough (which I don't think the mullahs are) to try a surprise nuclear attack on Israel after Iran finally finishes developing their nuclear weapons programs and means to deliver them.

Well the hard liner wont the elections so they must be saying some stuff the people agree with.

Iran is obviously using this mix up the US has in Iraq to bolden it stance in front of the muslim world. And to try and get nukes aka provocate the world. This is a window of oppurtunity for them, cause they know there is nobody who can do anything about it.

The world policemen is busy in Iraq and it's deputies aren't up for the job.

AceChilla said:
Well the hard liner wont the elections so they must be saying some stuff the people agree with.

Point taken. But, IIRC, he ran on a platform stressing domestic issues, such as cleaning up corruption, making lives better for the average Iranian, etc.
And the person he ran against was the same guy whom I linked a speech from in my previous post. So, not much of a choice in regards to international issues as both probably share the same basic views, with the main one being the destruction of Israel.

Takhisis said:
He´s an Islamic fanatist, but I believe the world would have been much better without an Israeli state and Ben Gurion&Co.

Better how?

That statement doesn't help "muslim cause" in the world. USA has very low support in Europe; this only can improve it.

Comraddict said:
well more air and food for rest of us ? [/sarcastic]

Oh, I think in this case with this iranian guy it's gonna be poisoned air and radioactive food :)

Takhisis said:

Thank you for passively agreeing with the muslim fanatics, I would also think the world would be better without me, my family, and my friends. After all we do threaten the world with hmm.. ah. Humus and Falafel. Yeah!

Top Bottom