JSNES03: Déjà Vu, Jamais Vu, Presque Vu

Umm, joe, can you fix the map please? I can't send orders if I can't see the map :(

TO: Holy Roman Empire

In the interests of maintaining peace and stable frontiers upon the border, Emperor Viktor I officially confirms the proposal of a mutual defensive pact between both states as conjectured in recent talks. With this measure having been passed the Emperor awaits the reciprocal confirmation of Emperor Franz II to enact the agreement.

TO: Italian Nations
SUBJECT: Alliance

I think, for the mutual security of Italy, and to counter the threats that the larger nations of Europe pose to us, there should be alliances between each of us, called the Italian Defensive Pact, of IDP.

From King of Venice.

@Nuclear Kid I don't know what you want me to do... the map is from Imageshack, and works just fine for everyone else...

To Venice
From Genoa, Papal States

We get all the help we need from France, thanks.

To Venice
From Piedmont, Lucca

We don't see why not... we share the fear of HRE, Neapolitan, and French expansion into our realms.

I don't know why it won't work, all I get is a red x. Do you think you could try reposting it?

no Aim, but I sent u a pm

TO: Italian Nations
SUBJECT: Alliance

I think, for the mutual security of Italy, and to counter the threats that the larger nations of Europe pose to us, there should be alliances between each of us, called the Italian Defensive Pact, of IDP.

From King of Venice.

From Kingdom of Naples
To Kingdom of Venice

Our country will not join an alliance. Our interests lie to the south not to the north. We do not wish to be dragged into dangerous or even silly conflicts in the north of Italia. However, we do wish for peaceful and positive relations for the good of all Italians.

-King Ferdinand I

Can i be papal??

Le Royaume de France, das. The d' or l' is only used in the case of guttural stops, when such articles are followed by words starting with vowels!

Right, what did I say? :p

IC:

To: Kingdom of Venice, Kingdom of Piedmont, Republic of Lucca

We strongly advise you against going ahead with your alliance treaty; it is likely to needlessly factionalise Italy, and indeed make it a battlefield of alliances. In any case, it is clearly incapable of achieving its stated goals, and indeed is likely to work in the other direction. However, recognising your concern for your safety, the Kingdom of France is willing to extend its protection to all of Italy - we are every bit as interested in preserving peace and order in the Apennine Peninsula as you are, and are willing to go to great lenghts to ensure it, especially if you would cooperate if a threat to peace and order were to emerge.

TO: The Kingdom of France
SUBJECT: Italian Defensive Pact

To His most regal King of France,

I, King of Venice, propsed this Treaty not to outcast the Italian Nations who sought not to follow this, however, to ensure that the protection of those that do sign it. It has been designed to ensure that, through alliances, to protect the signatours, by each nation being fully co-operative to aid those signatories who are in need of help. Both Genoa and the Papal States has shown that they are in no need of such a treaty, as they recieve adequate protection from your own nation, against which I have no problems with. However those nations by which do not recieve support at the present time, have expressed interest in joining into such an alliance, as they too share the fear that the larger nations of Europe's expansion into Europe could jepordise the said nations, The Kingdoms of Venice and Piedmont, and the Republic of Lucca, and as such see this as a wise move to prevent said nations falling to expansionistic Great power moves. We wish to eventually see Italy as a unified entity, however, we feel that such an alliance, or Defensive Pact, to be used when the signateours are in dire need, is nessecary for the survival of said nations.

We hope that you can now see our position on this Defensive Pact, and we hope that if you do, you will respect the wish of each of the nations that have expressed interest to follow their dreams, and respect their decision of continued viability as a nation.

Yours Hopefully,

King Francesco Savorgnan I

King of the Kingdom of the Venetians
& Grand Admiral of the Royal Ventian Military

To: Kingdom of Venice

That much is understood, yes - but even then, you cannot realistically hope that an alliance of three Italian states will be enough to counter the expansionist designs of any great power that sets its mind to the subjugation of Italy.

Our offer of protection still stands; you may retain your Defensive Pact, this will merely augment its worth.

Confirming the British Commonwealth.

To: The Washington Republic

We know your rebellious sentiment and spirit is hard to contain, but for the sake of the continued existence of your Republic, you should accept our ten year Non-Aggression Pact. Any encroachment on this treaty will see thorough destruction of Washington, and that is not an encouragable thing for a developing nation such as yourself is it?

To: United Scandinavia & Kingdom of France

We have noticed the presence of Scandinavian and French colonies in Australia recently. This is unacceptable as Australia is a British continent. Rather than jump to conflict, however, we are willing to negotiate for the purchase of these outposts and the assurance that Australia will be left to Britain.

To: Pope Benedict XV

Your help in converting the Japanese is greatly appreciated. Many of them are now on the path out of paganism and into Christianity for good. However, your help is no longer needed. Our missionaries can take up more than thier fair share of convertees.

We would also like to see a Papal statement calling back the Catholic missionaries already within Nippon, for the sake of peace in the island. This would be the Christian way, will you comply?

To: The British Commonwealth

We are not interested in ceding our present Australian outpost, but we are willing to recognise the rest of Australia (with the possible exception of Scandinavian claims) to be a "British continent", as we have no plans of expanding further inland.

To: Kingdom of France

Very well, that is acceptable, but there will be no payment from us.

To Britain
From the Washington Republic

We accept the NAP

To The British Commonwealth:
From The Papal State
Our missionaries will not withdraw, our devine assignment is not yet done. We think that our missionaries are well capable in converting the barbarians into fine christians, do not interfer with our higher mission please.

Yours sincerely Pope Benedict XV

Top Bottom