• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have this, and JFD's Cultural Diversity, Cities in Development, and Exploration Continued Expansion, as well as COmmunity BAlance Patch without EUI but none of the mod features seem to work. Not for RtP or any of the other mods. I also have Enlightenment Era -- and even that doesn't work.
What am I missing?
Do you mean nothing? Did you activate and play through in-game mods tab?

Do you have all of required gameparts (expansions and leader pack)? Do you use mac? Do you "tick" all the mods before starting a game? Did you clear your game cache?

Is it ok to use this mod and cultural diversity as well as CBP but not use cities in development and exploration continued (i encountered a couple off issues with them)?

To my knowledge, EE was once compatible with CBP if you add EE-CBP compatible patch, but nowadays, EE and CBP are not fully compatible anymore. You may check CBP's thread to see latest information about it and ask Gazebo if the issues you got are caused by EE.

Is it ok to use this mod and cultural diversity as well as CBP but not use cities in development and exploration continued (i encountered a couple off issues with them)?

Yes.

I am trying to use this mod with Cultural Diversity and CBP but after I found my religion I can neither see the religion world map nor can I see how much piety I have. I cannot establish a government even after I build Sargon's Palace or after research Philosophy, I can't even change my state religion. Please help.

Edit : AI is able to establish government just fine however when I try to establish a government it says I must research Philosophy.

Last edited:
I am trying to use this mod with Cultural Diversity and CBP but after I found my religion I can neither see the religion world map nor can I see how much piety I have. I cannot establish a government even after I build Sargon's Palace or after research Philosophy, I can't even change my state religion. Please help.

Edit : AI is able to establish government just fine however when I try to establish a government it says I must research Philosophy.
Do you use EUI or other custom TopPanel? EUI is incompatible with any of JFDLC except CulDiv.
I've tried so many times to play VP with JFDLC, but there are many things to modify to play actual game. Even if you did it successfully, still random ctd can be happened.

Last edited:

1. Post logs; if you don't know how, I'll have liked the guide to logging at some point recently in this thread.
2. Idk if Sargon's Palace even still unlocks a government in the public version anymore :p
3. You don't establish a State Religion until you discover a certain tech; idk which since you're using the CBP. If the Government unlock tech is meant to be Philosophy, then there's been an error and hopefully it'll show up in your logs.

Do you use EUI or other custom TopPanel? EUI is incompatible with any of JFDLC except CulDiv.
I've tried so many times to play VP with JFDLC, but there are many things to modify to play actual game. Even if you did it successfully, still random ctd can be happened.
No i don't use EUI.

No i don't use EUI.
Did you modify UserSetting.sql? You have to do that if you want to play with it. CBP equals VP. So, modify values of CBP compatibility and other options in UserSetting.sql from 0 to 1. If so, it would be playable even if it is not perfectly compatible. Also, this mod is outdated compared with latest VP. Playing JFDLC with VP is your own risk.

Did you modify UserSetting.sql? You have to do that if you want to play with it. CBP equals VP. So, modify values of CBP compatibility and other options in UserSetting.sql from 0 to 1. If so, it would be playable even if it is not perfectly compatible. Also, this mod is outdated compared with latest VP. Playing JFDLC with VP is your own risk.
Sorry, I am a noob when it comes to tweaking configs and stuff can you please tell me where this .sql is and what exactly do I have to tweak in it.

Sorry, I am a noob when it comes to tweaking configs and stuff can you please tell me where this .sql is and what exactly do I have to tweak in it.
First, open UserSetting.sql in your RtP folder on Civ 5 SDK or Notepad or other edit program.
Second, read and modify values. There are descriptions of what those do. You need to turn values of CBP compatibility and other preferences into 1.
Third, try playing civ 5. If it seems it doesn't work well, go back to first.

When I had that problem it was solved by clearing my cache.

Hello Chrisy15, it has especially been a long time since I have visited this forum but I am back. I have noticed our great Emperor JFD has been abdicated from his throne, may he one day return to restore greatness to his Empire :) ! Anyhow, I decided to start a Civ game and it is running well but I have encountered a small bug that I wish to fix. Typically, I can fix XML and SQL bugs but this time it is a dreaded LUA bug (my least favorite code). This bug has to specifically do with the Religion Overview with the World Religion and World Beliefs screens.

All the way up to turn 280, both screens were functioning properly. The World Religions screen showed the religion, date founded, founder, number of followers, number of cities following and etc. and the World Faiths screen showed all the pantheons and specific beliefs related to their respective religions (all colored fonts and text was properly functioning and appearing). Then I got to turn 286, saved, and then exited my game. When I came back to load it up the next day all the information that was present within the two screens before was gone. The screens weren't blank but they appeared as they would before a religion or pantheon was even founded. Upon further evaluation, I determined that the two screens would work past turn 286 but once I reloaded any save past this turn the screens would never display the nessicary information. I figured a general description of the issue might help but I know the necessary logs and code will also help a lot as well. I will post them below...

First the Lua.log file (no errors were present within Database.log or XML.log). The bolded area is where the error is...
Spoiler Lua.log file :

[72609.734] SanMarco_Functions: loaded
[72609.750] Sukritact_ChangeResearchProgress: loaded
[72609.781] TechSatellitesRevealCities: This is the 'Tech - Satellites Reveal Cities' mod script.
[72610.359] DiscussionDialog: This is the modded DiscussionDialog.lua from CBP - C4DF
[72610.515] DiploTrade: This is the modded TradeLogic from CBP- C4DF
[72611.000] LeaderHeadRoot: Could not find discussing player!
[72612.281] AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info
[72612.281] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[72698.187] InfoAddictHooks: INFO: Changing InfoAddict button visibility to LeaderHead contexts
[72698.187] JFD_CID_Functions: Game control acquired by player. TSL Master standing by...
[72698.187] JFD_CID_Functions: Player entering game...
[72700.812] JFD_ExCE_Tribes_Functions: Player entering game...
[72701.453] JFD_RTP_Functions: Player entering game...
[72712.843] Runtime Error: C:\Users\arrow\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ReligionOverview.lua:751: attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value)
[72718.890] Runtime Error: C:\Users\arrow\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ReligionOverview.lua:751: attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value)
[72720.234] Runtime Error: C:\Users\arrow\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ReligionOverview.lua:873: attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value)

Next, the specific areas where the logs say there is an error. I provided the entire relevant areas of code and placed the line numbers 751 and 873 (they weren't in the original code, just added them for the forum) so you can see where they are (look at Color = )...
Spoiler Line 751 Error :
Code:
-- Pantheon and Religion info (JFD: Changes made to register religions 'founded' by the same player)
    for religion in GameInfo.Religions() do
        local eReligion = religion.ID
        local holyCity = Game.GetHolyCityForReligion(eReligion, -1);
        if holyCity then
            local pPlayer = Players[holyCity:GetOwner()]
            local holyCityName = holyCity:GetName();
            local civName = pPlayer:GetCivilizationShortDescription();

local founderID = pPlayer:GetID();
            local foundDate = JFD_TranslateDate(Game.GetFoundYear(eReligion, founderID))
            if(not activeTeam:IsHasMet(pPlayer:GetTeam())) then
                founderID = -1;
                holyCityName = "TXT_KEY_RO_WR_UNKNOWN_HOLY_CITY";
                civName = "TXT_KEY_RO_WR_UNKNOWN_CIV";
            end

local colour = Colours[eReligion]
            if (not colour) then
                AssignReligionColours()
                colour = Colours[eReligion]
            end

table.insert(religions, {
                Name = Locale.Lookup(Game.GetReligionName(eReligion)),
751             Color = {x=colour.r/255, y=colour.g/255, z=colour.b/255, w=colour.a},
                FoundDate = foundDate,
                ReligionIconIndex = religion.PortraitIndex,
                ReligionIconAtlas = religion.IconAtlas,
                FounderID = founderID,
                HolyCity= Locale.Lookup(holyCityName),
                Founder = Locale.Lookup(civName),
                NumCities = Game.GetNumCitiesFollowing(eReligion),
                NumFollowers = JFD_GetTotalWorldFollowers(eReligion),
                FounderAlive = pPlayer:IsAlive(),
            });
        end
    end

Spoiler Line 873 Error :
Code:
-- Pantheon and Religion info (JFD: Changes made to register religions 'founded' by the same player)
        if holyCity then
            for i,v in ipairs(Game.GetBeliefsInReligion(eReligion)) do
                local belief = GameInfo.Beliefs[v];
                local beliefDesc =  Locale.Lookup(belief.Description)
                -- local colour = Colours[eReligion]
                local colour = nil
                if (not colour) then
                    AssignReligionColours()
                end
                table.insert(beliefs, {
                Name = Locale.Lookup(belief.ShortDescription),
873             Color = {x=colour.r/255, y=colour.g/255, z=colour.b/255, w=colour.a},
                Description = Locale.Lookup(belief.Description),
                Type = GetBeliefType(belief),
                Tooltip = Locale.Lookup(belief.Tooltip),
                Religion = Locale.Lookup(Game.GetReligionName(eReligion)),
                ReligionIconAtlas = religion.IconAtlas
            });
            end
        end
    end

So those are the errors. They primarily originate from this LUA error - attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value) - I have no idea what this means. As I said before LUA is the scourge of my modding experience and any assistance from the community to help me fix this bug would be appreciated.

Last edited:
First, open UserSetting.sql in your RtP folder on Civ 5 SDK or Notepad or other edit program.
Second, read and modify values. There are descriptions of what those do. You need to turn values of CBP compatibility and other preferences into 1.
Third, try playing civ 5. If it seems it doesn't work well, go back to first.
I changed all values in the .sql that had COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH next to them to 1 but it still not working properly. The religion world map is still not viewable,piety is not in the top bar like faith and gold and I cannot establish a government.
Here is the .sql

Attachments

• JFD_RTP_UserSettings.rar
    4.2 KB · Views: 49
I changed all values in the .sql that had COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH next to them to 1 but it still not working properly. The religion world map is still not viewable,piety is not in the top bar like faith and gold and I cannot establish a government.
Here is the .sql
What version of RtP do you use? I can give some advises about UserSetting, but can't help about UI because it's been a long time since I played with this mod and I've always played EUI with this mod customized by me.

Spoiler :

Hello Chrisy15, it has especially been a long time since I have visited this forum but I am back. I have noticed our great Emperor JFD has been abdicated from his throne, may he one day return to restore greatness to his Empire :) ! Anyhow, I decided to start a Civ game and it is running well but I have encountered a small bug that I wish to fix. Typically, I can fix XML and SQL bugs but this time it is a dreaded LUA bug (my least favorite code). This bug has to specifically do with the Religion Overview with the World Religion and World Beliefs screens.

All the way up to turn 280, both screens were functioning properly. The World Religions screen showed the religion, date founded, founder, number of followers, number of cities following and etc. and the World Faiths screen showed all the pantheons and specific beliefs related to their respective religions (all colored fonts and text was properly functioning and appearing). Then I got to turn 286, saved, and then exited my game. When I came back to load it up the next day all the information that was present within the two screens before was gone. The screens weren't blank but they appeared as they would before a religion or pantheon was even founded. Upon further evaluation, I determined that the two screens would work past turn 286 but once I reloaded any save past this turn the screens would never display the nessicary information. I figured a general description of the issue might help but I know the necessary logs and code will also help a lot as well. I will post them below...

First the Lua.log file (no errors were present within Database.log or XML.log). The bolded area is where the error is...
Spoiler Lua.log file :

[72609.734] SanMarco_Functions: loaded
[72609.750] Sukritact_ChangeResearchProgress: loaded
[72609.781] TechSatellitesRevealCities: This is the 'Tech - Satellites Reveal Cities' mod script.
[72610.359] DiscussionDialog: This is the modded DiscussionDialog.lua from CBP - C4DF
[72610.515] DiploTrade: This is the modded TradeLogic from CBP- C4DF
[72612.281] AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info
[72698.187] InfoAddictHooks: INFO: Changing InfoAddict button visibility to LeaderHead contexts
[72698.187] JFD_CID_Functions: Game control acquired by player. TSL Master standing by...
[72698.187] JFD_CID_Functions: Player entering game...
[72700.812] JFD_ExCE_Tribes_Functions: Player entering game...
[72701.453] JFD_RTP_Functions: Player entering game...
[72712.843] Runtime Error: C:\Users\arrow\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ReligionOverview.lua:751: attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value)
[72718.890] Runtime Error: C:\Users\arrow\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ReligionOverview.lua:751: attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value)
[72720.234] Runtime Error: C:\Users\arrow\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ReligionOverview.lua:873: attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value)

Next, the specific areas where the logs say there is an error. I provided the entire relevant areas of code and placed the line numbers 751 and 873 (they weren't in the original code, just added them for the forum) so you can see where they are (look at Color = )...
Spoiler Line 751 Error :
Code:
        if holyCity then
            local pPlayer = Players[holyCity:GetOwner()]
            local holyCityName = holyCity:GetName();
            local civName = pPlayer:GetCivilizationShortDescription();

local founderID = pPlayer:GetID();
            local foundDate = JFD_TranslateDate(Game.GetFoundYear(eReligion, founderID))
            if(not activeTeam:IsHasMet(pPlayer:GetTeam())) then
                founderID = -1;
                holyCityName = "TXT_KEY_RO_WR_UNKNOWN_HOLY_CITY";
                civName = "TXT_KEY_RO_WR_UNKNOWN_CIV";
            end

local colour = Colours[eReligion]
            if (not colour) then
                AssignReligionColours()
            end

table.insert(religions, {
                Name = Locale.Lookup(Game.GetReligionName(eReligion)),
751             Color = {x=colour.r/255, y=colour.g/255, z=colour.b/255, w=colour.a},
                FoundDate = foundDate,
                ReligionIconAtlas = religion.IconAtlas,
                FounderID = founderID,
                HolyCity= Locale.Lookup(holyCityName),
                Founder = Locale.Lookup(civName),
                NumCities = Game.GetNumCitiesFollowing(eReligion),
                NumFollowers = JFD_GetTotalWorldFollowers(eReligion),
                FounderAlive = pPlayer:IsAlive(),
            });
        end
    end

Spoiler Line 873 Error :
Code:
        if holyCity then
            for i,v in ipairs(Game.GetBeliefsInReligion(eReligion)) do
                local belief = GameInfo.Beliefs[v];
                local beliefDesc =  Locale.Lookup(belief.Description)
                -- local colour = Colours[eReligion]
                local colour = nil
                if (not colour) then
                    AssignReligionColours()
                end
                table.insert(beliefs, {
                Name = Locale.Lookup(belief.ShortDescription),
873             Color = {x=colour.r/255, y=colour.g/255, z=colour.b/255, w=colour.a},
                Description = Locale.Lookup(belief.Description),
                Type = GetBeliefType(belief),
                Tooltip = Locale.Lookup(belief.Tooltip),
                Religion = Locale.Lookup(Game.GetReligionName(eReligion)),
                ReligionIconAtlas = religion.IconAtlas
            });
            end
        end
    end

So those are the errors. They primarily originate from this LUA error - attempt to index local 'colour' (a nil value) - I have no idea what this means. As I said before LUA is the scourge of my modding experience and any assistance from the community to help me fix this bug would be appreciated.

Ayy, good to see you lad :D

Gee, is the public version really still on v33?

The issue appears to be that one of the religions in the game isn't in the table of religion colours that is updated in AssignReligionColours(). Obviously, this doesn't make a huge amount of sense...

Unless...

Right, questions:
1. What religions are there in the game
2. Have any Holy Cities been captured?

I think the issue could be to do with the CP changing the Religion Founder when the Religion's Holy City is captured, because the Colours table is assembled based on pPlayer:GetReligionCreatedByPlayer() which iirc only returns the most recent religion - meaning that if someone with a religion captures someone else's holy city, the religion they founded will no longer be returned.

Only issue with this theory is that the Colours table isn't destroyed at any point, so surely the colour data should linger from a time when it was valid except it does but you're loading a save and since data isn't persistent that's the issue yea ic!

...yeah, got a bit excited :p

But yea, if you can answer the two questions then that should hopefully provide evidence to support this theory.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can get you in with the rest of us; at the very least, your skills could be handy for RwF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom