1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Jumping to Prince" SG

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by pholkhero, Mar 16, 2006.

1. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I never use the chopping exploit; I think this is a failing of mine.

Colossus...mmm...coastal tiles are our FRIENDS :)

wHIP IT...WHIP IT GOOD

Here's ten cities w/some overlap ~

Awesome turns, who's up next? Skunk or Lobster??

2. SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor 1 turn at a time.

Lobster right? I thought I was at the end but am here and ready to take it.

3. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I would say that, unless Lobster posts in the next couple of hours from now, go ahead and play his 10 turns. This IS the first go round, and he did say he might not be able to play until tomorrow anyway.

So, yeah, if Lobster doesn't post in an hour or so, play away! I don't *think* he'd mind, since it'd in the interest of keeping the game going.

4. SkunkDoctor

meh... cant really play now. Might be able to squeeze in the turns but wont be able to give a report. My girlfriend is on the warpath and I gotta head over there (her laptop has the black terrain problem). So I'll prob take in 12 hours or so if we havent heard from lobster yet. Nice turns so far guys, its about to get interesting:mischief: .
    EDIT: I'll take the disc over and try and take the turns. Won't be any screenies though.

5. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

ok=]
    shortmessage

6. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

did you get to the game last night??

7. SkunkDoctor

nah didnt get it last night, its friggin impossible to play with that black terrain. Prob a good thing, I don't think my girl woulda been too happy about it. I try and hide my nerdy tendencies from her :mischief: .
    Any way, I'm gonna jump on it now just to keep things moving along. Lobster, hope you don't mind.

Is there any way to tell when lobster last signed on?
    Report to come.

8. SkunkDoctor

Paused to ask a question. How do I take screenies? Found something interesting... a guarded goody hut but our odds are only 9.9%. Also, uncovered another fishie so moved second city site

9. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Print Screen ~ then, they're all depostied in your ScreenShots folder, same directory as the Saves folder...do you know how to post them here?? I just figured it out and could help you if you need....

i don't know if there IS any way to see when he logged on, but, since he said he might have trouble getting the game today (Mon), I don't think he'll mind terribly if you play...i'll fix the roster

10. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

well, I suggest you to press the print screen button and then paste it on Paint or something and that way you will be sure you got the screen.

11. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Take two pics...that's what i do!

12. SkunkDoctor

okay well finished the turns, no screenies sorry.

IT: Paris is about to grow and will be unhappy, so I bring the war on the horses back home.
    ENTER

1: coastal examination reveals more fish for city site 2. I move settler to grab both when border pops.

2: Found Orleans, begin on a work boat.
    I find a guarded goody hut! Odds are 9.9% to win, no thanks. Try and lure him into attacking, but this barb is no dummy. His odds keep getting better from fortify bonus, and we are now a measly 3.5% to win. Um, ya.

3: zzz

4: Work boat done in paris. Start on a barracks and grab clams.

5: war killed by a barb out to the west. Grrr. Switch Paris to Chariot.

6-?: Whhops! I dont kow how many times I hit enter!

I messed up my turn count somewhere. I may have taken only 8, but I'm not sure and it seems like a good stopping point. Masonry is in, just started Mysticism due in 5. Paris is at happiness limit, so turn on avoid growth until the whipping unhappy goes away, then whip em again and turn growth back on! We have a war keeping an eye on that goody hut, chariot is due in 2 and might be able to take him down. I want that hut! Also Pyramids should be chopped ASAP, but I wanted to get that chariot out first. There is a barb somewhere in the fog to the west, so be careful moving the worker into forest/jungle/hills out that way.

13. SkunkDoctor

And the save....

14. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Can we MM Paris to get a better tile yield? I don't know what he's working, but i just don't trust that city governor.

15. SkunkDoctor

Well I would definitely check the MM, I completely spaced on that so we have clam and pigs being worked instead of all those forest squares. That should be fixed immediately, but we may still need to hit avoid growth. I'm not sure, but I think food is still stored in the box, just no new citizens till you turn growth back on, i.e. it will be 1 turn to grow indefinitely.

16. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

no...it supposed to redo all the tiles so that you're growth becomes stagnant, or very close to it, b/c it doesn't always get to that point...so, at size, what are we 3? all we need is 6 food to sustain ourselves...so, perhaps working just 3 grass/forest tiles will increase prod a bit...

17. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

who's next in roaster?

18. JerichoHill

JerichoHill Bedrock of Knowledge

Umm guys, we do not need chariots. We just need to bust all the fog with warriors.

It will be cheaper in the long run.

Oh yeah, warrior on the hut. Heck, leave him be! It'll become a city! Or not...Anyways, please next person, get to chopping the pyramids ASAP but use the chopping exploit. We could've continued to biuld units those last turns and exploited the chop coding to let the pyramids get the chopped wood.

19. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Musketeer

Well, you are our friendly barbarian expert=P
    I agree with the fog busting.
    Bummer that we are at an island=\

20. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

What are you a cannibal??

In the roSter, LobsterBoy is up ~ 23 hrs and ticking...but he did say he might not be able to play today anyway...

so, now that we know what we've got to some degree, here's some victory thoughts:
    Cultural: w/o access to the early religions AND other civs, we would be dependent on nabbing 3 of the 4 late religions to make this really viable . . .
    Conquest/Domination: again, on an island makes this tougher, but i could use some help planning invasions...perhaps the sub-title of this SG is the French Expeditionary Force??? Maybe Egypt will be nearby. . . .:lol:
    Diplo: possible, but not likely
    Space: i guess, really, the only 'easy' option available, at least in my mind . . .