Just another Mod Chooser

UNeverNo

Chieftain
I was sick of creating shortcuts by hand so I decided to create a Mod Chooser.

This program uses the registry to find the Civ-Path and offers some other functionalities. So you can close this Mod Chooser after starting Civ or configure it to automatically show the last started mod in Civ4/Warlords/BtS.

To install it simply put the .exe into any folder you want, I recommend Desktop, and start it - that's all.

Have fun! :)

Version history:
2.0 - now compatible to complete version (actual version)
1.1 - 2'913 downloads (fallback; not complete-compatible!)
1.0 - 452 downloads
0.3 - 850 downloads
0.2 - 11 downloads
0.1 - only internal testings

Download v2.0

Suggestions? Questions? Bugs? Email me (see About) or PM me...

Attachments

• Civ IV MC.jpg
    Civ IV MC.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,660
UNeverNo,

Nicely done. Best I have seen/used.

Thank you very much for making. I like that you can mod choose for Civ4 vanilla AND Warlords...

Regards,

John

Hello folks,

I made an update, because I forgot to look for Mods in MyDocuments. :mischief:
Please download the new version 0.3.

If you do have any ideas how to make the program better - post it ;)

After playing my first Civ4 Mod I immediately began wishing for a program just like this. Thank you.

@UNeverNo: i downloaded and extracted your mod chooser, but it doesn't work, nor in Civ4 nor in Warlords, it says:

Run-time error '9':
subscript out of range
i don't have any idea of how to fix it.Can you help me, please? I do appreciate, thanks.

Mhh hard to find an error without debugging the code. And I don't get such error at my machine :(
I'm going to update the tool for BtS - I will take a closer look then, ok? :)

Many thanks for this great program.

Do you have any idea when do you update this program for Beyond the Sword expansion?

Very nice :goodjob:
My one gripe with it is that the text could be bigger, I don't mean huge, but maybe 14-20 font instead of 12.
Also, if you could make the menus just show all the mods without scrolling, that would be nice too.
And there is one small bug. It says "BTS pure" for the warlords slot by default and there is no default for the BTS slot.

Overall very nice and simple with no clutter. I'm surprised I didn't find this sooner.

Thx ... very easy and straight forward way to start mods in Civ4. I will be using this quite a bit.

It says "BTS pure" for the warlords slot by default and there is no default for the BTS slot.

I didn't notice a "BTS pure" in the Warlords slot but there was not an option (default) in the BTS slot (was blank). Easy to work around as the drop-menu had the right stuff under BTS. Might want to fix for a polished release however ;)

Top Bottom