[Large] The Thing 2: Who Goes There?

CivCube

Spicy.
The Thing 2
Who Goes There?

Most of you have flown into Coventry Biotech for one reason: money. That's as it should be. Your livelihoods were secured as soon as you signed that contract. Now begins the first day of the rest of your life, or rather, the first day of 166 research periods here in Antarctica.

Some of you have already done some prior at a site not too far from here. There was an...incident that perhaps terminated a few scientists there earlier than planned, but that's all part of the plan, isn't it? They brought their earlier project along as a practice test for our Quantum Rocketry program.

I am pleased to announce that the thirty of you are the best of the best. You're the brightest our elite universities have to offer. And now...if you will wheel the subject over this way...gentlemen, this glass box contains what was of left of what some of you call a "Thing". Very descriptive! Now then...I will adjust the one-way glass here and...

And...

...Where is it?

...Who turned out the lights?

...Who goes there?

Night Two

1. NinjaCow64 - Unknown
2. christos200 - Unknown
3. Buddhafish - Unknown
4. spaceman98 - Unknown
5. Peter Sirk - Quarantined
6. topsecret - Unknown
7. Autolycus - Unknown
8. Terran_Emperor - Unknown
9. Optical - Unknown
10. ELITEOFWARMAN8 - Unknown
11. The_Black_Knigh - Unknown
12. azzaman333 - Unknown
13. Kennigit - Unknown
14. BSmith1068 - Unknown
15. Gone 3 The Celt - Unknown
16. Mat93 - Unknown
17. Jarrema - Unknown
18. cardith_lorda - Unknown
19. BigTin - Unknown
20. Franklin Johans - Unknown
21. Carter Barone - Unknown
22. Lorenzo d'Razilielli - Unknown
23. Otombe Tonno - Unknown
24. Marshall Anderson - Unknown
25. Quentin Walker - Unknown
26. Lester Cunningham - Unknown
27. Karl Oehlke - Unknown
28. Phineas Derks - Unknown
29. Grant Gygax - Unknown
30. John Johnson - Unknown

Rooms

1 phase
Mess Hall
Showers
Recreation
Garage
Living Quarters
Dog Shed
Reception
Medical Lab

3 phases
Armory
Comm Station
Administration
Technical

4 phases
Landing Strip
Electrical Grid
Basement

Rules

Spoiler :
Phases

Spoiler :
A day phase will last 48 hours, during which the town will vote on lynches and divvy up items.

A night phase will last 24 hours, during which everyone will send in night actions.

Adjusted Lynch Rules

Spoiler :
Lynches are performed by blasting the lynchee with a flamethrower. The flamethrower requires gas cans to operate.

Every present player (that is, not investigating for more than one phase -- Cube) MUST vote during the Day Phase for a player to be lynched by the town. Votes must be bolded. Vote: Tags are optional. For a retraction, either strike through (If you don’t know how to do that, it is done using the tags) your old vote or Unvote: it. I won’t penalize you for not unvoting correctly, but please do it anyway, to make my tallying easier. And don’t edit posts with votes in them unless you feel like making me angry.

If you repeatedly miss votes or even don’t post at all, I will send you a kindly reminder via PM to get your gluteus maximus to the thread and vote. WoG’s and replacements will be at the discretion of the GM. You can also request a replacement, and I’ll try to find one.

Abstain and No Lynch are allowed. If you vote No Lynch, you must vote for another action the town should do instead. If the town has a mixed vote, the vote with the highest plurality wins.

Communication

Spoiler :
While alive and not investigating for more than one phase, you may communicate with other players however you wish. If you are absent from a Day phase because you are investigating, you may not post in the thread or exchange PMs. If you are killed by the Thing, you may not post or PM anywhere about the game except in the Dead QT. If you are chosen by the Thing as an impersonated identity, you can post as normal, under the directions of the Thing player. Dead players may be PMed as normal until revealed as killed. However, any replies must be first approved by the Thing player.

Room Investigations

Spoiler :
During night, a player can investigate any available room through an action sent to the GM. Some rooms may take more time to look around, requiring at least two phases. This is completely optional; you will always have the chance of finding at least something in one phase. If you want to dig deeper, you can try to press your luck by investigating another phase. However, doing this will mean you will not be present for lynch voting during the day.

Items and Machinery

Spoiler :
Various items are available during investigations, including gas cans that are necessary for lynching. You have the option of either keeping the item for your personal use or sharing it with the town. If the option is there, you may also choose to forgo the item for generic raw parts. Again, you may share these parts (a fraction or all) with the town or keep them for yourself. Different machines can be upgraded with raw parts to benefit the town.

Death and Thing Mechanics

Spoiler :
The Thing operates differently this time around. No, I'm not telling how. :satan: Watch the 1982 film to get a better idea.

Deaths will not be publicly posted unless the town lynches someone or confirms a kill.

Victory Conditions

Spoiler :
Why yes, there are more than one. Obviously, if you destroy the Thing, the town wins. Explore the facility to unlock additional victories.

Please ask questions if any of this is confusing. I'll edit accordingly.

Night One has started. Please send in your night order in [TIMER=3/13/2013 8:00 PM CST][/TIMER]

:culture: Do-do-do-do-do SUBSCRIBED. :culture:

Subed

Night One over. Update coming soon.

Update coming very soon. Yep. Sure is.

Day One

A sunny day in Antarctica. All appears to be well. Appears to be.

You may now post freely. Everyone is present.

TOWN FACILITY STATUS

Quarantine Chamber - holds a suspect for one night 150 pts, HEALTHY

Biological Monitoring Device - sweeps first 5 rooms for signs of life 150 pts, HEALTHY

Electrical Grid - powers town's choice of rooms for the next night 150 pts, HEALTHY

You have one gas can for the flamethrower.

Days ends on Sunday, March 16 at 6:00 PM CST. Thanks for your patience while I got this up. If you found items during the night, I'll be PMing you shortly.​

nada importante

Nothing of note

metal.

is there anything the town can do with 10 metal? Do we have any machines?

Same here, I found ten. I looked around the Mess Hall by the way.

is there anything the town can do with 10 metal? Do we have any machines?

We have three, a Quarantine Chamber, Biological Monitoring Device and an Electrical Grid.

At the moment I don't think we should lynch anyone, we only have one can of gas, let's be sure that someone's the monster before we burn them. However, I am not sure what device to use. I can guess what the Quarantine Chamber does, but the other two?

@CivCube: Can we get clarification on what they do, or are the descriptions intentionally vague?

For now as a placeholder, No Lynch; Electrical Grid: ALL THE ROOMS!

Same here, I found ten. I looked around the Mess Hall by the way.

We have three, a Quarantine Chamber, Biological Monitoring Device and an Electrical Grid.

At the moment I don't think we should lynch anyone, we only have one can of gas, let's be sure that someone's the monster before we burn them. However, I am not sure what device to use. I can guess what the Quarantine Chamber does, but the other two?

@CivCube: Can we get clarification on what they do, or are the descriptions intentionally vague?

For now as a placeholder, No Lynch; Electrical Grid: ALL THE ROOMS!

I second his proposal.

can we power all the rooms?
power all the rooms

no lynch. Will wait on Civcube for the rest to prevent a wagon.

Top Bottom