Jewelers of New Arkadia

thecommonnate

Theocrat
Welcome Aretan people to the First Quality Gem Manufacturing Institute in Arete!

Although everyone is welcome to observe the gems here, we are currently only selling to licensed Business Retail Owners.

Well then, lets take a tour of the company and learn a little about the gem history of Arete.

I the beginning of modern government as we know it, the Aretean subcontinent was divided between two Kingdoms, the Kingdom of Spain under the Hatshepsut dynasty, and the Arkadian Populist Regime under the Seidrik Dynasty. Closed off by the Spanish and, to the north, the Babylonians, our people needed wealth.

But not all was bad, the Aretan people controlled a very strong, well disciplined, and well lead military. With this at our fingertips, there was only one thing to do, invade. The Egyptians fell beneath our military, and Egypt, along with their gem-rich hills of the Madridian-Cordoba area.

Years later, a small but politically connected family moved to blossoming Venice. Here, at a marine-culture flowering city, a small aristocratic family would establish itself in the inner-workings of a new Representative Monarchy, and also in the place of the Gem Business of Arete.

Now, that same family officially opens the Jewelers of New Arkadia. We will, from now until the end of our time, attempt to bring you quality gems from the beautiful hills of the Holy Land and Cordobian Country.

We will be offering all the kinds of Gems you could imagine, Rubies, Diamonds, Opal, Sapphires, Topaz, Crystal, anything you could possibly you imagine! Just ask!

Also, to influence Aretan culture, we have established gemstones for the provinces of the Aretan Isle.

Arete Proper:

Ahh the coast of Arete Proper, from the Palaces in Arete to the harbors in Venice, this coast is arguably one of most beautiful sites in the world. For its role in Aretan politics since the beginning of time, this landscape has been represented by the great Diamonds of New Arkadia.
New Arkadia:

The whole of Arete rests on New Arkadia because of its economic place in history. The colorful landscapes of New Arkadia are represented by the JNA's beautiful collection of red Rubies.

The Dark East:

One of the most mysterious lands of the Isle, the Dark East. From the War-like culture of Edori, to the new provinces of Babylon, the Dark East has stood out like the moon in the sky, beautiful and deeply mysterious. The wondrous Obsidian has been picked by the people here to represent these great lands.

Ibisinia:

The hardy lands of Ibisnia provide a backbone for Arete to live off of, from production, commerce, and natural resources come from these great lands. From Kassite, the first site of the Aretan West Coast, to the righteous people of New Giruvegan, the Jewelers of New Arkadia have represented these plains, hills, and mountains with Blue Topaz straight from mines outside of Madrid.

This isn't all that the Jewelers of New Arkadia have to offer, though, we will sculpt and sell at any request: Grand Crystal Sculptures, Small Stones, even Gem types of your request will be offered.

Prices will be worked out with selected Retail offices, and soon the Manufacturers will sell to all Retail and Reselling businesses at monitored prices. Please fell free to ask questions.

(The Jewelers of New Arkadia are a licensed Manufacturing Company, with the ability to sell to people with the correct credentials. Please contact me through PM before prices become fixed for resellers.)

It is a great collection and I like the historical nature. We are pretty much letting the business owners set their own prices for now.

I may be convincable to lend the Jewelers of New Arkadia my Gold resource, if it possible and I can somehow recieve some payment despite the lack of a retailer.

I believe you made a deal with the King about the amount of gold you could extract from those hills. You might want to check your records.

Provozuki Group may offer to do the retailing for gold and gems, in case you may need a retailer to do it.

I did, Cyc. The Gold resource is/was in use for the creation of the Yenarii coins. Since they are now out and about aplenty, and there are no projects requiring the gold for use anywhere else, it seems to me as if the resource is free for use.

I am sorry for the intrusion into your thread thecommonnte, but this will also be relevant to the JNA. I don't mean to highjack your thread.

@Diamondeye -
On June 1st in a PM to me you wrote this - "Since I am of the Protectors faction, I will have nothing to do with "owning" land - after all, we are only looking after it for our gods. I am currently the steward of the Gold tile in New Giruvegan, and that is enough as is."
June 1st.

Then in final negotiations about th NG tiles, I sent you this PM on August 9th -
"Glad you spotted my Thick as a Brick quote, Diamondeye. My next post in that thread will also have a quote from that song. Glad to meet a fellow fan, also.

On that gold hill tile you are requesting renewal on, we need to talk a little business. I understand that your were promised the tiles aroung NG, and that you feel you arfe care-takers of the land here. But I must insist, as Regent, that in order for your request to go through and be approved, that there is an understanding between us.

There must be unrestricted gold access for the Government till the end of the RPG section. Our future monetary system requires this. If you can agree to this, then Lord Civius may grant you that tile. If you agree and then change your mind, you may be putting your RPG character's life at risk.

We must use the gold. Any or all of it if need be. I can still grant the POK a small amount for the idols or statues, but the rest is ours.

Sound like a deal to you?

Regent Cyc"

Aug 9th

Obviously, by the fact you now have the Tile, you agreed to this second PM. First you say you have no need for ownership of the tile, that you just want to care for the land and maybe use some gold for your religious statues and idols. Now you want to control the gold resources and profit from it's sale. Sounds like you just trashed your religious status with the Monarchy.

The gold has been and is still mined by the King. Yenarii coins are still being pressed. Most of the Yenarii you're seeing exchanging hands here are but numbers in bank accounts. We are still playing catch up here and the government will not allow the value of the Yenarii to be devalued because you have dropped your religious status and now want to be a profiteer.

The King insists that this action cease and desists as of this posting. You are not now, nor have you ever been in control of the gold resource. All gold in this land will be controlled by the Monarch.

In that case, forget the issue TCN :) We'll have to conquer gold from another nation to have enough for jewelleries. Good that is not strange to us :devil:

Obviously, by the fact you now have the Tile, you agreed to this second PM. First you say you have no need for ownership of the tile, that you just want to care for the land and maybe use some gold for your religious statues and idols. Now you want to control the gold resources and profit from it's sale. Sounds like you just trashed your religious status with the Monarchy.

... Under no circumstances. I was merely trying to improve TCNs business. It only made sense to me that a token payment should be paid as not to lead the market askew.

The gold has been and is still mined by the King. Yenarii coins are still being pressed. Most of the Yenarii you're seeing exchanging hands here are but numbers in bank accounts. We are still playing catch up here and the government will not allow the value of the Yenarii to be devalued because you have dropped your religious status and now want to be a profiteer.

Again, I have not. But I understand your need for the gold for Yenarii coins and will not plead the cause any further.

The King insists that this action cease and desists as of this posting. You are not now, nor have you ever been in control of the gold resource. All gold in this land will be controlled by the Monarch.

Now that is overreacting. But you are the king. Your will is law. The Gold tile will no longer be under PoF control. I digress by the thoughts of the lost commerce for our empire, but thy will be it.

Possibly in the future then, Diamondeye.

As for now, pricing assessments continue, any licensed resaler is of course, welcome to propose buys.

With the new activity and PF, I would like to begin supplying Resale and retail companies with gems at a price of 100Y for a 3 turnset contract.

I you start up a business, I could sell to you anything you need for a 3TC Contract for 100Y.

However under the ART info this company is also a licensed resale company, so you could buy your diamonds flat out, but that would only give you diamonds, the contract would give you much more in the long run.

Top Bottom