KotOR Mafia - game thread

That's a cop-out.

The game is a guessing game, power roles and bogus claims aside. I can't use a bunch of rounds of no voting to determine someone's guilt. I can determine that they aren't helping kill scumbags and that it does an effective job masking any possible affiliations one might have. So it is both actively anti-town and pro-mafia.

Roll a random number generator if you must, but the game is not won by not lynching.

Pizza is right. Again.

@Buddha:
I dislike Buddha's vote on Dave, that one stands out to me more than Darth Caeser's, or SamSniped's. Not sure why, just seems to be trying to hide in a safe vote.

Vote: Zack his erratic voting pattern yesterday was far too scummy.

"Tu quoque" is a logical fallacy.

Someone reads Cracked.

That's a cop-out.

The game is a guessing game, power roles and bogus claims aside. I can't use a bunch of rounds of no voting to determine someone's guilt. I can determine that they aren't helping kill scumbags and that it does an effective job masking any possible affiliations one might have. So it is both actively anti-town and pro-mafia.

Roll a random number generator if you must, but the game is not won by not lynching.

:agree:

I don't believe he's seriously scum-hunting, just blending in.

Nah, I'm just not a good scumhunter. I may be too paranoid. Or too trusting. Or perhaps both.

Anyways, vote: Earthling. I find it a bit odd that you vote for Zack, then immediately back down and actually follow his vote. Or something.

vote: Mechaerik because there is something wrong with you.

Today we'll have a special midday update, for the introduction of a new setting.

If it were up to me, we'd all follow Dreadnought's Triple-L Law of Mafia: Lynch Lurkers & Liabilities.

Two ways you can assist myself and others determine which team you're playing for:

• Qualify what you mean by liabilities, give examples of who specifically is being a liability presently, or even in the generic sense.
  • Qualify which lurkers you'd prefer dead first.

Specifics are very helpful. Even if I vote random player and assert that my vote is purely random, I am claiming the following:

1) I am not scum with this person
2) If others vote to lynch him, I will also keep my vote there and help you kill him.

I need a half-dozen or so of these claims over the course of a game this size to determine for myself if someone is scum with any degree of confidence; and all you have to do is vote someone.

Two ways you can assist myself and others determine which team you're playing for:

• Qualify what you mean by liabilities, give examples of who specifically is being a liability presently, or even in the generic sense.
  • Qualify which lurkers you'd prefer dead first.

Specifics are very helpful. Even if I vote random player and assert that my vote is purely random, I am claiming the following:

1) I am not scum with this person
2) If others vote to lynch him, I will also keep my vote there and help you kill him.

I need a half-dozen or so of these claims over the course of a game this size to determine for myself if someone is scum with any degree of confidence; and all you have to do is vote someone.

Will do ASAP.

To clarify:

o A liability is someone who you wouldn't want to have to choose between in the endgame; for example, someone who *may* be town, but their actions are scummy enough to cause some WIFOM in the endgame. Hence, you take the chance and lynch them; you either get scum, or you avoid an awkward endgame where you need to choose between two scummy players when there is only one mafia member left.

o You lynch lurkers because you can't get reads on them.

The wagon on Zack has actually gotten really big looking across the posts. We need people to consider alternatives to have meaningful votes, don't let this out of control today. fos: MartinLuther too for your bandwagon vote today and given you were one of the suspicious ones yesterday, with your "don't lynch neutrals/we don't trust Jarrema yet" stance.

I also have to ask, johnhughthom, are you actually seriously claiming an ability or investigation result against Zack, or just general accusations? If it's true evidence there's more of a case for bandwagonning, otherwise not.

I find it a bit odd that you vote for Zack, then immediately back down and actually follow his vote. Or something.

Well I was already suspicious of Winston too as I said, and didn't like how Zack defended Winston in a panic-y way on Day 1, my primary reason at the time to be suspicious of Zack. I could have gone after Winston on my own, and it's understandable for Zack to vote Winston so I am good with doing that first. If Winston comes up as non-town or at the least role reveals sans lynch there is plenty of room for follow-ups.

You knew this was coming.

That's why I'm not named Pizza-Eating-Scumbag-Guy. I declare this retroactively because I said so.

Actually, I was the first to do that.

The wagon on Zack has actually gotten really big looking across the posts. We need people to consider alternatives to have meaningful votes, don't let this out of control today. fos: MartinLuther too for your bandwagon vote today and given you were one of the suspicious ones yesterday, with your "don't lynch neutrals/we don't trust Jarrema yet" stance.

I don't remember protecting Neutrals. Could you show me some quotes, please.

I trust Jarrema more because Dave turned out to be Non-Town. At least his scans are accurate. I didn't trust Jarrema because he might have been a lying scumbag trying to get a townie lynched

It's just that you seemed to defend DaveShack for quite a while , and we know who he was, and were harsh on Jarrema, asking for his character roleclaim when the town didn't really need to know it and going with the we'll-lynch-him-next-just-in-case mentality.

How about this - if you, MartinLuther, have no special reason to bandwagon, let's switch over to a counterwagon. Unless someone was trying to go on actual, ability-related evidence, we don't need a runaway bandwagon on Zack just for suspicious thread patterns so early. He's up 5 votes to 2 on anyone else I count right now, and there are a lot of other wagoners and suspicious people who could be put in a runoff. I'm also not seeing a high chance of anyone else being onboard to vote Winston so I'm ok with changing my own personal vote. Let's Winston Hughes vote: SamSniped

I'm not sure why I'm not on board with the Winston lynch.

TBH it's probably because I haven't seen him play in a while, which is not a valid reason.

I'll toss my hat in as being willing to lynch Winston even though I'd hate to not be able to play with him. Right now he's in the "liability" column.

Unvote, Vote: MartinLuther

There are others who can vouch for my innocence. Can anyone vouch for yours?

Also, I'm curious why JHT starts off every day by voting me.

And I would like at least one person voting me to provide an example of when "vote-hopping" was validated as a scumtell. Or at the very least give reasoning for voting me other than "he's suspicious."

Winston could roleclaim without being lynched. The votes are just pressure if necessary and when we don't have better alternatives on the lynch. A vigilante attempt is also a possibility for the Winston situation right now, imo. It's just lynch votes are also much more open than a vigilante going to kill him all of a sudden because he seems too inactive - it doesn't give as much of a chance for a response.

Top Bottom